[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll just get to the point, I want to be ready for a SHTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 16

File: srwm.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
srwm.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
I'll just get to the point, I want to be ready for a SHTF scenario. Where do I start?
>>
have water and canned/dehydrated food in the house. when SHTF you don't leave the house.
>>
>>885269

do you have a 500ft roll of razorwire?
>>
Live in the countryside. Trust me, living in the city is shit when the SHTF.

Do obvious things like store Food, Water, Medical Supplies, Clothing, Lighters, etc.

Apart from that, learn hunting, farming, and homesteading skills, Learn how to blacksmith. Even learn how to make iron out of bog iron. Learn wild edibles. Learn how to build a cabin.
>>
>>885269

Depends on which scenario you are planning for.
>>
find someone dumb enough to pour time and money into "prepping", and if something does happen, kill them and take their stuff
>>
If Killary is elected it would be a good idea for people around the world to be ready for when shtf.
>>
>>885269
I should be a practicing physician by the time the global economy collapses. Should I go Emergency just so I have a marketable skill in the postapocalyptic wasteland?

I could trade stitches and stabilization for eggs or sex slaves.

OR should I go psychiatry and stockpile a bunch of xanax as a barter good
>>
>>885269

Prep your body before you prep every thing else. No point in planning for a shtf crap, if your fat ass can barely walk up some stairs.
>>
>>885427
HEAR YE, AMERICANS
>>
>>885405
Trump supporters:
>Hillary is just more of the same, she won't change anything, vote for trump YOLO
You just now:
>Hillary will drastically change everything
>>
Carlos Marighella, The Minimanual of the Urban Guerrilla
>>
>>885446
Honestly, the way I see it, her Obama are a very large part of the reason that tensions with Russia are so high. We are already on a path to ww3 and if she is elected then we will contunue to march steadily towards it. Trump is an off chance to break the cycle. He probably won't, but she definitely won't.
>>
>>885427
This. Thus is the greatest advice on the subject. If you've got 80 pounds of gear and have to hoof it out of an urban environment and you're severely out of shape, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>885269
Learn your area. Learn how to survive in your local area and also learn the best routes of escape.
>>
SHTF is often associated with bugout bags and wilderness survival. Don't fall for that autistic meme. It's just manchildren trying to justify their little "army" hobby and collecting gear.

In a real disaster scenario, you are unlikely able to even get out of the city. All that wilderness survival shit is going to be dead weight. Roads will be gridlocked and possibly even blocked off (physical damage, roadblocks, etc), so driving anywhere is unlikely. I also doubt that hiking from your job to the woods to live there until things settle down is reasonable. So instead, you should be planning on getting yourself home and meeting up with family / loved ones.

You need to be prepared mainly with these things:

>Food
Beans, rice, canned goods, etc are good choices. Just keep a much larger amount than you actually use on-hand at all times and rotate through it as you eat.
>Water
Store lots of water. I also advise learning about various purification methods, as well as having filters and iodine on hand.
>Fuel
You're going to need a method of cooking when the power gets shut off. All those beans you're storing aren't so good raw. Have a gas stove and a lot of fuel on hand.
>Communication
Figure out some method of staying in touch with family. I can't tell you what the best way is because everyone's situation is different. A radio to listen to local news is a good start though.
>Lighting
Candles, lanterns, batteries, flashlights, lighters & matches, etc. Obviously useful when you can't turn the lights on. A device to charge other electronics is useful as well.
>Clothing
If shit goes down during winter, make sure you can actually stay warm. Extra blankets, sweaters, socks, etc. Your house will get cold without power.
>Protection
Gun and ammo stockpile. I personally have a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle. Can be used to hunt if things ever get that bad.
>>
File: IMG_20160710_143846.jpg (915KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160710_143846.jpg
915KB, 2048x1536px
I'm buying 10 AR15 lowers.

Bound to go up in price.
>>
>>885462

+1111111%
>>
File: IMG_20151202_190701.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_190701.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>885427
Getting all my dental caught up, third crown done, fourth scheduled in nov.

Going on a morning ATV ride to reconnoiter the local AO.

Plan to open carry .44 magnum and wear shemega.

Stockpiling ammo, magazines, primers, powder and projos now. Pic related.

6 mile hike with 5 gallon water bottle (40lbs) on frame pack today at 1pm.

Going to explore a cave after hike, then eat Thai food.

No time to bushcraft, fuck.
>>
>>885284
Staying stationary in a long term SHTF situation would never work. You'll get robbed and looted. While all of those skills are needed, building a cabin would be a waste of time. Stay mobile and avoid other people.
>>
>>885470
>everyone lives in a big city
>>
What do you consider a SHTF situation?

A natural disaster like Katrina would lead to a bunch of mischief. Stock up on food, water, and medicine. Learn how to fire a hang gun or rifle. Be prepared to move if your house floods.

Red Dawn SHFT scenario is extremely unlikely, and anybody preparing for that or zombie apocalypses are literally retarded. Just kill them and take their shit if that ever does happen. They spend hundreds of thousands on their underground shipping container and prepping supplies. Cut off their air supply and suffocate them to death. Chances are they'll open their door before dying without a fight. They'll be weak and choking. Easy kill.
>>
>>885528
> Molon Labe motherfucker!
>>
>>885528
This
>>
>>885580
Not if I make a treehouse in the Redwood Forest like an Ewok and fling my pooh at you from above!
>>
I'm not paranoid, most of the skills I learn will likely just be used on solo camping trips, but it's still good to be ready for anything.

Question. What are the best knives to keep in my bag? All I have now is a cheap pocket knife.

>>885427

Good advice, I've spent the past year getting myself into better shape.
>>
>>885608
And perhaps my question should have been clearer. I'm more interested in getting a bug out bag started. My house is already stocked with canned/dried food, water, warm clothing, first aid kit. That seems like common sense to me.
>>
>>885611
I already fish as a hobby, am learning how to hunt, would like to start learning how to forage.
>>
>>885528
>They spend hundreds of thousands on their underground shipping container and prepping supplies
There are a fair amount of people that do this and don't advertise it to the whole world. good luck finding them.
>>
File: IMG_20161030_094159-1.jpg (473KB, 1806x1147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161030_094159-1.jpg
473KB, 1806x1147px
>>885516
Morning ride with oc, check. Loving the new 700 Raptor.
>Note: shemegas are aids

Pack packed for 1:30p traihead time.
>>
>>885269

#1 suitable clothing / shelter
#2 reliable water
#3 reliable food
#4 medical supplies / supplemental nutrition / hygiene
#5 self defense implements

listed in order of importance.
>>
>>885284
nice screen cap MCQ but you're not fooling us.
Trial and error motherfucker go outside this instance and make it fucking work or dont come back.
>>
>>885522
Being nomadic is a shit plan during SHTF. Enjoy getting robbed, raped, and left for dead in the middle of a goat trail by someone who actually knows the area and who has spent his time investing in his surroundings instead of scavenging to survive. But thanks in advance for all of your free shit and boipussi.
>>
>>885522
Depends on the context.

Imagine a scenario where you have a wife. Young kid. Perhaps an ailing parent decided to stay "for the weekend" when shit started kicking off and is now part of your responsibility. Would you hunker down, board up your windows, go full Anne Frank and wait it out with your shelter and supplies? Or do you join the stampeding herds of sheeple heading out innawoods with no plan, only the clothes you're wearing and the supplies you can carry on your back, at the pace of a limping 65 year old woman, into a cold, dark, unfamiliar terrain full of looting niggers, "shoot first" survivalist nuts, FEMA death squads, etc?

And don't even entertain a "euthanize the old, eat the young, social Darwinism or gtfo" fantasy. In the real world family would walk through fire to help each other.

Me, I'm planning on getting a cute little homestead. If shtf then follow a motte and bailey doctrine - retreat to the house, scan the fields, scare off who I can, play dead if somebody stronger turns up, and fight to the death on home turf if forced to.
>>
>>885726
You're doing the opposite of what humans should do and that's to merge a commune / society. Specialized roles and what-not.

All on your own, or even just your small family, it'll get very boring and difficult too.
>>
>>885516

Pls dont open carry. I beg of you.
>>
>>885269
learn how to fix things. Learn to grow you own food. Get fruit trees. Grow half the food you eat. Stay fit. Get one reliable gun.

When SHTF, let your wife have the gun to protect your house and kids and go in the army/whatever to fix the thing.

That's it.
>>
>>885641
It's too bad you cropped out your mullet.
>>
>>885641
>trailers as far the THE-I-CAN-C
>sidearm on display in holster for recreational ATV trip
>mullet carefully cropped-out of picture
hyuck yuck
>>
File: IMG_20161030_142927-1.jpg (415KB, 1504x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161030_142927-1.jpg
415KB, 1504x950px
>>885641
Trail head on time.

6.6 total miles, 1000' elevation in the first 2 miles, best way to carry 5 gallons I know of.

>Mullet cropped, check.
>>
File: P1040591.jpg (498KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1040591.jpg
498KB, 1600x1200px
>>885870
LMAO fucking christ dude ever heard of water filtration?
>>
File: 1472951120869.gif (778KB, 196x207px) Image search: [Google]
1472951120869.gif
778KB, 196x207px
>>885872
He's weight training.

Too bad I just autistically lost my job. I was eyeing a nice pack. What a shitty time to be unemployed.
>>
>>885873
ohhh thank god. thought he was legit autismo. also, buy a cheap pack on amazon my dude. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KBYPIG?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl
>>
>>885873
here found a 60l even cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPX5EKA?psc=1
>>
testing 1234
>>
>>885874
>>885876
thanks i'll check those out
>>
>>885873
> mfw just one anon gets it
Thx. Water makes for a very dense pack weight and I've been wanting to try out this pack config for some time.

Worked pretty well! Center of gravity liwer than I liked. Would try next with 5G water and 1k 7.63x39mm.

An interesting expieriment that weeds out the posers who say they will "head for the hills".

A really nice hike.

Did you shitposters have as much fun /in/ as I did actually completing my /out/ Sunday list?

View from the top, 6800'+.
>>
>>885446
This is true. The main reason I want Trump to win is because I want to see what'll happen. I know what'll happen if Hillary wins. Just more corruption and annoying programs that people are told will help them but are, in reality, just lining Hilldogs pockets. Trump could be a disaster, but at least it'll be a different disaster.
>>
long term tips: get as independant as possible, move from the city immediately live self sufficiently on land that is yours and have some kind of fence or wall around it. make sure you can defend yourself and try helping your least suspicious fellow survivors.
short term advice: if you're in a city when it goes down, get out of there immediately, go home and get as much water, supplies and tools as you can carry/stuff in your car. then get to a thinly populated place and try setting up some kind of compound.
>>
>>885516

Good man. Take care of those teeth.
>>
Hate to break it to you but SHTF already happened. The tripfags came in and shtf. Fuck you Plont. Fuck you Pepsi. Gonna burn you buggers with my ferro rod
>>
File: IMG_20161030_135502.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161030_135502.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>886830
Tanks! Pic fron Sunday's hike, unrelated.
> be true to your teeth or they will be false to you
>>
File: mormon preparedness.jpg (64KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
mormon preparedness.jpg
64KB, 750x999px
>>885446

"What I said and what I mean is that there will have to be consequences for any violation by Iran and that
the *nuclear* option should not at all be taken off the table. That has been my position consistently."

-- Hillary Clinton Dec 6, 2015 --
>>
File: Glock and AR.jpg (251KB, 1600x1200px)
Glock and AR.jpg
251KB, 1600x1200px
>>885470

I also favor the bug IN and bunker down approach; all your food, shelter, clothes, guns, etc. are in your secure house and leaving that all behind to run off inna woods with just a backpack, is stupid (unless it’s a natural disaster like flooding) and odds are, you'll be dead in a fortnight.

> > Food
> Beans, rice, canned goods, etc are good choices.

Beans and rice require water and heat, both of which may not be available in a disaster.
Ready-to-eat canned food is best.

> > Water
> Store lots of water.

Get a WaterBob, this is a huge sealed plastic bag that fits the bathtub and holds 100 gallons or so, also a home water heater will have 30-50 gallons of water.

> > Fuel
> You're going to need a method of cooking when the power gets shut off.

See above; Save that heat for keeping you warm.

> > Communication
> Figure out some method of staying in touch with family. I can't tell you what the best way is because everyone's situation is different.

This is an important issue; those of us (like myself) who are single, are in for a harder time as they don’t have anybody to help them. On the other hand, those with old or very young family members, are also at a disadvantage.

> A radio to listen to local news is a good start though.

A crank-powered one to save on batteries.

> > Lighting
> Candles, lanterns, batteries, flashlights, lighters & matches, etc.

Yup.

> A device to charge other electronics is useful as well.

A generator is a must, preferably one that produces “clean sine wave” electrical signal for use with modern computers, flat screen TVs, cellphones, etc.

> > Clothing
> If shit goes down during winter, make sure you can actually stay warm. Extra blankets, sweaters, socks, etc. Your house will get cold without power.

Yup again.

> > Protection
> Gun and ammo stockpile. I personally have a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle. Can be used to hunt if things ever get that bad.

Everybody should own a handgun and a rifle.
>>
own a firearm for protection, and start to stock up on food, water, and medical stuff like bandages and maybe any medicine you may need. I would suggest living lowkey too and find some friends who would have your back.
>>
>>885356
This
>>
>>885641
dwight schrute ?
>>
>>885279
thiss
bugging out is dumb if you don't have to
>>
>>885544
You forget about Mr. Rogers?
>pic related
It goes like this: my friend and I want your stuff. I post up on a hillside half a klick away, my friend goes to talk to you while i flag you. You draw down on him, i put a hole in you. Doesn't matter where the hole is, the point is you are distracted enough that my friend relieves you of your pistol. That's the friendliest scenario for you. More likely, i just put a hot one in you from a distance and we collect your no-longer-needed-by-you items from your carcass in a leisurely fashion.
>>
>>887913
That's a whole lot of hit shit talk about a situation that will literally never happen
>>
>>887913

You act as if in a SHTF scenario your friend wouldn't be killed on the spot. Your little plan would fall apart the second he tried to talk to the guy and got a bullet in his head.

What to say some other retard like you doesn't have the exact idea?

You're also acting as if you can even shoot accurately.
>>
>>888099
Seriously. That's some >Teleports behind you "nothing personal kid" level of delusion
>>
File: 1472335884317.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px)
1472335884317.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>885356
/k/ would like to have a talk with you.
>>
>>888108

Crazy how in a SHTF situation you'd leave 90% of those due to weight.

>tfw retards think having more guns makes you safer

I guess you got a lot of firewood, though.
>>
>>888113
Id take the bolt and shotgun.
And keep the ar in my hands.
just did a hike with atleast 30 pounds on my back and looked around the woods.

If it was what I could have before hand the mosin and maybe a handgun in my waist.
you are right though, one think my friends told me a rifle for hunting and a handgun for anything else
>>
>>885522
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_oVFgr3oc
>>
>>885269
>Where do I start
With a positive mental attitude.

Skills. How to provide necessities without using finite resources (batteries, petroleum powered equipment, guns, anything electric)
Having These items is good short term, but they WILL run out, be stolen, or become non functional eventually.
>>
>>885522
Eh. I have a community of minded individuals who are willing help each other because we all believe the same principles. I'll Be staying at home since there is strength in numbers
>>
>>887913
>half a klick away
Entertaining at best.
>>
>>885269
get your asshole lubed and the fan spinning, because for the shit to hit the fan your ass need to get a big nigger cock pounding
>>
What kinda vehicles do you guys keep for when shtf?

I'm thinking that my Toyota truck is the best bet. Easily can go from the road to the woods and back again.

What say you guys? Should I supe up a fox body hatchback instead and become the road warrior instead?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467601555873.jpg (24KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467601555873.jpg
24KB, 480x640px
Alright anon where I started was with a 4x4 an old 79 k5 blazer

Than I built it up so to speak
Put in storage areas for supplies have 3 5 gal gas cans for extra gas

Than I found a area I can get to with out hitting major freeways that is very unpopulated

Than I started doing trial runs on how to get to there without any freeway at all

And finally I started routinly planting vegetables and hunting and fishing

It's a maximum of a 3 hour drive from my home to my area and my area is really hard to get since its a extreme 4x4 trail and there's 2 ways in but 1 way out and both ways come through the same canyon
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.