[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good book recommendations on survival after a SHTF situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: SHTF.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SHTF.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
Any good book recommendations on survival after a SHTF situation? Like how to grow food, scavenge, etc.
>>
Lofty's SAS Survival Guide is pretty good. It's a bit big to carry around with you for emergencies as it's more of a reference. Not every day you're going to need desert survival right after winter survival, or know how to deliver a child. I don't think it's got much about growing food but it's got a lot about foraging.
>>
>>877783
>SHTF situation
>growing food

One does not "grow food" in a SHTF situation. You do that long after it is over. The best you can hope for is growing sprouts since that only takes a few days.
>>
>>877804

Yeah I know, but ideally I'd like to survive long after the initial fan-hitting.
>>
>>877806
Then go to >>869877 and learn how to farm right now.
>>
>>877808

I asked for books, not threads. I'm sure an author would be able to explain it better than a poster.
>>
>>877793
There is pocket books of this sort that you can have in your backpack.
>>
>>877813
There's a link in the OP of that thread that has a torrent for over 400 farming and gardening books. Just search that sort of torrent and you should an alternative.

>>877813
>I'm sure an author would be able to explain it better than a poster.

Highly doubtful unless you are corresponding with an author. Not only that but authors tend to be highly biased for "their method".
>>
A friend has some really old books on all sorts of things.
Some of the cooking books actually say things like "after the cooking fire has turned to coals after 2 hours..."
Those are what you want. Damn near Amish instruction booklets.
Having "Time-Life woodworking" books is kind of pointless when you don't have power tools, nails, screws or even modern lumber.

I'll be king of my county since I know how to build pic related.
>>
>>877783
get FM 21-76
>>
>>877783
i liked the page on facebook "the prepared page" and they post limited time free kindle books on that shit all the time. I have things from making cheese from scratch, to raising goats, farming, BOBs, nuclear attack strategy, etc. Tons of prepper books that they post all the time. I have more than I'll ever read. but fuck it, it's free, and I can store something like 10,000 books on my kindle, and it's a paperwhite, so a battery lasts about a month of moderate use.
>>
>>877783
http://www.happypreppers.com/Books.html
That ought to get you started. By the way, you could have saved time by googling "prepper books" and scrolling through the results. Hell, you still can.
>>
>>878713
>nuclear attack strategy

Don't get attacked in a nuclear fasion. Thats about as strategic as it gets.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.