[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to live in the wild. Im not a survivalist, but I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1464229998357.png (381KB, 449x559px) Image search: [Google]
1464229998357.png
381KB, 449x559px
I want to live in the wild. Im not a survivalist, but I want to live in the wilderness. How can I prepare myself? What activities should I learn to survive? I know this is not a game, and I don't like the typical TV shows. Any advice?
>>
Get out of here, stalker.
>>
Ever actually been /out/? What gear do you have? Can you fish, hunt, and know what pants and mushrooms to forage? Can you build a shelter? Can you start a friction fire? Do you scare easily in the dark when alone?
>>
how about not post the same fucking inane delusional thread as every other loser that comes here to post hurr durr i want to live in teh wild to escape all my problems
>>
https://youtu.be/YqNp-DjqBHE?t=5
>>
File: 1439310899048.jpg (67KB, 428x599px) Image search: [Google]
1439310899048.jpg
67KB, 428x599px
If you've never gone outside before and want to go from being indoors all day to living innawoods in a year then you're an idiot.
The key is going on overnighters, practicing your hunting skills, building, foraging, etc. Every weekend go and shoot a rabbit, make some cordage, eat a wild edible, make a fire, etc. When you have free time do some hunting, start making a vegetable patch, etc.

Eventually get some time off work to stay in the woods for a week, living mostly off the land. Then two. Then 6 weeks.

You probably won't be able to be completely self sufficient. My advice is to get a job, save up a shitload of money, buy a cabin with some land and live there. with all the leftover money go to town to buy flour, bread, noodles, rice, etc, and the rest of your food can be procured with natural methods. You also need to decide whether you will bowhunt or hunt with guns, etc.
Food preparation is very vital, and something many people forget. Smoking, pickling, etc.
>>
File: tat 1.jpg (369KB, 720x792px) Image search: [Google]
tat 1.jpg
369KB, 720x792px
learn how to tell tomorrows weather... how to procure water (search upstream for dead animals, use various sand to filter, etc) snaring... good and bad mushrooms... what bark heals what ailments... and learn to whittle a spoon.
>>
Get a suture book
>>
>>870684
Add a spork n g2g.
>>
Are you going MGTOW op?
>>
>>870354
>Im not a survivalist
What is this, some MGTOW crap? If you wanna go out in the wilderness and SURVIVE, you want to be a SURVIVALIST.
>>
>>871094
You need a trigger warning, sugar tits?
>>
File: ooorangutan.jpg (88KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
ooorangutan.jpg
88KB, 450x450px
>>870354
Not trying to insult you or make any assumptions, but getting in good shape is an excellent way to get better at being outdoors. It's something that no one talks about on this board but is vastly more important than the stupid shit people argue about here. A lot of the early fumbles of learning how to be outside for longer and longer periods of times are more easily dealt with if you're a decent weight and have some reasonable fitness. No matter how shit your shoes are, they'll be worse if you're 100lbs heavier. Packing too much shit is easier to cope with if you have the strength to carry it. I guess it's not talked about much because it's one of those things that you need to get up and do and can't argue about while sitting around on your ass. Anyways, if you're in shape all the better.
>>
>I want to run away from my problems. I'm not an adult or anything, I just want to run away
>>
Thank you for your answers. I take note on the useful ones. I'm getting in shape but I don't know anybody who is into survivalism so I have to learn it by myself and shit is a bit overwhelming, at least in my country. When I said I wasnt a survivalist I meant I never practiced this stuff. This is why I am asking a so basic question. I can't make an idea by myself what should be useful but there is always something that can be learned from some one who actually do this stuff. Thanks.

>>870389
>>872015
I don't have problems, I just don't like civilization in every way, but I know that this stuff for your kin is just edginess and fedora or mgtow or some shit like that. Also I believe there is going to be a SHTF situation soon.
>>
>>872510
>I can't make
I can*
>>
>>872510

well how about you go do some reading then without posting a thread with no content or direction.

theres plenty of info on the web faggot
>>
>>870354

You need to go out and become one with the cheeki breeki.

Also where do you live, can't give much help if I don't know.
>>
>>870354
Reinstalling stalker, fuck you.
>>
>>870354
>>870537

this guy gets it. if you have no experience or skills, it's gonna be years before you'll be ready to spend real time outside
watch documentaries and television about people who try and do what you're talking about, even hardcore enthusiasts have to buy some supplies or spend a month or two of winter with relatives

go live in a monastery of hermits or something if you want to escape society, or do what normal people do and just start drinking lots
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.