[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about buying a new pocket knife, what would you recommend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Thinking about buying a new pocket knife, what would you recommend? Pic related is the one I use. Tiny as shit
>>
>>876427
Folder? How much do you want to spend? Do you want a multitool or just a knife?

If just a knife, there is also the option of straight knives. Ever since I got that little CRKT, I don't think I will go back to a folder.
>>
>>876427
Crkt m16. Whichever one is nonserrated drop point. No tanto garbage.
>>
>>876427
What are you going to use it for? That's how you select the tool, by what job it needs to be doing.
>>
>>876430
>>876436
Probably around $30-40 or something. Looking for a multi tool
>>876432
Thank you for the suggestion
>>
>>876440
>Looking for a multi tool

What are you going to use it for? That's how you select the tool, by what job it needs to be doing.
>>
File: IMG_9186.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_9186.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>876440
Leatherman is the way to go if you don't want another SAK. Only problem is a lot of them are more expensive but you might be able to find a sale on something. Looks like the Wave is a full sized one for around $40.

I have the Skeletool, which normally runs around $60. Doesn't have as many tools though, only pliers, a locking knife, and a screwdriver but I wanted it specifically for fishing so it works well.

Gerber and SOG both have Leatherman style tools for slightly cheaper. I think the Gerber Paraframe is only around $30.
>>
File: IMG_0415.png (179KB, 640x1136px)
IMG_0415.png
179KB, 640x1136px
>>876481
>>876440
These are a little bulky compared to lots of the Leathermans but they aren't bad for the price considering tiny Gerber Dimes are like $25.
>>
>>876432
i have one of those, got the serrated one on sale sadly instead of the smooth blade... BE WARNED the steel is not that great it doesn't really hold an edge that long but it's a good carry knife
>>
if you wanted a pocket knife, you'd get an opinel No. 8 or 9. If you want a multitool, leatherman.
>>
File: ATT_Ham-FTR.jpg (234KB, 1240x775px)
ATT_Ham-FTR.jpg
234KB, 1240x775px
I use this one. Nice and sharp
>>
What's the intended use?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.