[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Harbor Freight ten dollar tarp six times worse than a $60+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2222.jpg (135KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2222.jpg
135KB, 1200x1200px
Is a Harbor Freight ten dollar tarp six times worse than a $60+ Mil-Tec tarp ?
I want the Mil-Tec for the Flektarn but 10.99 is 10.99. I can buy so much more shit. What ....do rain drops hit harder on the $10 one?!?
You guys decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
>>
Cheap tarps break easier than expensive ones.
>>
>>869202
Pretty sure you are from the hammock thread.
Iirc these all purpose tarps are heavier almost 2x and harder to pack (you cant fold them as easily)
>>
My queen size Alpaca wool nlanket was like $350 USD, do you really think I would soil it by pairing it with Harbor Freight shit tarp?

If you're a shit tier bushcrafting larper an Army blanket and HF tarp are right at your level.
>>
>>869202
I bought the HF one and used it for two years pretty regularly, I spray painted it olive green and black because the blue was an eye stabber when you are out and trying to keep a lower profile, I stopped using it because I got a better job and stopped being a poorfag also it did break at the corner grommet but this was in a high wind situation which would have stressed any tarp, it is heavier and bulkier than the mil - tec tarp, but if you can't afford that then the HF one is a decent option until you can, I've used everything from mylar emergency shelters from dollar tree right up to mil-tech and the HF wasn't the worst I used, that honor goes to dollar tree painters drop sheets.... better than nothing, but only just!
>>
>>869215

>Alpaca wool

No, it's most likely deer
>>
>>869254
> spinning yarn from deer
>>
>>869254
DEERWOOL?
My kingdom for Deerwool!
>>
>>869202
A siltarp packs down much smaller and is lighter. It can handle being crumpled without creasing and leaking, unlike the HF tarp. Doesn't have to be folded carefully. Basically, you pay out the nose for an ultralite tarp. If you can spare the weight and the space, then, hell yeah, get the HF tarp and spend the $ you save somewhere else.
>>
>>869202
Mil-Tec is only slighty better than china, I wouldn't bother with it, definetly not for $60+.

>What ....do rain drops hit harder on the $10 one?!?
Cheap tarps are heavy, take a lot of space, are harder to fold, break easier and most importantly- they will leak in heavy rain or after repeated use.

I recommend DD Hammocks 3x3 tarp, very good quality. it's $62 on their site. No Flektarn though.

Or just go with the 10.99 one if you don't give a fuck.
>>
>>869202

I bought a princess auto 10$ or so tarp, infact I bought 2. I used them to line the floor of a uhaul, cover a truck bed and later cover a mattress on top of a vehicle while traveling 100 km. The gromets in both warp almost immediately and they tore the tarp, resulting in massive failed areas that where destroyed. by a bit of wind (drove 70km per hour).

I am sure they would be fine, but I bet the grommets are cheap, thin metal that will separate from the tarp fabric quickly. I would splurge and get a better tarp, especially if you are depending on it for shelter/weather protection.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.