[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna get a pair of boots. Are there any particular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: hi-tec-leather-boot.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
hi-tec-leather-boot.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
I'm gonna get a pair of boots.

Are there any particular brands you've had a good experience with or would advise against?

Also I live in Ireland so mainly damp and wet climate. With that said - leather or synthetics?
>>
holy shit

boots are boots

They are disposable consumables. Different boots made differently with different lasts will fit different people and their different feet differently.

Find one that works for you.

Don't expect anon to tell you what works for you
>>
File: IMG_20160103_154727-1.jpg (529KB, 2048x1295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_154727-1.jpg
529KB, 2048x1295px
>>881521
OP, you specifcally want these boots in 10.5 UK.

They will work for you.
>>
>>881540

How do you know a boot works for you before you even buy it?
>>
I'm very particular to Keen boots. Price point is mid-range at $125-ish. Very durable. Just remember like with all hiking boots to replace the inserts. They're all pretty much standard cardboard cutouts that will kill your feet after a few miles. Get some nice gel inserts for $10 and save yourself the foot pain.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
LL bean been wearing mine everyday for a year still in almost perfect condition I'm homeless and ride trains so they do go through a lot of wear and tear and wet conditions
>>
>>881569
> homeless
All opinions, posts and advice to be disregarded.
>>
>>881550
Oboz inserts are a notable exceptions. They're hardcore. They also design the fit of the boot with their inserts in mind.
>>
File: muh Patagonia.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
muh Patagonia.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I have pic related
>>
>>881521
Get as lightweight of a pair ad you can find, preferably with a wide toebox and a sole that flexes before you break then in.

I don't k ow of a model or brand like this, besides maybe merrel. If anyone can help me find minimalist/barefoot style boots that are still somewhat rugged I would appreciate it
>>
>>881521
Asolo, L.L. Bean, Redwing all make great boots.
>>
>>881521
I like boots that can be resoled. Danner and Hanwag are my preference.
For boots that can't be resoled, L.L. Bean is a good recomendation.
I've also had good experience with Salomon, but most of their boots have a lot of seams, which isn't desirable from a durability standpoint. Even though they will need to be replaced once the sole is worn out, the seams may fail before you get to that point. Comfy, light and good stability though.
>>
>>881521
Danner
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 960x720px
>>881521
Salomon masterrace reporting
>>
>>881544
you try them on, walk around the store. not that fucking hard.
>>
>>881521
I'll advise AGAINST Hi-tec, as in your picture. I briefly owned a pair from them and the sole began comming of in less than a month. Could have been a stand-alone example, but I'm scared away from that brand now.

I DO recommend Hanwag. My girlfriend has a pair from them and they seem great. Also have two friends who have had Hanwag boots for many years of active use without them breaking.
>>
>>883274

mah nigger, just got my second pair of salomons to replace my first which lasted 2 years. feels like youre walking on big, american titties.
>>
File: boott.jpg (218KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
boott.jpg
218KB, 1500x1500px
>>881521
>every fucking time "what boot should I get?"
USGI Jungle Boot mother fucker
>EVERY TIME
>>
File: IMG_5446-1200x900.jpg (481KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5446-1200x900.jpg
481KB, 1200x900px
Love my Keen Durands.

Waterproof, lightweight, nice roomy toebox, the most comfortable boots ive owned. Good amount of ground-feel through the sole without being too thin too. I live in the lake district so hike a lot of rocky terrain. Would recommend.
>>
>>883481
Weird, I've had the same Hi-tecs for about 5 years now.
>>
>>883532
lol, pack 12 pair of woolies and bring some moleskin faggot
>>
>>883481
>>883540
Hi-tec is kind of known for being cheap in both senses of the word, so I usually avoid them. Their Altitude leather boots had good reviews though, and I needed new boots right away, so I tried them. 3 years later I'm still happy.
>>
>>881596
That's not very nice
>>
>>883498
Sure am.
>>
>>883379

Yes walking around in a store for a few minutes is like walking around on a mountain for a few days
>>
How long have you had them? I didn't think Keens would last very long.
>>
>>883944
It's a starting point - there are a number of issues you can identify straight away and if the store is worth its shit the staff will be able to help you look for other issues.
>>
File: New Balance 978GT.jpg (153KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
New Balance 978GT.jpg
153KB, 1000x705px
>>881521
>Are there any particular brands you've had a good experience with or would advise against?

IMO, you can't go wrong with Merrells and New Balance.

>Also I live in Ireland so mainly damp and wet climate. With that said - leather or synthetics?

Then GoreTex is a must. Having cold wet feet sucks.
>>
Lowa boots for me

What is your price range and thermal need?
>>
>>884076
this

Merrell.

http://trailheadpaddleshack.ca/store/merrell-chameleon-thermo-6-waterproof-mens/dp/50524
>>
>>881540
>boots are consumables
If you weren't a poor faggot and bought some expensive boots for a change you'd see that they can last as long as your dog even.
>>
Have a pair of Columbia boots that were about $70. They have held up well for about 3 years of moderate use. Don't know how well they would work for hardcore hikers.
>>
File: IMG_0725.jpg (22KB, 360x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0725.jpg
22KB, 360x223px
>>884076
>>884448
Bought pic related 2 years ago. Love'em. Changed the inserts and never looked back. Would definitely and will definitely buy again.
>>
>>881569
Do everyone a favor and end your vagrant life.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.