[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously considering moving out to the boonies in a northern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Seriously considering moving out to the boonies in a northern state for the winter. Close to a tiny one-store town. It will be a wood stove cabin, and since my car doesn't have 4-wheel drive I'll be snowed in often. I've camped before in the winter, and I'm no stranger to brutal conditions, but I'm female and I'll probably be living alone. I will have a rifle or a shotgun, I'll get a couple of dogs, and I'm seeing about rounding up roommates. What do I need to know?
>>
>>875278
>what do I need to know
How large a cord of wood is and how much it will take to keep from freezing to death for 4 months.
>>
>>875278
Learn how to not be a dumb cunt first then kys
>>
>>875453
quality posts on /out/
>>
>>875278
>I'm female
>>875278

are you attractive ?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2592x1936px
Assume it will be physically and mentally challenging. Sure you probably can survive it. I would say it mostly comes down to whether you are really into it once you get there or if it just seemed like a good idea before having to deal with the reality
>>
>>875278
Currently working on trading my car for one with 4-wheel drive. Need to drive out to town to find jobs etc. Considering logistics of getting 7 cords of wood and adding rocks as heat capacitors inside it. I'll be looking at this cabin in 4 weeks, but until then I gotta assume the worst. If it's drafty as hell, how do I fix it? How do I retain heat inside at night without it all going up the flue?
>>
File: InVfTkL.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px)
InVfTkL.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>875278
buckshot for methheads, brenneke slugs for bears
>>
>>875278
Tits or gtfo
>>
File: mfw.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
>>875278
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting
>>
>>875278
Come up to northern MN and hmu, we can rent a cozy place up in Strathcona, Deer River, Grygla or Hill City. I'll bring home beaver and you skin them, cook them and then we lay under the pelts until morning when we repeat the process.
>>
File: acrylic-latex-caulk.JPG.cf.jpg (26KB, 533x399px) Image search: [Google]
acrylic-latex-caulk.JPG.cf.jpg
26KB, 533x399px
>>875753
>>
>>875278

You seem unprepared. You should have been wondering about these things back in June. Winter is right around the corner, you should have most of this shit figured out at this point.

I'd try for next winter, or go somewhere a little less remote.
>>
Don't move to a place where you get snowed in without 4wd & a snow mobile. Just a bad move imho
>>
Hey, on a positive note, the winters in northern MN haven't been that bad the past few years, so if you're doing this shit here you probably won't get snowed in too bad.

Though we had two months straight of constant below 0 temps a couple years ago. My car was broken so I ended up walking and skiing everywhere, if you know how to layer and have the rights clothes it wasn't bad.
>>
>>875278
This goes for you and other anons thinking similar things.
>LAYERING LAYERING LAYERING
Learn how to insulate your home and body, as well as store food and firewood. It's much too late for this shit now, especially if you want to move in for THIS winter. Learn some basic skills like:
>Building fire
>Fixing a car, snow mobile, and ATV
>How to kill and skin different game
>Trapping
>Farming basic vegetables
>Making food from scratch
>Making tools from scratch
>Loading your own bullets
>Basic carpentry and masonry
>Basic first aid to save your own life if no one else is around
Also buy shit loads of books. Think of the most boring situation ever, and how you would realistically spend your time.

TL;DR
Learn more about not dying, get your tools ready and purchased over the next 9 months, buy a fucking 4wd vehicle, and try your luck again in early spring.

P.S. Consider somewhere rainy and cold instead of snowy and cold.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.