[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you not wearing Arc'teryx? Do you hate having the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0651.jpg (237KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.jpg
237KB, 1620x1080px
Why are you not wearing Arc'teryx? Do you hate having the best? Are you a poorfag?
>>
>>867037
Lol whats with the wolverine claws on the feet?

Seems like the wrong place to have a capeshit convention.
>>
>>867040

Iceclimbing irons. /Out/ cant out.
>>
>>867045
>needing foot claws to climb snowy hills
lol
>>
File: Eisklettern_kl_engstligenfall.jpg (1MB, 1704x2272px) Image search: [Google]
Eisklettern_kl_engstligenfall.jpg
1MB, 1704x2272px
>>867047
I'm quite sure they used it to actually climb, not walk up a hill.
>>
>>867056
>not being able to use ice tools to climb without stupid wolverine boots.
>>
>>867057

You never iceclimbed, did you?
>>
>>867056
>>867067
Ignore shitposters instead.
>>
I don't need to climb a mountain to feel a more self worth. Also just studentfag here, I don't feel the need to spend 5000DKK (=??USD) on some overkill jacket.
>>
because I go hunting and sleep next to a fire and don't want my overpriced £400 jacket to get a hole in and ruin it.
>>
>>867037
> do, no, no
>>
>>867082
>Are you a poorfag?
Yes

>>867084
>because I go hunting

I roleplay as a hunter
>>
>>867273
>implying you can't hunt innabongland

I hunt deer, rabbits, squirrels, etc, with bows innawoods? Just because you're a dirty ultralighter who's never done anything actually outdoors it doesn't mean you have to get jealous.
>>
>>867040
>doesn't know what crampons are
idiot detected, stick to city parks

>>867037
Slowly grabbing some Arc'teryx gear. Best to get during REI garage sales, but what I have right now is good enough for outer hardshells. Really while teryx is good you can't really go wrong with mountain hardware or outdoor research, and it's much cheaper
>>
>>867037
I prefer natural fibers.
>>
>>867374
> implying down isn't natural
> implying waxed canvas and leather are better than synthetic materials

LARPer detected.
>>
>>867444
>assumptions
I wear membrane stuff as an outer layer.
I just have an aversion to wearing mid layers that are quite literally death traps when wet.
>>
File: IMG_0151.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
IMG_0151.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>867037
Why would you want to do that when Columbia™ is an option?
>>
File: 1459448025923.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459448025923.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>867037
>Arc'Teryx Sidewinder SV jacket
>Arc'Teryx Beta AR jacket
>Arc'Teryx Cerium LT hoodie
>Arc'Teryx Cerium LT vest
>Arc'Teryx Atom SL hoodie
>Arc'Teryx Atom LT pant
>Arc'Teryx Altra 65 backpack
>Arc'Teryx Blade 20 backpack
>Arc'Teryx AR climbing harness
>Arc'Teryx C80 chalk bag

Come at me. Next purchases will be:
>Arc'Teryx Alpha SV bibs
>Arc'Teryx Bora 2 boots
>>
>>867487
> come at me

No. But I will hike with you.

> tfw fucking nillboards for reCaptcha!
>>
>>867487
Do you just blindly buy all arcteryx without looking at other gear? Also do you work for acteryx? Do you realize you look like a tool?
>>
>>867084
I killed a deer two weekends ago while wearing arcteryx rain shell.

If you need to sleep next to a fire like some hobo why are you posting in a non-hobo thread?
>>
>>867543
> i prefer fucking blondes

But you can fuck others?

> ignoring preference
> doesn't even get blonde pussy.
>>
>>867487
I kept expecting to see someone smash that doggo with a shovel desu. Christ, I've spent too much time on 4chins
>>
>>867487
Their goatskin leather gloves are pretty damn comfy, but I fucking doubt they're good down to -20°C like the package said. Fuck Arc'Teryx desu
>>
File: 1460858697159.png (120KB, 306x271px) Image search: [Google]
1460858697159.png
120KB, 306x271px
Because Columbia and Outdoor Research are perfectly f-i-n-e, and I get pro deal pricing on both those brands and more.

I have issues paying retail price. Like I physically can't do it. If I don't see some sort of genuine discount I don't even look in most cases. This applies to vehicles, clothing, footwear, firearms...hell, I bought a used bike rack on craigslist once listed for $50, I jewed the guy down to $45 purely out of principle.

>No anon, you are the Nose
>>
>>867604
nothing wrong with jewing the jew, mate
>>
File: IMG_1493_sm_1000.jpg (132KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1493_sm_1000.jpg
132KB, 1000x750px
>>867604
Also, it's a proven fact that I WILL ruin clothing. This is why I only buy my everyday-wear garments at thrift stores. Whether It's me eating in the car, working on my house/property, or just drinking a particularly treacherous coffee, it's going to get torn, stained, burned, melted, punctured, etc. I'm doing better with this last batch of jeans by trying to only do outside stuff in my already bad pair but still.

>Dead of winter, -10F with hella wind
>Pipe freezes in crawlspace
Motherfucker this game again
>Dig out copper pipe and fittings, find torch and soldering stuff because Pex Pipe is for little bitches and AIDS faggots
>Put on my Columbia fleece, go down and find the burst frozen section
>Soldering, shaky because I'm hungry
>DRIP
>Hah looks like I dodged it, nice try solder
>Finish up, nice looking solder job, water's back on, praise Jesus

Wouldn't you know it, that solder drip landed on my fleece.

I still wear it though, big old melt hole and all. Fuck it.
>>
>>867608
That's the wonder of work clothes vs other clothes.

Guess you wouldn't get that hardened look though if you didn't wear your clothes for shit that is almost certainly going to damage what you're wearing.
>>
>>867614
Yeah, like I said Ive been trying to keep them separate. My biggest trouble is Ill be wearing non-work clothes and either be in a hurry or go to do 'just one little thing' and...there we go. Hey look Im covered in roofing tar.
>>
>>867451
What a stupid post, polar fleece and Primaloft are on par with or better than wool for warmth when wet. They both hold less water and dry faster as well.
>>
>>867040
Get the fuck out of your house
>>
>>867608
See? If you had bought your fleece at REI you could return it for full credit or cash.

> i fuck up my stuff
> i wear fucked up stuff
> why can't i have nice things
>>
I live in the arctic. I dont own any arcteryx gear. If you are so obsessed with brands, im betting you are one of those who go to cafes in your arcteryx clothes and just talk about beeing out.

Wear decent clothes that keep you warm. My best sweater is one my mom knitted for me.
>>
>>867799
> img bbs

So post a pic of it. I want to see it.
>>
>>867037
overrated
overpriced
yuppy jerk off weat
>>
>>867831
>>
File: 1399849428528.gif (1000KB, 306x184px) Image search: [Google]
1399849428528.gif
1000KB, 306x184px
>>867608
Your philosophy in how you go about things also sounds like you're just one of those people who is predisposed to break everything they own. I don't even mean this in a mean way. I have a few life-long friends like you. They just can't keep nice things because they simply lack the mindset to take care of what they have and don't use the right tool for the right job. It's one thing to be frugal, but it's an entirely different thing to always ruin your stuff over and over again, then wear it with some kind of pride even though you look like a vagrant.

>>867799
>my mommy's sweater
That's neat.

>>867831
What's it like owning a garment that is well fitted, functional, made of superior textiles with a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty? Of course, all of this is calculated into the price, but you probably didn't even consider that. Oh wait, by your post, you don't know that feel. Poor, butthurt fag spotted.
>>
File: 1360850650336.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1360850650336.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>867831
>buy one nice thing once and it lasts forever, lifetime warranty, also happens to look nice
>b-but I could buy garbage at Wal-mart once every six months for 'cheaper'!
>>
>>867451
Fleece>wool
Modern hydrophobic down can be submerged without losing loft.
>>
>>867845
lol
mountain hardware is vastly superior
poor? okay bub
i buy quality clothing
not shit
>>
>>867849
see
>>867947
>>
File: 1462296026263.jpg (107KB, 433x664px)
1462296026263.jpg
107KB, 433x664px
>>867545
>implying hobos sleep by fires

I'm not a degenerate that relies on gear, wool blanket and a good fire is all I need.
>>
>>867947
>mountain hardware
>owned and operated by Adidas
>vastly superior

I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning of the words you're using, bud.
>>
>>867962
it's okay man
don't get upset
not understanding how the corporate
world works it can be a little upsetting
>>
> brando vs. brando

Where am I /cgl/?

Fucking argueing brando whore bitches.
>>
more like why are you not wearing Taiga?
>>
>>867037
and wearing fucking aviators
only subhumans wear those eye fedoras
>>
>>868081
>REEEEEEEEE THEY WEAR SUNGLASSES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Because I don't like looking like a shining neon beacon when I'm innawoods, nor do I like spending $300 on a jacket when I can get a perfectly suitable jacket for $20 at a Goodwill.

Eat shit you trendy yuppie. "Look at that guy's Northface jacket! He must go on all sorts of adventures!"
>>
>>868094
Some places need more than a $20 jacket from Goodwill. Just because /out/ for you means walking around in the woods doesn't mean some people have use for more specialized gear.

The bright neon is for high viz in places where you'd want to be fucking seen, like in whiteout conditions or any place where avalanche/crevasse/rockfall hazards exist. Wouldn't be caught dead doing summit attempts in ghetto shit gear, but I understand that it's expensive and for poorfags the only suitable response is anger and envy. Happens every time there's a thread about high performance gear, poorfags come in and shit on basic necessary gear like pickets, crampons, ice tools, and helmets as 'yuppie trendfag' frivolities.
>>
>>867037
>>867037

I wear Arcteryx.

My Haglofs is better desu.

They have some 10/10 stuff but they also have some shit-tier overrated and overpriced shit that just doesnt work well.
>>
>>867040

>Wolverine claws on the feet

Top kek, you're on the wrong fucking board, newfag.
>>
>>868088
okay
you made me laugh
>>
File: IMG_20161002.jpg (1MB, 1694x2258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002.jpg
1MB, 1694x2258px
>>867037
hi
>>
>>868190

Arcteryx is for gear queers and hipster fags but some of it is legitimately good.

Professionals use it among other brands as well.

And the logo is the nicest in the industry
>>
>>868200
>the logo is the nicest in the industry
It's really nice but I shill fucking hard for pic related. Plus for climbing shit it's all pretty much mid- to upper-tier quality for entry- to mid-level prices.

>tfw BD is moving into soft goods
hnng can't wait to up my /out/ /fa/
>>
>>868203

Yeah, Black Diamond is solid.

I use that, Häglofs and Arcteryx mostly
>>
>>867037
>Made by slaves in Asia, like all the other major brands.

Fuck off. Canada Goose, Thrift Store relics from a better era, or modern US/Canadian military surplus.

Everything else is contributing to the enemy.
>>
I have a fleece from them and the fabric that holds the elastic cord for tightening at the bottom came unglued (there's no stitching to reinforce it either). So now I have to send it back to them for repair.

I'm not overly impressed by their gear compared to any other top brands, but most of it is solid. They definitely have the most expensive hardshells and shill hard for goretex.
>>
>>867451
>bought the wool is warm when wet meme
>>
Goretex exoskeleton
>>
>>868200
>calls others gear queers

>actually cares about the design of a logo

wew lad
>>
>>868526
Their highest-end stuff is made in Canada.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.