[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, I've just found out that in a month I will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1299.jpg (58KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1299.jpg
58KB, 500x340px
Hey /out/, I've just found out that in a month I will be homeless.

I have plenty of clothes, access to water and hygeinic things, my biggest concerns are

1) staying warm while sleeping in my car in the winter
2) keeping food from going bad

So, what do you suggest? Its cold enough to freeze most things like milk and water etc, so should I not keep perishables underneath my car where the sun won't fuck with them? And how can I stay warm without spending a fuck ton on a space heater? Thanks.

Pic sort of related, but not important.
>>
>>872754
Mr. Buddy Heater:
https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476130039&sr=8-1&keywords=mister+buddy+heater

And a propane gas tank that you can fill for around 10 bucks.

You could also wrap your car (from the inside) with blankets or thermotec

https://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-14620-Heat-Sound-Suppressor/dp/B004PILLZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476130088&sr=8-1&keywords=thermotec

Good luck nigger
>>
>>872754
>>872757
Yeah and obviously don't forget to crack a window open so you won't die from the gas. The heater has a detector supposedly but don't take any chances
>>
>>872757
Sounds good, that's that sorted.

>>872758
I was planning on keeping it cracked to decrease humidity anyway, so no worries about that.

Now for the food
>>
>>872761
wheat flour or flour in general, oatz, beef jerky, nuts, spices, pasta, etc. generally food that you keep in the cupboard not in the friggo
>>
>>872754
>what do you suggest?

Couch surfing while you get a job/psychiatry/better social support system.
>>
>>872754
Yo why homeless? Health problems or just dun goofed
>>
>>872754
Dont worry op, soon we'll all be homeless.
>>
>>872761
beans, noodles, rice, onions, beef jerky, sausages, bacon in one piece (hope it's cxlear what i am talking about) wont spoil fast/at all. is going to the supermarket every 2nd day an option? if yes, let this be your fridge.
>>
File: 1470651477145.png (3MB, 1173x4609px) Image search: [Google]
1470651477145.png
3MB, 1173x4609px
If you got the cash?
>>
>>872795
Homeless people generally aren't known for having large amounts of disposable income
>>
>>872827
>>872795
Sometimes if one can sell their assets this option is very affordable. But if the bank seizes your shit, forget it.
>>
>>872754
Crash with someone close to you while you get your shit together.
>>
>>872795

>not storing ammo in the ammo can
>>
>>872754
Get a job ? lol
>>
>>872795
>stealth
>surround sound system
>emissions alarm
>bad solar wiring

If someone is going to put that much effort into something, they should probably do more research.

>homeless guy
>with enough cash to make that setup

storiesofkek.epub
>>
>>872754
don't fucking sleep in your car!
one it's uncomfortable as hell
two it's a fucking death trap that sucks heat out of you i have stuck in a car once with no running engine in the winter the cold permeating it in a few minutes was painful.

you are better off using large cardboard boxes as a shelter than a fucking car. you can at least 3 layers of cardboard use plastic sheet to waterproof it from under and from rain! in your cardboard little sleeping box you can shove some foam mattress under you for insulation and comfort use a sleeping bag rated for cold. cover entrance with cloths hanging that keep wind out but let oxygen in. keep an emergency mylar blanket around if things get real bad. everything should be cheap second hand and not desirable.

have some warm clothing cheap polar sweaters are great to sleep in or use it as under-dress. if you can tolerate wool it's probably the best.

use your car as a windbreaker at best, altho you could use it as a roof too, if you dig a ditch under it, but i don't think cardboard boxes and ditches mix well as rain can get in there and soak your box.
>>
>>872754

The mods really need to make a sticky for this. Seems like every one and their mom are becoming homeless, so many threads are made.

Keep foods that don't have to be refrigerate. Get yourself a quality small cooler if you want to keep meats.

Also if you live in the states, apply for food stamps.

I was homeless for almost two yrs (had a family tragedy , my wife and kid passed away, I lost my shit and gtfo) hitch hiked around the u.s. during that time.

You no longer gonna be buying food like you do now, will be buying food every few days.
>>
>>872754
>1) staying warm while sleeping in my car in the winter
Get a sleeping bag that goes down to -5C. They're not that expensive.
>2) keeping food from going bad
Don't buy things that easily perish. Stick to canned veggies and just-add-water stuff. Buy meat from a butcher so you have portion control.
>>
>>872754
Enjoy being robbed and beaten.
>>
File: Swagon.jpg (2MB, 3500x2382px) Image search: [Google]
Swagon.jpg
2MB, 3500x2382px
try living in a Subaru outback swagon yo they are the best. Also granola car so you won't be judged for not always showering.
>>
>>873434
oh no
you stinky fucks are always judged
>>
>>873434
you live in the pnw don't you
>>
I suggest a homeless shelter.
>>
>>873359
>you are better off using large cardboard boxes as a shelter than a fucking car.

>line floor, ceiling, sides of a capped truck bed or suv back with 3-5 layers of cardboard
>???

But really cardboard is one of the best insulators. Bums know their shit. You have to get pretty $$$ to match in insulation what some fucking cardboard can do. Shit's magic.

I think, now you need some cash and planning, but I think something like pic related could be amazing for vandwelling. Personally I want to not just to escape the ridiculous rent, but to have more freedom. Want to go camping? Want to chill in a different area for a few weeks? You got it. There's options for part time work in my field, and I've thought about this to save rent money (which is 90% of my expenses, literally) so I can still save tons of cash while switching to only part time, AND be able to wake up in my home-truck innawoods. For maybe the 20 coldest days a year you could either run a heater or rent an airbnb or some shit, but personally I've camped with shitty non-gear gear in a tent in negative temps, I'd think a well outfitted innatruck would be pretty comfy if you did it right.

Just look at this monster. Bigger than some manhattan apartments.
>>
File: 14618691279542.jpg (704KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
14618691279542.jpg
704KB, 2048x1536px
>>873378
>sticky

Naw, the other resident bums and I just need to keep the shitposting general going for all these greenies

We're just really busy trashing yo parks and running from the rape gangs
>>
File: how_works-300x231.jpg (19KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
how_works-300x231.jpg
19KB, 300x231px
>>872754
>>874673

As far as your situation goes, do you have some reason why you can't go south for the winter?

For your food, get yourself a cooler and cover it in blankets or something for extra insulation so your ice lasts longer.

What kind of vehicle are you in? The candle under a pot trick works somewhat, picture related, I've used it before. A doggo will also keep you warm if it doesn't get too cold but then it brings a new dynamic into your homeless life, and if you're sleeping in a sedan you can't exactly sleep with the puppers. Get yourself a good sleeping bag either way.
>>
>>873433
this is why he should invest in a CCW, or just get this and enough ammo:
http://hdfirearms.com/head-down-deceptus-weapon-system/

This is, clearly, if he can afford it.
>>
>>873557
Not anon your replying to but I live inna PNW and those things are fucking everywhere and the irony is my buddy got his stuck trying to go through a bit of mud. They are not rugged.
>>
File: 20160630_182635.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160630_182635.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>872827
I've been living out of my truck for 10 months and i refuse to pay rent. Work full time and 6 figs in stocks. Rather save for a down on my future home. Truck already paid for half of itself.

Use a gym to workout and shower. Park my enclosed trailer with all my stuff at a friend's and use his address for mail. Gf will be a nurse next summer also.

It's not great but i have an end in mind. Pic related...my set up
>>
Drive somewhere warm and coastal. It's easy as fuck to live out of your car. Just do some odd jobs and you're fine indefinitely
>>
>>873378
There used to be a homeless general on here, is it not around any more?
>captcha: TaeKwonDo Badajoz
OP should learn tae kwon do.
>>
>>874948
Where do you usually park?
>>
>>875841
>wherever the fug i want

But really while it's inconspicuous enough to park anywhere i usually park at my friend's or the gym. Hardly any crime here so it's relatively safe. Also made attachments for a 99% light blocking fabric to the rear window so i can read or use my laptop without raising any suspicions.
>>
>>874673

>on today's episode of "Crab and Dog"....
>>
>>873378
you lost your family
that's fucking brutal
>>
>>874862
fucking dyke/snowfuckboi cars
had a friend who had one
punctured a hole in his gas tank
he thought too highly of his shitsuby
and got him and his wife stuck in
the middle of fucking nowhere pines
had to walk two hours before they got
a cell signal 1k tow bill
suby owners are the worst
>>
>>872754
Dude, why sleep in your car when you can build a fire and a lean-to? Or if you're in a city just ride the subway all night.
>>
>>873378
I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>872795
I'm too stupid to build this
>>
Go somewhere warmer like California or Florida you have a car... gas jug to fill up your tank go to food banks for can foods they have eggs and fruits and veggies if you want them get a small stove to cook with get a warm sleeping bag and a dog to keep you warm fly a sign on the off ramp of the freeway or exit of Walmart for money you can sleep at pretty much any Walmart in the parking lot it's really easy to be homeless I've been doin this for a couple years now rubber tramping riding trains and hitchhiking and give hitchhikers rides
>>
>staying warm while homeless in a car
Drive south.

If you have a month, is there any possible way that you can find somewhere to stay until you get a job?
>>
>>875970
Is this supposed to be a poem?
Because that's how I read it
>>
>>873434
>Living out of a subaru
Bisexual musician?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.