[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I'm planning to start /out/ting, but my gear is not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20161022_150010.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_150010.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ok so I'm planning to start /out/ting, but my gear is not the best. Considering I have a backpack, a decent knife and nice boots, what equipment should I get first? I would mainly go to the woods like pic related. Nothing too hc, maybe like 1 night things to start of with.
>>
>>881043
Probably a sleeping bag. And a way to carry and purify water
>>
Remember.

Shelter, water, food.

Oh, and you want to make sure you don't get lost.
>>
How big is your pack?
Do you have a sleeping pad/bag/tent?
Does it rain a lot where you're going? If so, you might want to invest in a backpack cover to keep your shit dry
Do you have a small stove and cookware?
Do you have a map of the area/compass?
Do you have a small trowel?
Do you have water purification (boiling/iodine/filters)?
Do you have appropriate clothing for the temperature? Remember that a night spent too cold to sleep will be the most miserable night of your life
>>
Rope or some kind
Backpacking stove (can be bought on Amazon for 6 bucks
Tarp
Tent
Sleeping bag
Sleeping pad or air mattress
Folding saw
Small shovel
Maps of your area
Books on foraging for food/plant I. D.
Compass
Fire steel
Cooking pot
Water bottle
Headlamp(way better than a flashlight)

It all depends on what you want to do. That's a decent list of things many people bring on overnight trips.
>>
>>881374
>headlamp
I have a little solar inflatable lantern that I keep on the top of my pack to charge during my hike and then use at night
Shit's great for midnight piss trips
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (24KB, 364x609px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
24KB, 364x609px
>>881381
you know whats better for midnight piss trips?

Get yourself a collapsible water bottle that has a wide mouth for your cock to fit in.

You won't have to get out of your sleeping bag all the way, let alone your tent to go piss in the middle of the night. Best $8 Ive ever spent in my life.
>>
>>881384
>tfw a warm piss bottle in your sleeping bag on cold nights
>>
>>881374
OP here. I do have rope, and I forgot to mention I have a sleeping bag wich is not the warmest so I might be getting a new one. I have a thin air matress as well, it should do its job.
So I should probably be looking for a cooking station of some sort, a tarp and a tent?
>>
>>881427
Unless you plan on setting up a basecamp or something I don't think that you're going to need both a tarp and a tent - one should be fine. Tent is more user-friendly and comfortable, tarp is generally lighter and for spergs like me is preferable because I like to play around with different ways of setting it up.

If you're having a fire going anyways, then a simple pot around 1 ltr. and then a spoon and a mug/cup is all you need for cooking. Otherwise spirit burners are your cheapest option while a gas burner is the more user-friendly.

I could post a minor novel obout clooting and layering, but if you allready have a decent pair of boots then I would say some sort of outdoor pants is the best you could invest in - basically just any pant that is designed for outdoor use will do.
Remember rain clothes
>>
As for the water bottle, I don't think I need anything fancy. I'll just take a few empty bottles from a soft drink and fill it up with tap water when im leaving. Of course I will need more than that to stay alive, so I should probably choose some place that has a water source nearby and get something to purify it. Can I just cook it? Does that work?
>>
>>881430
Yeah I was thinking the same, why would I need a tarp and a tent? Might go with a tarp just for the fun of it, but I would have to make sure it doesn't rain that weekend, just to be safe. As for the cooking goes, I've used trangia a couple of times and it seems really good and user friendly, maybe I should invest into that?
>>
>>881431
Get a nalgene or something similar. You don't want to reuse soft drink bottles, they are not meant for multiple reuses and will leak plastic chemicals into your water if too cold or hot or with too much reuse. Boiling water will work for killing most bacteria and vaporizing some chemicals but it will not remove solids, you'll want some kind of filter before you boil it. Also when you get the water from your source, let it settle in whatever container and then filter it, then boil it. This is an easy way to get mostly safe water. But remember that the boiling point of water will increase as your altitude increases so adjust for that if you're hiking/backpacking in high altitudes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.