[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello! Is this a good tent? It's within my budget. Costing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 81EyfXs+66L._SL1500_.jpg (296KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81EyfXs+66L._SL1500_.jpg
296KB, 1500x1500px
Hello! Is this a good tent? It's within my budget. Costing a total of £76 GBP. Is there better tents for this price?

>Coleman Cobra 2 Two Person Backpacking Tent
>>
File: Do-not-buy-this-tent.jpg (249KB, 1450x719px) Image search: [Google]
Do-not-buy-this-tent.jpg
249KB, 1450x719px
I bought a Vango Banshee 200 with the same bends in the poles.
They snap if you look at them wrong.
Just so you know.
>>
File: 71xbi3JetlL._SL1440_.jpg (191KB, 1440x1334px) Image search: [Google]
71xbi3JetlL._SL1440_.jpg
191KB, 1440x1334px
Also, I'm trying to achieve the most comfortable sleep system for my conditions which is Scotland.

So far I've concluded -

>Thermal Mat(Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest SOLite Mattress )
>Thermal Mattress(Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xtherm Mattress )
>Winter Sleeping bag(??)
>Pillow(??)
>Bivvy bag(??)

Pic related it's my mattress
>>
Does anyone have any methods for not falling off the mattress while I'm sleeping?

Is the bivvy bag meant to encapsulate your mat/mattress/bag into the bivvy bag so you dont fall off? any tips pls
>>
>>883413
Isnt there a warranty tho?

>>883386
On this tent the poles are Aluminium
>>
>>883420
As long as I'm in my sleeping bag I have little room to move, so I dont. Dunno how you can fall off when in your bag
>>
>>883418
>Pillow(??)

Don't buy a pillow. Make a fleece bag with a drawstring and pack it with clothing at night. Instant comfy pillow that doubles as a stuff sack. Plus, it'll keep your clothes warm overnight so when you wake up in the freezing ass cold, you can immediately put on warm clothes.
>>
>>883418
put you clothes in a bag and use it as a pillow. Youre killing two birds with one stone this way
>>
>>883483
>>883528

Works in a pinch however bags filled with clothes are no where near as comfortable as a inflatable pillow
>>
File: z2.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
z2.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
For a little more you could get a Vango Zenith 200. I love mine.

Pic related, me tent.
>>
>>883538
An inflatable pillow just ends up being more shit to carry. Plus, if it's winter and you're hiking with a down jacket, you have an instant down pillow when you stuff it in a fleece bag.
>>
>>883420

Elastic bands around your sleeping bag and pad would secure you in place. However you may lose some loft if you're using a down sleeping bag. Don't think it would matter much with a synthetic.
>>
>>883418

Get a sea to summit inflatable pillow. Packs small, no weight, maximum comfort.
>>
>>883386

Get a Tera Nova Zephyros 1 tent instead.
>>
>>883418
hello fellow scotfag, where are you buying your kit? I'd really like to start going /out/. I've avoided it for years because I have no friends that are interested, think its time to just say fuck it and do it myself.
>>
>>883418
I use
>Z-lite sol
>Neoair x-therm
>Rab ascent 500
>Sea to summit Thermolite liner
My warmest setup, didnt want to buy an expensive winter sleeping bag so i got the thermolite liner to go with my two season. They do a proper fuck off warm one too, claims +15°C so might be worth looking into. Ive got a rab ascent bivi, but for winter camping i wouldnt use anything but a tent.
Camped once at minus 30 with this setup, just put my belay jacket over the bag around my torso
>>
Get a cheap mesh tent and a good tarp or rainfly. Condensation sucks ass. Your sleeping bag keeps you warm, not the tent. It's really only useful for keeping bugs out and perhaps high wind isn't biting your ass. I only carry a tarp and sometimes hammock unless it's Summer and there's mosquitoes. And I live in Michigan going on 3-5 hunting trips in freezing weather.
>>
>>883565
I mostly buy my stuff from amazon. I'm going to take a look in GoOutDoors soon though to see if theres any bargains on now that the season is over
>>
>>883880
Bruh, there's wet weather in Michigan, and then there's wet weather in the British Isles...I am saying this as a fellow Michigander. He'd be insane rolling with a mesh tent up in the highlands.
>>
>>883538
I disagree, clothing sack is much more comfortable.

>>883418
try both ideas, see which one you prefer.
>>
>>883875
Is it recommended to have a pad and a mattress? I thought it was a one or the other type thing? I was looking at thermarest earlier trying to decide between the zlite sol or prolite. Should I have both? I'm in the northwest US
>>
>>884245
That's what a rain fly or tarp is for. I only carry a 4 season tent when it's windy. I went hunting last Winter with nothing but a rain fly and ground sheet in Luce County.
>>
>>884301
I'd also like to know what people think of this. From what ive seen a lot of people seem to be using two mats, one inflatable and the other a roll mat or folding so they can sit on it when outside. Also people say the rolled/foldable(sol) mat is used to protect the inflatable. Anyone got experience?
>>
>>884301
>>884822
The foam mats/pads insulate from the cold Earth a lot better than most air mattresses which provide very little insulation from the cold ground. Foam mats usually aren't as comfortable as air mattresses, so in cold temperatures some people use both.
>>
>>884835
this is incorrect.the warmest mats on the market are inflatables. however, youre correct that winter campers will often take 2 mats in case of one failing.
>>
File: non-slip-rubber-mat.jpg (147KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
non-slip-rubber-mat.jpg
147KB, 1024x1024px
>>883420
Get some of that non-slip matting (like pic related), lay that down between sleeping back and mat. Also really handy if you're sleeping on sloping ground, stops you sliding off the end.
>>
>>883386
>>883539
I also have the Zenith 200 -- it's the same price as your budget (on outdooraction).
It's single pole which doesn't have a weird bend in it, would recommend.

As a britfag I use pricespy to buy most of my gear, it works wonders
>>
>>884842
I bought this shit called a "moon man" made of industrial ear plug waste material at a shitty festival because my tent was hot and muggy AF and I slept on a muddy rocky hill comfortably. It doesn't really get cold or wet either
>>
File: 1476925689969.png (879KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476925689969.png
879KB, 1080x1080px
>>885578
Moonman you say?
>>
>>883386
If you can, go for a self standing tent. Never expect the terrain to work with you but against you
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.