[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, first time poster. These packs are on sale at Ama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 61XKmF3mgIL._SX522_.jpg (25KB, 522x392px) Image search: [Google]
61XKmF3mgIL._SX522_.jpg
25KB, 522x392px
Hey guys, first time poster.

These packs are on sale at Amazon, I'm considering ordering one, some of the items separately like the hammock, etc, have good reviews. Does this seem like good pricing and does it have some useful stuff for a beginner?

$150 down from $299.
Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=gbps_img_s-3_3422_5d06e90a?url=search-alias%3Daps&hidden-keywords=B01B52B84I|B00MIBDVXW|B00MIBIS94|B00MIBI3XK|B01B52KOKC|B01B52LCWG|B015TAOX4E|B015TAN188|B015TAI3K4|B015TAL7WK|B015TAJW18&m=A1KWJVS57NX03I&pf_rd_p=2609053422&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=8CQPF8TV5DV4HHEHXJMZ
>>
>>869906
I think it looks pretty freakin' sweet. As long as you don't already have all that stuff (water bottle, knife, light, etc). For that price I would jump on it!
>>
Most on here will disagree, but I think it's a fine starting point and cheap AF. Don't expect much of it to last that last long. Some might fall apart after a season or two, but most you'll upgrade. Spare shit is cool to have for buddies though.

I have the tarp. It's small but decent.
>>
File: 1434488358582.jpg (104KB, 802x602px) Image search: [Google]
1434488358582.jpg
104KB, 802x602px
>>869906
First of all welcome anon, I hope you have to stay and enjoy the real outdoors.

Anyway I don't know about the specific quality about that gear but I depends on what you're looking for in /out/ activities. For example, if you're looking only for day hikes/trips I'm pretty sure it will serve you right if not you may find some problems.

Looking at the overall gear and price seems fair but if we start breaking it down maybe you can buy other stuff that are well known and tested for more or less the same global price. Maybe the backpack will push it a bit higher.

You're call if you think it will do you good go for it, if it disappoints you when arrives at your home just send it back.
>>
Looks like a good starter kit, if you decide you don't like going /out/ you have blown a lot of money and if you decide to stick with it you can replace/upgrade stuff as you go.
>>
>>870161
**haven't
>>
Speaking of packs... is a 20L bag too small for a 3 day, 2 night hike? I keep reading all these recommendation websites that say like 60-70L bags for that extent. That just seems ridiculously big to me. I could keep weight down by not snacking every 5 fucking minutes like what's being recommended--exaggerated, of course. I pack as minimal as possible with the exception of the big necessities; tent, pad, water and food. Everything else seems pretty trivial. D o people really need those huge ass bags for just a few days?
>>
Looks decent enough. It's a good price for what it offers.

I'd be a bit vary about that hammock/shelter, since it looks a bit flimsy. Also, get a sleeping pad.
>>
>>870185
20l is too small.

60l is a good size.

Especially at the start with cheaper gear, it'll be bulkier.

20l is barely enough for a day bag.
>>
>>870185
It really depends on the conditions you camp in. A bag like that is nice if it rains, everything can be in the bag protected. It's also nice if you want a change of clothes and you pack camp stoves and camp fuel, water filters and generally small things that make life easier.

That said you could get through a few nights with literally nothing if you needed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.