[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start an environmental organization for native plants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

I want to start an environmental organization for native plants and animals but it seems totally pointless in America, even though it's needed, because Americans don't care about or hate nature or just think it's something to destroy for their amusement. Am I right? Is it a waste of time to even bother unless I fund it all myself?
>>
>>883133
Join your local extention and help remove invasive plants/ fundraise instead of posting memes about a bunch of mouthwash drinkers.
>>
>>883135
I already do that. I want to do way more. But to do what I want requires a lot of money I don't have. And I'm not feeling optimistic about securing donations, given how anti-nature America is.
>>
>>883135

>help remove invasive people/ fundraise instead of posting memes about a bunch of mouthwash drinkers.
>>
>>883145
I wish.
>>
>>883133
all enviormental organizations in the US eventually sell out and join forces with the Democrat establishment.
>>
>>883153
This is the shit I'm talking about right here. If you weren't a total retard, you'd know that all of them eventually sell out to anthropocentric interests. Yellowstone is basically a wholly-owned subsidiary of cattle ranchers and almost all others exist solely for human recreational purposes.

Not really proving me wrong with these posts, people.
>>
Sadly, not much can be done that really helps. It would basically mean buying land and removing human influence until there isn't any left. You would then have to patrol and fence it in to prevent human activity. Then you would have to pay property tax. Suddenly letting loggers, hunters or tourists in looks kind of ok.

Thats what happens in Germany at least, human activity everywhere.
>>
>>883133
Same here, my goal would be to have a massive wilderness of non montane deciduous forest on the east coast.
>>
Hunters find a nicw patch of forest and hunt it dry, then tourists go there and mess with it, after comes the loggers to make space for the businesses that build on the woodland and then more touruats come, attracting more businesses.
>>
>>883153
Only because of the chips in thier heads.
>>
>>883153
True, and Democrats policies destroy the environment even when they think they are being nice

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/25/sanctuary-city-illegal-immigrant-sparks-61-million/
>>
>>883191
>Sadly, not much can be done that really helps. It would basically mean buying land and removing human influence until there isn't any left.
Exactly. And I don't have the cash to do this or I would.

>You would then have to patrol and fence it in to prevent human activity.
That's the easy part. The hard part is having enough cash to afford the land to begin with. Buildings (nature center, warehouses/utility sheds, etc.) would be the next major expense that's outside my current budget. And then of course any animals that would have to be bought would be a much cheaper consideration.

>Then you would have to pay property tax
That's not a big issue, especially if a non-profit owns the land. Then it's a non-issue.

>Suddenly letting loggers, hunters or tourists in looks kind of ok.
Not to me. But yeah, I know greed is why people do this.

>Thats what happens in Germany at least, human activity everywhere.
That's what happens everywhere.

>>883203
That's very close to my goal, but I wouldn't want to do it on the coast exactly.

>>883286
Yes yes, it's those conservatives that are so great for nature. I don't know why I ever ask anything on a site that's almost exclusively White male sociopaths. I should know better by now. Why does the right do absolutely nothing but lie all the time?
>>
The only solution is to move farther /out/.

Right now I'm thinking Argentina.
>>
>>883316
No. American wildlife needs protection from Americans. I'm sure some other areas would be better for making this happen, but honestly all parts of the planet need protection. There is no place on Earth that isn't severely threatened by humans right now.
>>
>>883318
>no place on Earth that isn't severely threatened by humans right now.
Are you really as stupid as you sound?
>>
>>883327
>There is a place on Earth safe from humans
K. Keep me posted.
>>
>Warming causes cooling folks

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2110499-super-cold-winters-in-the-uk-and-us-are-due-to-arctic-warming/
>>
>>883343
>This is related to my thread somehow
Congratulations on being so buttflustered you posted something irrelevant.
>>
>>883314
About all I got out of your post us that you are racist
>>
>>883328
Try wandering beyond your urban jungle to actual /out/
There are many places on earth that remain unscathed.
>>
>>883352
You have no idea what you're talking about. You may as well be on /pol/ talking about "muh yard signs". Anecdotes from your pea brained perspective do not constitute factual reality.
>>
>>883344

Only retards are environmentalists my angry friend

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/10/26/americans-scared-clowns-climate-change/
>>
>>883398
>Only retards are environmentalists
Dropped.
>>
>>883415
In your heart you know it's true
>>
>>883133
>https://www.unitedplantsavers.org/
Sorry bro you are not as original as you think. If you really cared about this idea you would already know about this organization. I've been active for years. You kind of pissed me off. Fucker.
>>
File: 1471724972631.jpg (1MB, 1285x1490px) Image search: [Google]
1471724972631.jpg
1MB, 1285x1490px
>>883318
>There is no place on Earth that isn't severely threatened by humans right now.
>>
>>883133
You can both raise money and awareness by using parts of dead native fauna to sell. Bone jewelry, skull carving, dried plants etc. Sell it on Etsy or some shit. Make bank
>>
>>884364
Shoot a bald eagle and you can sell each part for buku dosh. Hipsters love that shit. Should net you over $6,000 at current rates
>>
>>884361
Global warming threatens the entire earth. Just because those green blocks are uninhabited doesn't mean they have no human influence.
>>
Everyone in this thread apparently has no idea about the Endangered Species Act and the field of conservation biology.
Honestly, OP, the most helpful thing you can do is lobby if you have money. I think it's somewhere around 85% of the funding that's aimed at conserving threatened species in the US goes to 15% of listed species, most of those being fish of economic value.
There are lots of unique species of trees, flowering plants, insects, etc. around the US, but the main argument towards conserving these is that they are inherently valuable. Contrastingly, salmons are an important commercial good, beasts like bighorn sheep are popular with hunters, and bald eagles are iconic.

Everyone in this thread saying there are untouched areas in nature in the developed world are wrong for the most part. Human impact might not be noticeable, but it's there, and has been for at least a hundred years in the American's case.
>>
I love nature but I despise the insufferable liberal retards that come with being apart of ecommunities.
endly communities

If you're in the USA your club thing has a higher chance of success on the coastal areas
>>
>>884686
Phone posting here. *Eco-friendly communities.

You want to contribute more then you need to do the hardest part.... Become a salesman and pitch people on why they should give a fuck about your cause.

Also of you think the USA is the only place where fuck sticks don't respect nature you have never traveled to any other industrialized nation.
>>
File: machineworld.jpg (357KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
machineworld.jpg
357KB, 1920x1200px
>>883133

Evolution produces biological intelligence sufficient to create their own mechanical successors. The natural environment supplies the raw resources necessary to do that.

Once we create machines capable of self-replicating from raw materials and sunlight, we will no longer need Earth or any similarly warm, wet planets. Space will be our natural habitat.

Trying to save the environment is like a butterfly staying inside the cocoon for fear of destroying it upon hatching.
>>
>>883352

There is no place on earth right now that is not "Wilderness", primeval land has not existed since the first humans crossed the land bridge. The thing I love most about /out/ is how philosophical it can get about what is /out/, what is natural, and what is wilderness.
>>
>>883133
Get fucked hippie scum

They cancelled the construction of a bridge in my area to save a shitty canyon, and now there are traffic backups every day. Hippies don't care about nature, or anything, except drugs. Environmentalism is just a communist plot to sabotage industry and corporations.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.