[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a good, cheap, collapsible water container

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: franzia 2.jpg (64KB, 640x480px)
franzia 2.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
I'm looking for a good, cheap, collapsible water container for camping.
Does the bag from Franzia wine work well? Can it be reused?

Normal water containers are kinda pricey, around $12 online, and damn near $30 in stores. And they tear very easily.

The Franzia stuff is double layer, and is very tough. I saw a wook dragging one behind him at a music festival.

The bags are essentially free, but I cant seem to find a easy way to remove the nozzel, and refill them, and not have it leak.

Has anyone successfully repurprised something similar?
>>
>>871820
nylon hose coupling. like $1 at most hardware places. weve used them for sun showers before. stick the coupling into the valve stem. add your own hose. attach hose to what ever you like. for water use a coupling that has a reducer so you can add a short water hose to it. cut the end off your neighbors garden hose and use it. cut end to coupling. the other end can screw onto any water bib in the park.
>>
>>871822

>cut the end off your neighbours garden hose

I fucking hate poor people.
>>
>>871833
Maybe he's just black.
>>
File: platy bottle.jpg (87KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
platy bottle.jpg
87KB, 880x660px
What the fuck, are you talking about a bota bag?

Robbing your neighbors hose?

What kind of degeneracy are we sinking to?

Even a homeless man can suck enough cock to save up and buy at least one drinking-tube-compatible, almost indestructible, clean tasting, collapsible Platypus bottle.

I've used these for years in both my work bag and for hiking. So it sees some abuse. Thrown around in an ambulance, left in my hot car, washed multiple times, rolled up in the pantry etc. It has never made my water taste funny, the cap seals well, and despite looking crinkled, they have yet to leak on me.

Really nice option in your pack if you don't want to start with a ton of water, but suspect/know you will need to stock up for a 'dry' section. Or, if you just want your pack to become less bulky through the course of the day.

They have multiple cap options and they have a drinking tube kit. So you could turn it in to a water bladder too if you want. I prefer to have a couple just with the twist-off cap, and I keep their smallest size in my chest pack (Hill People Gear 'Kit Bag') with water in it sometimes.

They also support themselves really well standing up, contrary to what you would expect. I wouldn't leave it just sitting around open, but, it's still surprisingly stable.

Just get one you cheap fucks, leave your neighbors hose alone.
>>
File: 1468787455817.gif (1MB, 249x149px) Image search: [Google]
1468787455817.gif
1MB, 249x149px
>>871820
>pic
>bagged wine

I had the misfortune of tasting some of that shit. It was like plastic flavored spiked koolaid. Worst fucking shit ever. I don't even know what the fuck is wrong with people that they can't taste how fucking terrible the plastic makes it and that is it shitty wine too boot.

>mfw
>>
>>871960
Edgy
>>
>>871960
It's the friend of poor backpackers everywhere who wants to make friends.

Seriously, if you go to a new place and want to make contacts, you buy one of those cheap cardboard wine boxes and head for the nearest public spot.
>>
>>871820
i have family that drinks boxed wine and a while back i decided i was going to reuse a few of the bags. i took the time an cleaned out a few of them , while its very hard to get the nozzle off the first time its easier after you do it once,
it took forever to clean he smell/taste out of the bag but white vinegar, hot water, and lemon juce rinses cleaned it out
though theyre great for storing water and other drinks,
also make great portable pillows when blown up with air, and they weigh nothing

and in the summer, filled ith ice water they make a great pillow to keep you cool
>>
>>871833
Do not respond to hose posters
>>
>>871863
Fuck off product shill
>>
>>871960
The wine taste fine, and there is no plastic taste. Its all in your head.

Folks have poured that crap out into a nice glass at a tasting, and wine tasters thought it was good shit.

Good wine taste is subjective.
There is a good reason a $2 bottle of wine can come in first place at a tasting.
>>
>>871983
No, no, fuck no. I make my own wine. That last time I went to an event I took a wooden case with a selection of wines and meads I made. There was a box of the OP shit there, they tossed it out after I arrived.

>>872075
>The wine taste fine, and there is no plastic taste. Its all in your head.

You are fucking delusional or a chain smoker.
>>
>>872180
Made up boring story/10
>>
File: money to burn.jpg (34KB, 535x335px)
money to burn.jpg
34KB, 535x335px
>>871820
>Normal water containers are kinda pricey, around $12
>around $12
>$12
>>
>>872275
Online, not in a pinch when you have to buy some enroute on your camping trip.

also when you need like 3, or 4.
>>
>>872180
>You are fucking delusional or a chain smoker.
Bet you get chilly in 50 degree weather during fall
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.