[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I already own +10 fire steels (strikers) now I want buy jet lighters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 41534664.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
41534664.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
I already own +10 fire steels (strikers) now I want buy jet lighters (dont want BIC).

<----

What kind of turbo lighter do use while you are in the woods?

<------

what kind of jet flame lighter can you recommend?

<----

also: post your lighter while you lit something up
>>
Butane lighters are shit for /out/ unless you live in a hot climate.
>>
>>884804
why?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>885084
When it gets cold, the liquid butane in the lighter has a hard time expanding into a gas. Idk about jet lighters like that, but even Bics have a hard time lighting when they are below freezing so I can't imagine the jets would burn very strong (if at all). You would need to keep the thng in your asscrack in cold weather. Plus a lot of those cheap ones leak and burn fuel really fast so I hope you bring an extra can of butane.
>>
>>885103
I use them in central europe. plus I bring a fire steel for backup.
>>
>>884471
I went through a few $50 calibri lighters before realizing that they just aren't reliable enough to carry for a smoking habit, let alone depending on for survival when a fire can be the difference between life and death. I carry bics. I've never had a bic fail.
>>
File: IMG_20160625_153601.jpg (934KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160625_153601.jpg
934KB, 2048x1536px
My butane lighter kicks butt!
>>
>>885103
Just leave them in your pocket and this is never a problem. I usually use the minipocket in jeans to hold them
>>
File: IMG_20161031_231401215-L.jpg (93KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161031_231401215-L.jpg
93KB, 800x451px
>pic related
Tank of fuel on the sled/bike if I need an accelerant to get shit going.

I can take a spark plug out and make spark with that if shit really gets bad.

Propane torch in the truck. Drilled out the venturi air holes so it works better at high elevations.

Bics work fine at elevation, shove 'em in your armpit for a minute if it's not lighting nicely.

If you carry flares, bag them at least once... I had the bottom plug on a flare come apart in the pack on my sled and it made a huge fucking mess of sawdust and sulfur. Since they started selling them in resealable bags instead of plastic clamshells, that helped... I still roll that bag up in a gallon-ziploc with a couple heavy trash bags, then shove it all in a sleeve I sewed together.
>>
File: DSC_0344_-L.jpg (100KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0344_-L.jpg
100KB, 800x533px
Check the date on them too... these are March 2014, I should probably buy a new 3-pack, keep two of those in my pack, put one in my sled, and retire the ones in my sled pack to the truck.

The ones in the truck I'll pack with me if it's a real cold day.
If it's not an emergency (like we're stopped for lunch or something and just want to get a fire going to warm up) I'll usually let other guys try their equipment first. Lighters, carbide and water, matches, whatever... just to see if they can get a fire going without gasoline. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't.
Cracking off a flare, especially if there's kids in the crew, always gets a good reaction. Surprisingly not a lot of people have ever struck one of those off before.

>Green stuff's a bed for the tinder, so it's not sitting right on the snow
>>
>>885103
i like being able to direct the flame where i want it
if the lighter stays in your pocket, it'll be warm enough to use. even if it lives in your bag, just stick it in your armpit for a minute
>>
>>885950
quit doing dabs in the bathroom and go to bed
>>
File: SD1425.jpg (49KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
SD1425.jpg
49KB, 500x306px
It's like a mecha suit for a wimpy regular lighter.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.