[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if I just took a bag of soilent with me when I went backpacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 13

File: soylent-0.jpg (349KB, 650x836px) Image search: [Google]
soylent-0.jpg
349KB, 650x836px
What if I just took a bag of soilent with me when I went backpacking instead of a stove and pans and food and all that jive?
What am I missing here?
Does it have to be refrigerated?
>>
>>873251
Depends, is it the red or green type?
>>
I think the main issue would be water weight? If you took some powder with you and just re-hydrated that I don't think refrigeration is a problem. Just make sure you have some way to ensure water purification if you haven't already.
That said, apparently the stuff is not so great for the enjoyment of food. So obviously some snacks are a must.
>>
File: 1209091427_05524.gif (170KB, 550x538px) Image search: [Google]
1209091427_05524.gif
170KB, 550x538px
>>873267
water wieght?
>>
>>873267
>not so great for the enjoyment of food
When I am on the trail, food is just fuel anyway.
>>
>>873313
then you want bacon.
nothing gives you as much fuel per kg as fat.
>>
>>873329
I think soylent is pretty high in fat actually, also you can make your own as well am add lots of fat to it.
>>
>>873294
Is this as redundant as I think it is?
>>
>>873251
If you don't eat it regularly already, be careful going /out/ for a week with only that shit to eat. I know it's supposed to cover everything but sudden changes in diet can really upset your stomach. I would bring some snacks too because you will probably be craving something sweet or salty after a long day hiking and just to boost morale.

>tfw some reasonable advice from Pepsi
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NCigh54jg

enjoy your contaminated soylent
take a look at their old production facility

i would also make my own
>>
>>873375
i think soylent is just perfect
for prison food

they should make it a lot cheaper tho because it costs twice what similiar nutritional products made for sick people.
>>
>designed for man physically active 30-60 minutes a day
Yeah nah. If you're doing more than that daily at the camp (and you fuckin better be if you're camping) you'll lose weight and probably be hungry. So bring extra and lots of snacks.
>>
>>873389
Did you see the Vice thing on it? Apparently it's just a bunch of common chemicals. I would be down if they served it to prisoners. Sheriff Joe would do it, send some Soylent his way.
>>
>>873410
they can't accuse you of prisoner malnutrition for sure. and if the felons don't like the taste it's their problem. it could be made well under a dollar per capita per day i think. the prisoners could even have personalized configurations out of a machine that blends it based on their id for maximum efficiency (no human needed to serve the food).
>>
>>873415
>tfw open source
So they could easily just mix it up and manufacture it themselves for dirt cheap, right? It's FDA approved but there would probably have to be some testing before they feed this to prisoners 100% of the time otherwise the SJW's would be up in arms.
>>
File: IMG_0347.png (151KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0347.png
151KB, 640x1136px
>>873389
That is fucked up. When I saw the documentary, I assumed the stuff was dirt cheap. I imagine if a real company started making the stuff and produced enough to feed prisoners against the country, it would be dirt cheap.
>>
>>873421
>but there would probably have to be some testing before they feed this to prisoners
they used to test this kind of shit on prisoners in the past tho...
>>
Honestly, I'm pretty fucking tempted to buy the 7 bag deal, just to have a week worth of powdered nutrition on hand at all times.

Also, this is so fucking cyberpunk.
>>
>>873424
costs about a dollar a day realistically for civilian consumption quality and nice packaging.
in bulk made of less choice materials for prisoners it would be under it.

soylent is currently i think $7.8 per day (2000 kcal) that is awfully fucking expensive.
>>
>>873432
also the next step in soylent like nutrition should be menus.
basically a little bit different composition for each day of the week.
because certain nutrients and vitamins and trace minerals just don't play along well with each other block each others absorption or deplete the other. so a single formula for every day is not actually efficient despite what the zuckerberg wannabe thinks.
>>
>>873439
>tfw buffalo chicken flavored soylent Tuesdays

Just give the plain shit to prisoners along with some Slim Jims, Funions, and mayo packets and they will come up with a way to make a meal from it.
>>
>>873251
It needs to be refrigerated after mixing. So only mix what you will consume.

Soylent is fucking great, I've survived off it for two weeks out. It was about 90% of my diet.

A single bag is a days worth of meal. It needs 2:1 water to mix, but you can probably mix it with a little over 1:1 as long as its not too sludgy. That in mind, if you go through a bag per day, its also about a quarter of your water intake for the day.
You're not wasting water on it.

You can always add flavor to it.
>>873410
That VICE doc is old, they are making it in better environment.
>>
>>873463
>I've survived off it for two weeks out
How much did that weigh?
>>
>>873483
5lb. Each bag is 16oz, and is a 2000 calories. I ate half of what I should have. The rest was supplemented with beer, and trailmix.
I only bought 7 bags, I was gonna stretch that out to 14 days, but ended up using a lot less.
>>
>>873485
Did you lose weight ?
>>
>>873485
How much weight did you lose?
>>
>>873487
>>873488
10lb or so. Nothing physically noticeable. I think all the beer I drank kept me even.
I worked like 12-8 hours a day, and partied the rest. 6 hours of sleep each day or less. Stayed awake for 50 hours on the first weekend. thanks to DOC.
working vacation type of thing. you dont eat much in these situation
>>
>>873251
Enjoy your blitz poops. I hear the soylent bars also give you the power to projectile vomit. Pretty cool stuff!
>>
>>873496
I pooped once every 3 days or so. mostly liquid beer shits
>>
File: tumblr_mt6ip986Jw1rhybgso1_250.gif (93KB, 250x156px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt6ip986Jw1rhybgso1_250.gif
93KB, 250x156px
>>873500
That doesn't necessarily sound very pleasant.

BTW, Have you made this thread before? I talked about this very same thing on this very same board about 6 months ago.

It was a civil conversation, which judging by your general tone, this is as well. That stood out to me in the sea of general edginess that is the chins.
>>
>>873501
Have you ever drank nothing but beer for a whole weekend? no solid food? you piss our your ass.

Soylent has a lot of protein, and fiber. It gives you solid poops, albeit twice a week or so.
>>
>>873501
I did not make a thread about Soylent that I recall, but I talk about it whenever it comes up.
>>
File: tumblr_mpoiw0olxc1qk4934o1_500.png (254KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpoiw0olxc1qk4934o1_500.png
254KB, 500x375px
>>873504
>>873505

Thanks for the info famalam.

My beer drinking has always been supplemented by equally heavy meals (schweinzhaxe, schnitzel, that sort of fare) so usually my butt is in pretty good shape...

Soylent seems sorta cool and cyberpunky, but I eat for pleasure as much as for nutrition, so i don't think it be a product i would go for.
>>
>>873507
>Soylent seems sorta cool and cyberpunky, but I eat for pleasure as much as for nutrition, so i don't think it be a product i would go for.

Yeah, there is always something nice about cooking a meal, but when you dont have the ability, or the will to bring in cooking equipment, start a fire, or have a stove, or cooler full of perishables, Soylent is an excellent alternative.
>>
>>873507
Watch the Vice documentary on it. It's probably <25min without commercials. Dude eats only Soylent for a month and he talks to the nerd who owns the company and shows how it's made. It was interesting. And at the end of it, dude who had been eating Soylent for a month basically says the same thing you mentioned- he missed going out to lunch with friends and stuff the most.
>>
>>873513
>>873507
https://youtu.be/t8NCigh54jg
>>
>>873513
>>873515
As I've said before, that's an old documantory. The conditions in which the product is made has changed, and Soylent has been reformulated a few times since.
Less flatulence, no oil bottle, different source of protein, and a much better consistency
I own ver 1.4, its the only one I ever tried. Went through about 21 packets in the last two years. Only use it for outdoor stuff. Not having to portage with a cooler full of food is fucking amazing.
>>
Going /out/ is about enjoying yourself, not trying to validate some lightweight meme for people on the internet. Carry what you feel you want and need and feel comfortable carrying.

If you want to be an elitist fag, just go on Reddit or somewhere else where people can upvote/downvote you.
>>
>>873518
i don't get it... soylent is meant to be a complete nutrition solution. that's not something you actually need on a hike. you could bring snickers and water and be fine for a couple of days.
>>
File: 130416-its-huge2.jpg (191KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
130416-its-huge2.jpg
191KB, 1080x720px
>>873494
>Stayed awake for 50 hours on the first weekend. thanks to DOC.

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>873527
>you could bring snickers and water and be fine for a couple of days.
Thats a lot of snickers
>>
I like the product but soylent is far from a comfort food, and I think you'd be happier and feel more full with actual food while /out/. Even after getting my needed calories with soylent I still crave something delicious. It's better to have options in your pack.
>>
>>873528
no, 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine

Its being passed up as an acid analogue these days, but if you know what you are doing, shit gives you intense visuals for 14-48 hours, and keeps you awake that long as well.
One of the most intense visual experience I've ever had was on this stuff.
>>
>>873527
a half day single day hike trail mix, and jerky is more than enough.
>>
>>873529
you need about 2 per day to keep moving in an extreme situation. it would stave off the roughest effects of starvation. you would actually need 7 bars a day for complete calories. that's 6 pounds for a week lol.
>>
>>873536
>b-but what if I'm put in a survival situation and I'm a 30 minute walk from the closest road or Ranger station?? HOW WILL I SURVIVE I NEED TO BE LIGHTWEIGHT AND CARRY LOTS OF FOOD
>>
>>873537
>eating that much sugar
>>
>>873415
you can only take so much away from prisoners, man. lol
>>
>>873547
hey at least you are not making soylent out of them.
that's gotta count.
>>
>>873544
not that much carb calories in snickers much more fats actually.
>>
>>873547
Prisoners are forced to eat Nutraloaf. While it kinda looks good to me, I wouldnt want to eat this shit for more than a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow76N2Ra-4U
>>
>>873568
I remember hearing about that, but it is only as punishment when they fuck up even worse and can't be trusted with bologna sandwiches.
>>
>>873375
Fucking disgusting. Rats in the factory, mold in the product. Considered a supplement by the FDA means fuck the consumer
>>
>>873421
Not FDA approved , it's a supplement which is not under the jurisdiction of any governing body
>>
>>873588
The wikipedia article is retarded then. The "supplement" status is pretty sketchy, it just seems to mean the product isn't known to contain any horribly toxic chemicals in large amounts.
>>
>>873587
>>873588
>>873590

Old Video.

Not a food product, therefore a supplement. If the FDA gets their hands on that shit the price would triple. Making shit in a food safe environment is hella expensive. Their production would need to go up 5 fold to just to compensate for the extra expense by being food grade.
>>
>>873595

I don't care what you say I'd never consume a powdered supplement made under dubious conditions. What am I just supposed to believe their assertions that its better now? The supplement industry is notorious for straight up lying and misleading about the contents of their products. They'd be stupid not to since nobody monitors them whatsoever
>>
>>873601
I bet you dont eat street food when traveling either.
Grow a pair anon, stop being so risk averse
>>
>>873601
Never heard of anyone getting sick from Soylent.
More people get sick from cross contamination at food factories, and each one of us has an abundance of nickle, and other metals in our bodies because all food is made comes in contact with stainless steel.
>>
>>873361
>I know it's supposed to cover everything but sudden changes in diet can really upset your stomach.

100% this.

Always change your diet a full week before you are camping/hiking. Then you never have any trouble at all.

>>873251
People are stupid for eathign shit like this. You body actually needs the normal food because the body needs to mechanically process the food in the various stages. You can't just rely on chemically processing a nutrient drink. Everything from physically chewing to excretion is an important health function to keep various systems properly functioning.
>>
>>873251
>>873463
Re: Soylent needing to be refrigerated

I don't think they put ANY preservatives in that shit (I think I tried v4 btw). I had some sitting in the fridge for like 5-6 days and came back to see black spots in it. I'd be wary of taking it camping if you're gonna be gone more than a couple days in case the stuff accidentally gets wet... maybe separate out the portions ahead of time and bag them individually in something airtight? I'd be extra careful about following food safety guidelines too; if you mix it, use within 2 hours or throw it out.
>>
>>873601 >>873595 >>873588
>>873590 >>873587 >>873375
Uhhhh I'm pretty sure supplement places still need to ensure their facilities are clean and sanitary. Being a supplement just means they can make retarded claims about what their product does, and that they don't have to make sure whatever substance that's in the product isn't harmful.

Look at this: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/ucm238182.htm
Part C deals with the physical plant and grounds, part D deals with the equipment, and part J deals with laboratory testing of materials.
>[Part C] Establishes specific requirements for:

> Cleaning compounds, sanitizing agents, pesticides, and other toxic materials (21 CFR 111.15(c));
> Pest control (21 CFR 111.15(d));
> Plumbing and sewage (21 CFR 111.15(f) and (g));
> Bathrooms and hand washing facilities (21 CFR 111.15(h) and (i));
> Trash disposal (21 CFR 111.15(j));
> Sanitation supervisors (21 CFR 111.15)(k));
> The design and construction of the physical plant (21 CFR 111.20); and
> The water supply (see 21 CFR 111.15(e) and Questions 2 through 7 in section VIII of this document).

If the video shows unsanitary facilities, they can 100% be reported to FDA.
>>
It's pricey but it's also open source. The recipe is on their website along with hundred of community submitted variants. It even has tools for making your own variant to suit your needs. By purchasing the ingredients and mixing it yourself, you can get the per unit cost down pretty low and modify the taste to your preferences.

The big downside I see is that the claims of being nutritionally complete are based on crushing up a multivitamin into the mix. Without the multivitamin, your micronutrients are not well provided for. If you believe multivitamins are a good way of getting micronutrients, then go for it. I'm just a bit skeptical of it being truly nutritionally complete. Reminds me of the claims of sugar encrusted kiddie cereals claiming to be highly nutritious because they've been sprayed with a vitamin fortified slurry.
>>
Soylent is an overpriced meme. There are already products that contain all the nutrients you need and that were created by experts in nutrition instead of two random dudes trying to create something that already exists.
>>
>>873763
Can you name any available inna usa?
>>
>>873765
Ensure is one that you can buy at most drugstores.
>>
>>873769
I used to give that stuff to my grandmother.
Not at all the same.
Full of sugar and comes in cans instead of powder.
Would rather have something that tastes bad but is far more healthy.
>>
>>873765
Nigga just make your own. Regular soylent has enough soy protein to make you grow tits.

https://diy.soylent.com/recipes
>>
>>873652
>maybe separate out the portions ahead of time and bag them individually in something airtight?
they aren't delivered like that? wtf?
>>
>>873773
>Full of sugar and comes in cans instead of powder.
now the thing is there is like 4 different products you are talking about one of them has 20g protein to 20g sugar MEANWHILE soylent drink has 37g carbs to 20g protein which is not sugar but maltodextrin (which mostly counts as sugar tho) or what...

so i don't know man the expensive meme status of soylent have not been busted by you i'm afraid.
>>
>>873895
Most of the soylent carb count is complex carbs. Very little sugar.
>>
>>874011
>complex carbs
if you call modified starch as complex carbs... then sure. truth is they pretty much are sugars in all practical sense.
>>
>>874041
No, they have a low glycemic index.
Have you tasted this stuff?
It's not sweet at all.
>>
>>874049
>No, they have a low glycemic index.
>Maltodextrin 105
>Glucose 100
uhm... it's higher than sugar anon... and that's hard doing.
>>
>>874059
Those are only there in small amounts anon.
The overall glycemic index is very low.
The bulk of the carbs are complex.
>>
>>874062
i don't exactly remember like this, but even the nutrition labeling says 19g added sugars for soylent 1.6 which is not actual sugar but somewhat worse: maltodextrin.

face it: soylend it a more expensive meme version of common complete nutrition solutions made for hipsters instead of people that need it.
>>
>>874086
Ensure has three times that much
>>
>>874094
Ensure enlive has 22g added sugars anon what are you smoking? And that's one manufacturer only there is like 10 brands i can get in the local pharmacy right now i'm sure it's the same in the murricas.
>>
>>874100
>Ensure enlive
That is for a much smaller portion.
Look at all the gymnastics you have to do to make it seem like soylent is full is sugar.
>>
Shit is expensive but I want to try it for the cyberpunk novelty of it.
Nice to see they have coffee + food bars now.

I'd like to stay optimistic about it. Some years ago I used to just drink these powdered breakfast pouches mixed into milk before heading to class because it was quick. Before that I just skipped breakfast altogether so I'd like to stay optimistic about the future of Soylent. I can't afford living off of it but I hope they experiment with flavors.
>>
>>874118
slightly smaller (350kcal) it's comparable to one packet of soylent (500kcal cause more fats 25g opposed to 11g).
but again i'm not saying ensure is good i'm saying it's not all that worse than soylent (they are actually pretty comparable in what they deliver but ensure was made for old people and soylent was made for young hipsters) as you make it out to be. and there are better products out there than soylent that cost a fraction of the price.

yes soylent is just a fucking meme as it is.
>>
>>874120
>Shit is expensive
exactly my problem with it. they make it sound all revolutionary when these products existed for a long time (altho they are usually geared toward a special purpose like building back muscle mass, or helping recovery but there are general ones that provide complete nutrition).

they want to take this mainstream which is okay i guess but they really should work on the price-tag because it's a lot of money for something that tastes like cardboard boxes soaked in water.
>>
>>874124
More fats is a good thing anon.
Do the math. The ensure you post has more sugar for a smaller portion.
Its not the same product at all.
>>
>>874132
i'm not saying fats are bad or anything if you want to put in the calories they are the best.

but adding to common complete solutions some fats and selling them for twice the price is not something extraordinary or even good.

true, almost all of them have low fat as basis, because when you add them to whole milk it makes up the difference +10.5g fat and a +180kcal. so a 350kcal powder solution that is low fat mixed with milk gives you the same performance as fuck expensive soylent mixed with water. 3dl milk is about $0.40 btw.
>>
>more sugar for a smaller portion.
it's the same 1 portion unit.
i have no idea what you are on about here.
slightly more sugar much less fats same protein but it's 1 portion.

anyhow i just ran some calcs.
if you buy whey isolate, and take 4 portions a day with 2.5 dl whole milk that runs a $0.6 + $1 = $1.6 per day and what you get for this: complete protein (including all essential amino acids and some extras)
968 kcals, 33.92g fats, 49g carbs, 117.2g protein.

while it is not a complete balanced nutritional profile it a good basis to build on with a couple of bars of chocolate or sandwiches and costs less than a dollar a fucking day!!! obviously the downside is milk is perishable in the ready form butt of course you can buy whole milk powder also if you have a fetish for it (1l would be $0.3 from powder so even cheaper).

for this you would only need to add some dietary fibers and extra carbs and fats from some vegetable source and you got very fucking close tho what soylent offers.

and that is one of the many reasons why soylent is complete bullshit. a portion should be well under a single dollar. $2 for a day would be acceptable for the content. but soylent costs $7...
>>
>>873251
Have fun with Gyno and a smoothie that tastes like a plain baked potato.
>>
>>874188
>a smoothie that tastes like a plain baked potato.
that would actually be quiet good compared to how soylent is described.
>>
>>874190
In not exactly sure how it would taste but wouldn't anyone want to eat real food after a day of hiking?
it fills you up and makes you feel comfy.
>>
>>874195
i think we all gonna be eating a lot of crap like soylent in the future. so i would rather enjoy real food while i can.

if it had great shelf life like years it was cheap and i would want to keep some reserves i would definitely stock up.

but seeing how it's expensive and doesn't have particularly good shelf life meh.
>>
>>873251
a lot of people who start eating lots of this stuff become trannies.
cum hoc ergo propter hoc but still
>>
>>874208
>a lot of people who start eating lots of this stuff become trannies.
you got sauce on that claim?
>>
>>874212
purely anecdotal. no studies or even an article to confirm.
but it's a pattern worth mentioning. It probably doesnt mean anything. probably.
>>
>>874213
dunno i hate soy mostly because i would feel my balls shrinking from eating it instead of meat. but it's psychological that soy phytoestrogens would bond to any receptor in the human body has absolutely no supporting evidence.

it's more like a faggy thing to do you know vegans and homos eat that shit because they are faggots and not became faggots because they ate it.
>>
>>874162
>but it's 1 portion.
But the portions are not the same anon.
Do you realize that a portion is not a constant quantity ?
>>
>>874162
It is even a bit more than that (according to Wikipedia). The cheapest option of the Soylent brand was $280/mo if you have the subscription, so that is $10/day with the cheapest payment plan and buying in bulk up until last year and now if you buy in bulk it is close to $8/day with the cheapest option. And if you buy the drinks, it is close to $15/day.

Cooking at home and bringing lunch to work, it is so easy to get under that and even the $8/day for the powder is easy to beat if you cook at home and eat cheaper food. I spend <$8/day on food a lot of days if I make dinner at home.

But I think this is nerdy ass IT guys and weebs eating the shit anyway and they don't cook so I bet it is cheaper than McD's four times a day.
>>
>>874244
Buying it premade is expensive but you can use the recipe off their site to make it yourself much cheaper. There are also hundreds of user submitted variants, many of which cost even less than the homemade soylent per day. The expense is mainly in the convenience. Do it yourself and it's relatively inexpensive ... plus you get to make whatever adjustments you wish.
>>
http://gizmodo.com/soylent-halts-food-bar-sales-after-customers-fall-viole-1787727516

Soylent for out?

Don't!

It is more rational to bring a Note 7 for out, then Soylent.

A Note 7 can give you fire, while Soylent will get you very sick, which likely means death in a true /out/ situation.
>>
>>874505
A problem occurred, and the company stopped making a product right away based on a few minor incidents.

If this was a large scale FDA controlled product, it would take something dying, or huge numbers of incidents before a recall would occur.

What's your fucking point?
>>
>>874399
yeah do it yourself might be fun.
i want to fuck around with this base formula here: >>874162
comes out under a dollar, i have no idea about the taste tho. i have drank protein shakes with milk it was meh but not bad. if i put some oats into it for fibers and carbs i have no idea what happens how disgusting it will be.
>>
>>874626
https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/brets-soylent-oat-whey-complete-low-price
this recipe comes close to what i had in mind altho i would skip the vitamins and shit as i take a multi anyways.
>>
File: studentenfutter_1.jpg (219KB, 820x547px) Image search: [Google]
studentenfutter_1.jpg
219KB, 820x547px
>>873251
>What if I just took a bag of soilent with me when I went backpacking
Yea....
This one time I wanted to be a smartass too, and I took almost entirely what nazis call "studentenfutter" - a mix of nuts, raisins, dried fruit slices etc - rich in calories, vitamins, light & practical, can eat it on the go, carry in pockets....
Maybe I'm a spoiled bitch, but after 3 days, I couldn't look at it.
Even in the outs, man needs variation....
>>
>>874631
if you need variation you are not hungry enough.
but i guess this is one way for your body to make sure it doesn't get a loopsided nutrition long term.
>>
>>874631
the nazis ate gorp"
>>
>>874631
always have some of those when out
expensive as shit though
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7KB, 194x260px
What about just a good muscle shake that you add water to?
Surely that would be enough nutrition for a week of hiking?
>>
File: 00505_gTkZ2ieNNS6_600x450.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00505_gTkZ2ieNNS6_600x450.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
>>874631
>after 3 days, I couldn't look at it.

I have never understood this. I can make a good pot of food like a casserole or something and eat nothing but that fucker for three days running.
Why is this such a problem for some people?
>>
>>876952
For breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

I can eat pizza for 3 days in a row easy (and I have before) but I still have the option to eat a scoop of cookie dough or a couple potato chips if I'm having a craving for something else.

>>874685
*and amphetamines

>>876376
Does it have carbs, fats, and vitamins in it? All that stuff is important. You can get away with eating bullshit for a couple days but it will start to catch up with you.
>>
>>876958
>Does it have carbs, fats, and vitamins in it?
mass gainer powders have everything in it.
whey isolates only have complete amino acid profile.
>>
>>873267

I actually find that it tastes pretty good as long as its cold
>>
>>873389

>because it costs twice what similiar nutritional products made for sick people.

this is a canard, that stuff gets most of its calories in sugar which is fine for short term medical sustenance but nowhere near as healthy as soylent has proven for long term use
>>
>>874188

>soy causes gyno meme

it's actually pretty remarkable that you managed to broscience criticism of soylent
>>
>>877096
>this is a canard
what the fuck does that even mean?
>that stuff gets most of its calories in sugar which is fine for short term medical sustenance but nowhere near as healthy as soylent has proven for long term use
yeah you are paying for the meme and packaging dude it's not the proteins or the fat that's expensive.
>>
>>873251
soylent is full of xenoestrogens my dude, if you have it for long periods of time, you will not feel so good.
>>
>>873355
yes, it was originally made as a joke
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (34KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
34KB, 400x462px
>>877177
This is a canard
>>
>>873251
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HTT914A powdered heavy cream, $12.99/453.6g
http://store.ketochow.xyz/keto-chow-week/ $65-80/1050g
Comes to... wow. 3.3 lbs for a week of complete nutrition, costing $78-93 depending on flavor.
>>
>>877482
thats over 10 buck a day
>>
>>873432
Closer to $10 a day, or $300 a month for an active male. That's around twice what I currently pay for food, sans going out to eat which I would still do if I was on a soylent diet.
I might try it for a week but it is going to have to get a lot cheaper before I consider replacing my grocery bill for it.
>>
>>877588
I would only ever use it to replace those horrible dehydrated backpacking meals that cost a fortune and suck anyways.
>>
>>877594
Why?
The only time I really enjoy eating is when it's part of a social function or special treat, which I would still allow myself even if I was on Soylent. Otherwise I just find eating tedious, and this is coming from a man who absolutely loves his food. Daily subsistence fucking sucks. The time spent shopping for ingredients, preparing meals and consuming them is bad enough as it is, and to make matters worse I don't even enjoy the damn meals because I'm poor as hell and the meals suck due to a million cost-saving measures that also rip away all the enjoyment of the meal. Worse still, all I can think of as I consume this budget sustenance is how much it fucking cost me for this. I just want it to be cheaper. If Soylent can do that then I'm all for it. I'll down that shit and still enjoy the pizza I get every Saturday and the steak I get every Wednesday as much as I always have.
>>
>>874505
is there some joke I'm not in on about making unfunny comments regarding the Note 7
like three times today, across multiple boards (none of them /g/), I've seen wise guys post completely unrelated shit about some phone. no one cares, you're not that hilarious.
>>
>>877603
Note 7s have been recalled for setting peoples homes on fire. Its not funny but 4chan is a morbid place.
>>
>>877611
yeah I know what happened, and I'm all for making fun of houses burning down or cars exploding, but doing it completely out of context simply for the sake of doing it just isn't funny. forcing a joke is a great way to make sure it falls flat
>>
>>877594
dehydrated meals are the cheapest warm meal anon.
>>
>>877570
Sure, if you buy it premixed. You can cut the price in half by getting the ingredients and mixing it yourself.
>>
>>877482
The point of using heavy cream is to get lots of fat. Powdered heavy cream is lower in fat than the real thing.
>>
>>873415
>share and enjoy
>>
>>873568
how do i into nutraloaf?
>>
>>873355
Holy fuck how stupid can you be?
>>
How is Soylent in price and convenience when compared to eating, say, milk and bran cereal for all your meals?
>>
>>878937
Are you really going to pack milk for a three day hike?
>>
>>878952
you can pack uht milk for 30 days no worries.
>>
>>878900
Commit a crime.
>>
>>878979
heavy as fuck
>>
>>878003
Also lower in weight and higher in shelf stability. Fuck carrying something that is either heavy as fuck or needs refrigeration. My solution: keto chow / powdered cream, supplemented with pemmican / gorp. I can pack out for three weeks with the same weight as lots of folks use for one week.
>>
>>879330
Oh, and fish oil pills x2 nightly before bed for dat omega3.
>>
>>879241
milk is basically a natural isotonic protein and energy source with some added minerals and also water for hydration. it's not like there is an ounce of dead weight about it (sans packaging).
>>
>>874188
>gyno
You don't have bitch tits because you eat too much soy, anon. You have bitch tits because you are a fucking obeast.
>>
>>874633
>not hungry enough
So, are you saying you're not /out/ if you're not pushing starvation mode? Personally, I like to have enough fuel to keep moving at a decent pace.
>>
>>873568
Doesnt look that bad. You want to freak nigger kids out, show them what hotdogs are made of and then tell them that's what they're eating for the next week.
>>
>>873705
Umm *excuse* me, the Ghostbusters are female, you oppressive gaslighting shitlord.
>>
>>879612
you can hike just fine while hungry. starvation mode is a myth.
>>
>>874217
Yes it is!!! Its an established measure, like 'one cup'.
>>
>>876376
I can't put my finger on it but that motherfucker is unaesthetic as FUCK.
>>
>>879642
Not in america its not
>>
>>879637
>t. never into any sport seriously
"Starvation mode" as a medical concept is a piece of fat logic, yes. But ask any trained athlete if they're happy just "doing fine." No one looking for performance refuses to eat.

Jesus. Climbfags don't believe in strength training or eating. What the fuck are you trying to prove? A starving skelly can hike just fine?
>>
>>879664
>A starving skelly can hike just fine?

If he has been starving for less than three days?
Absolutely.
I often fast when I hike so I can cover more ground.
Your body has plenty of fuel in reserve.
>>
>>879637
>you can hike just fine while hungry. starvation mode is a myth.
not really but it only sets in after 60 hours
>>879664
>A starving skelly can hike just fine?
pretty fine for 3 days, you can go on for 9 days without eating anything only on water before you start to get too weak to go on without food.
>>879680
>Your body has plenty of fuel in reserve.
true, altho you can experience feeling of fatigue and low energy when low on blood sugar and not in keto yet.
>>
>>879702
I'm not asking about what are the possible limits. Why is this so hard for climbfags to understand? I'm fully aware of that. Tell me why no professional athlete in any sport does that then.

Spoiler alert: because you perform better with food
>>
>>879717
>Tell me why no professional athlete in any sport does that then.
trust me any one of them could beat you on empty stomach.
any one of them. even after days of starving.
>>
>>879635
Who are you to say that those on that box don't identify as female?
>>
>>879717
No one is saying you perform better with no food you assclown, just that you can perform just fine.
>>
>>879751
>le sick burn man
Are you retarded? This isn't about me or my fitness level. In fact, the fact that I'm not a high performance athlete would seem to suggest I should take every advantage possible.
Not eating while out is not worth the risk and is just ego performing. I bet you are the kind of guy that ignores turnaround times and weather advisories too.
>>
>>879769
Lrn2read. Someone up thread was telling an anon if they packed a variety of food they weren't hungry enough, which means he thinks you should be to fall for the go lite meme and be hungry enough to have his tastes be irrelevant. In fact, you should probably be eating a surplus.
Are you faggots really this retarded?
>>
>>879839
>In fact, you should probably be eating a surplus.

No you dont there chubbers

going hungry once in a while in your otherwise soft american existence will only benefit you.
>>
>>879631
Is there anything wrong with prime lung and food coloring?
Or do you make them of actual dogs in USA?
>>
>>879836
the difference is minuscule is what these anons are saying. if you eat you have a feel of more energy, and more motivation to move. but actual performance if you are properly motivated is not different unless you are top level athlete in a competition where ever little bit counts as your body is a fine tuned machine for that particular task. for hiking lol doesn't fucking matter not one bit.
>>
>>879839
i have went 3 days without eating anything and barely any sleep. my performance overall was not hindered i was high strung the whole time. napped like 5 mins from time to time was ready to run or fight the whole time.
>>
>>880249
Meth: the post.
>>
>>880345
more like adrenaline is a helluva drug
>>
>>873267
It's not that bad, really. It tastes like plain cheerios in milk (with a little sugar on top). I'd even call it tasty when it's cold.
>>
>>873375
Do you not think the rest of your food is similarly "contaminated"?
>>
Excuse me, wtf is soylent ?
>>
>>880834
soylent is people anon
have you learned nothing?
>>
It's way too expensive for what it is. You can get the same amount of kcal and micros if you buy a gainer mix (carb + protein powder), fiber powder and vitamin and mineral supps for like 100$ a month and protein will be of a higher quality.
>>
>>880849
gainer mix is usually too expensive for what it can deliver. unless it's well balanced nutritionally and in vitamin profile i would go with whey isolate and add carbs and fats separately from cheap source.
>>
>>880840
spoiler alert!
>>
>>876952
Yeah, I do this too. Make about 5kg of something in the slow cooker and just eat it for days. Only variation being a snack or two and muesli or porridge for breakfast.
I always get weird looks when I tell people that this is how I eat. They just can't comprehend not eating something different every meal.
>>
>>877570
>>878003
Hmm. Reread >>873251 -- OP asked if it was possible. It is. Keto chow, dehydrated heavy cream, fish oil pills, pemmican. No need for stove, no need for refrigeration. Granted, you'd need a way to purify water, but it can be done. All the info OP needs is in this thread already. I mean, you gotta sift through a lot of extraneous bullshit, but this is 4chan so that's to be expected.

>>873267
>>873463
>>877482
>>879330
>>879331
/thread
>>
File: untitled.png (108KB, 299x223px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
108KB, 299x223px
>>881613
Lighten up, Francis. This isn't Stack Overflow.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.