[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going out to backpack around the world, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

I'm going out to backpack around the world, but I'm honestly afraid of going to America.

There's too many guns in the hands of idiots. I fear that if I get in a single altercation with anyone, that they'll pull out a gun, shoot me, and then later claim self defense. I'm quite huge, and even people back home are intimidated by my size, which escalates any situation I'm in right away because they fear I'll squish their head in with my bare hands.

How safe is it to travel as a European in America?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that all gun owners are idiots. Hunters, law enforcement, and sensible civilian carriers are of course not the ones I'm talking about.
>>
>>858184
Just stay away from niggers and you'll be ok
>>
>>858184
> is op single qt?
>>
>>858184
>>858184
>>858185
best advice desu
>>
File: desufag.jpg (73KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
desufag.jpg
73KB, 450x360px
>>858195
>>
>>858184
You're an idiot if you think America is more dangerous than africa, south america, asia, or the middle east. Even europe is more dangerous now in the big cities. Just stay away from black areas and you're fine
>>
>>858184
>People actually believe this
The propaganda is real, huh?

Gun owners are a minority in most parts of the country, and most gun owners are perfectly reasonable people who dunt settle differences with violence. I've probably known literally hundreds of gun owners so far in my life, and I don't know any who have ever shot someone (outside of the military). You have nothing to worry about. Don't believe everything you see on TV about "how violent America is."
>>
>>858184
>Backpack around the world
>Afraid of going to America

Not Mexico where you will be kidnapped for $30,000, or Africa where you will be robbed, raped and killed, Europe where refugees will behead you, the middle east where you will disappear forever, Brazil where you will have your throat cut for your phone, but America?

lol k.
>>
America as in murrica?
Yeah I'd be afreaid as well. But hey, that's the fun of it! To be honest, you're more likely to die out of your own stupidity.
>>
>>858209
half of Americans are gun owners, though it's true that in some areas they are a minority

I'm Canadian and I like travelling the USA because people are friendlier, at least the white people anyway.

the kind of extremely impulsive person that would just pull out a gun and murder someone isn't the kind of person who would be allowed to carry a gun. why would you have an altercation with a thug like that? that's bad news anywhere in the world.

you've been conditioned to think the USA is a warzone. visit them, you'll discover the truth
>>
>>858184
It's extremely safe.

For comparison, thinking you'll be shot in America is about as logical as me thinking I'll get shot by terrorists in France.

Honestly you'll most likely find that Americans tend to be annoyingly curious about other countries. Be prepared for a lot of comments about your accent and a lot of questions about how you like it in America.

I always tell people that Americans are like big friendly dogs: they're great, but can be a bit much sometimes.
>>
>>858207
>Even europe is more dangerous now in the big cities.
Lol no.

>>858216
>half the countries in Europe are letting in shitskins and sandniggers from fuckknowswhereistan by the 1000s
Not true.
>who rape like they're at a perpetual fucking burning man festival.
Lol no.
> There's terrorist attacks every other week
Lol what a retard.

>>858450
>Europe where refugees will behead you
Lol what a retard.

Btw just so you all know america is accepting 110k rapefugees.

>>858184
You're a fucking disgrace, I bet you're also scared about the "rise of far right" in Europe too. Get a grip, legit gun owners with ccw will not shoot you for no reason or just because you're a big guy.

>>858642
Someone that's not a retard in this thread, op should listen to you.
>>
>>858184

50% gun owners in the US, 40% in switzerland, 30 % in austria, which are european countries, are you afraid to hike there? No, because it is not a problem with guns, but with negroes, which those two countries in europe donĀ“t have.
>>
>>858184
Just bypass us - we won't miss another Eurofag.
Go to Canada or Mexico instead.
>>
You should be ok, but if a guy in bib overalls offers you a ride in his truck and tells you "yoo sure do got a Purdy mouth" then you are in for trouble.
>>
>>858184
>I fear that if I get in a single altercation with anyone, that they'll pull out a gun, shoot me, and then later claim self defense.
you're a fucking idiot. just stay out, faggot.
>>
>>861043
there's nothing idiotic about it. that's how the U.S is portrayed to us Eurofags. it's not a condemnation, you don't have to take it personally. If I was travelling to the US it's about the only thing that would concern me too.
What's wrong with asking a question about it.
>>858642
is a more balanced approach. From half of the replies here it sounds as though you're a bunch of dangerous loonies who DO overreact to the slightest thing and MIGHT pull a gun on an unsuspecting eurofag.
>>
>>858184
Holy shit you are retarded. Stay away from non white areas and you'll be fine.
>>
See movie "Long Way Round". And they had BMW motorcycles with two support trucks. All the prep they had to do.
How will you get from point A to point B? Bus? Hitchhike? If you're planning on hitchhiking you're signing a death warrant.
Get your shots.
Has anyone done this since the '70s?
>>
Dude wtf? Nobody shoots a backpacker. Also, look at the stats. The only people shooting are niggers killings niggers. America is safe for whites as long as you don't backpack in the hood.
>>
>>861049
There's only around 2000 gun homocides in the US annually, the other 8000 is typically gang violence so just stay away from the poor areas and you'll be fine
>>
>>861049
because if you are hiking out in the middle of nowhere why would someone shoot you when they can gut you with a knife without any noise? you're just a fucking moron that has an irrational fear of inanimate objects.
>>
oh well, more BBQ for the rest of us
>>
>>858184
You are more likely to get shot by the police then a citizen.
>>
>>858184
Maybe you should start on questioning the "knowledge" you think you have.
>>
>>861079
yeah, except that's exactly what he's doing. You know, coming onto a board where there's some Americans and asking a question about it. Questioning the 'knowledge' shoved down our throats by european media outlets. Why so salty?
>>
>>861049
>that's how the U.S is portrayed to us Eurofags.
Did not know that. Here in the States, it's Europe being portrayed poorly by the media with "radical Islam spreading like wildfire" bullshit.

t. Hoosierfag
>>
>>861119
That's not true at all.our media covers up or ignores those stories and only talks about how pepe murders brown people
>>
don't act like you're someone and you'll leave that way perhaps.

just watch out for foreign laws so you don't screw yourself over with something petty,
i wouldn't be overly worried about guns unless you're going to make a scene for people to want to shoot you.

other than that you are at the average percent of death no matter what caution.
>>
just don't come during the summer, thats tourist hunting season.
>>
>>861049
>from half of the replies here
Welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay. But seriously, your chances on stumbling upon ja'quan or billy-joe bob are slim to none in the wilderness,
>>
Better just not go I guess.
>>
>>858564
>isn't the kind of person who would be allowed to carry a gun.
laughing school shootings.jpg
>>
>>861062
>middle of nowhere
>worrying about gun noise
kek
>>
What??
I've backpacked America and had only friendly people who want to help come into contact with me. Granted you might get some dirty looks in California due to the fact that a lot of people there don't know the difference between a backpacker and a homeless person. But if you only go to towns/cities to stock up you'll be absolutely fine.
>>
>>858184
The media says Sweden is full of jihadists and is practically a Caliphate.
Would you be afraid to go to Sweden?
>>
>>858184
Most of our crime happens in small parts of certain cities.
I think it's something like 80% of violent crime that happens in Chicago happens in like 4% of the city.
This is just an example but basically if you just don't go to the ghetto you will be fine.
Being European will be interesting to most locals you meet and I'm sure you will find that most people you talk to will be very friendly.
Just don't go to places like LA and Compton and shit.
>>
>>858196
4chan autocorrects the three letter abbreviation for "to be honest" to desu
>>
>>862567
desu
>>
>>862604
huh
>>
>>858184
Spoken like a true cuck.
>>
>>862620
Spoken like a gun toting shut-in with no idea how to handle a true confrontation.

Overcompensation with guns ā‰  masculinity.
Calling people cucks ā‰  masculinity.
>>
>>858184
>Canadian here,
If you're so scared buy a tactical knife and pistol from a gun show.

>>858185
niggers don't hike, this won't be a problem
>>
>>862643
>What is a strawman

Man it's good to not have to bait people I'll never meet
>>
File: spoting shill guide.png (505KB, 1498x2428px) Image search: [Google]
spoting shill guide.png
505KB, 1498x2428px
>>858649
You are a retarded faggot. Fuck off idiot.
>>
File: poor+little+white+boy.jpg (75KB, 380x540px) Image search: [Google]
poor+little+white+boy.jpg
75KB, 380x540px
Hello, I have come from the future to show you a video of OP's trip. We are not sure where it took place but theories are Haiti, South Africa or Chicago.
>>
>>862738
Interesting.
A psychic told me he will be the author of an amazing autobiography by the title of "Pounded in My Butt by My Own Butt." A bright future for the lad
>>
>>858184
I've travelled to Virginia a few times and was always safe. I've been "threatened" two or three times, but it was more of a casual threat, like "hey I like you and all, but no I won't let you stay at my house, and if I see you on my property I'll shoot you with my shotgun"
A joke, really. You should probably just sleep at a motel.
>>
>>858185
This right here actually.
>>
>>858649
Amazing counter arguments.
>>
>>858184
City: Don't go to ghettos or the bad parts of the city (depending on the area, you might be able to go during the day, but never at night).

Country: Don't trespass. Don't trespass. "I can camp here." "That's a neat photo opportunity." No you can't, don't trespass. Private property laws in the U.S. are not like they are in quite a bit of Europe. Don't plan on going on any private property... ever. Sometimes you can ask permission, but there are plenty of parks (local, state, and national), and other areas to see, so you don't need to ask permission to be on private land unless you have a very good reason. Don't approach a house that looks like a drug refuge or Jim Bob's deep in the woods where they don't get much traffic. Otherwise you should be perfectly fine. Just remember, property rights are different and just plan on never going on private property without express permission (and don't plan on wasting time asking permission, just go somewhere public). Never ever ever ever trespass.
>>
>>858564
Not allowed to carry a gun, lol.
>>
As long as you dont come off as a vulnerable white boy with no common sense then you should be fine.
>>
>>858185
Not to be rascist but he's right. If u are white stay out of the shitty parts of big cities. You're good if you stay south of the mason/dixon where the real americans live. Its not as bad as people make it out to be. Ive drove a truck all over america. Theres not much chance of a gunfight when everyone knows knows your packing.

You can get a good tazer for defense if u wanna. My buddy is a proffessional fighter. Said the worst pain he been in was being tazed from some 90 pound bitch. Lol. Some dude tried to start a fight and accidently falcon pumch the bitch next to him. All he heard was yelling and saw her down. He comenced to beat the fuck out of 3 guys and then get a million volts in his ass.
>>
>>861023
Dun nuh neer neer neer neer neer. Neer neer neeeeer.

One thing u have to do is go backroading with a bunch of rednecks. It is the way of my people
>>
>>858184
If your in the /out areas and away from the cities you'll be fine. Just respect the land and locals and you'll be fine. Stick away from the Appalachians and moonshiners
>>
>>862516

>bullied, hormonal teens on SSRIs
>representative of the entire nation

don't forget the odd false flag here and there.
>>
I live in California a strict gun law state so the only time I see firearms were on cops.

Not sure about the other states as I have seen youtube videos of idiots open carrying rifles. They even carried them into stores and even a police station wearing tactical gear.
>>
>>862567
desu
>>
>>866524
>that whole post
lmao

fucking california, man.
>>
>>858564
>you've been conditioned to think the USA is a warzone. visit them, you'll discover the truth

The truth being, we prefer to keep our warzones in other people's countries.
>>
It's safe here. The only really dangerous parts are poorer areas in very large cities. A lot of gang related violence stays within/between gangs, there's not a whole lot of muggings and the like in anywhere that can be described as not shitty. Don't leave your stuff unattended in public anywhere.

You will likely not even get into an altercation with a single person, even if you make a ruckus at a bar. We definitely have more of a "leave me the fuck alone" culture here than other countries. People that are legally concealing a firearm are also the least likely people to shoot you, oddly enough. Every concealed carry class pretty much drills into you that if you are carrying, you have to be nicer to everybody because now they have a legal leg-up on you by saying "we..well... HE HAD A GUN! He was intimidating me!" if you so much as call them a bad name.

If you see a tacticool mallninja in an open carry state, just avoid them. Not because they may shoot you but because they're 99% likely to be an autistic man-baby that you really don't want to get stuck talking to about anything.

Do you plan on hiking any public parks or publicly managed land? If so, I would double check which places allow hunting and what manner of hunting will be taking place during your visit. Typically, hunting seasons are divided into times for bow hunters and firearm hunters to minimize problems. If it is a hunting season, you will probably see somebody hunting if you are in a game area, it's a good idea to greet them, give them an idea of where you plan on being in the area and they'll likely tell you where they will be so you can avoid getting in each other's ways.

If you are backpacking through the cities, like I said, avoid the bad areas, they will be obvious with run down buildings, crappy homes, abandoned businesses and such. Really, everybody fucking drives, if you're on foot, the thing that is most likely to kill you is some dumbass not watching the road.
>>
It's not the guns you need fear, it's the dumb ass Amerifats.
>>
Even in huge cities, even at night, as long as there's a handful of normal people doing things in an area, it's absolutely safe.

Don't trespass if you see a sign saying "don't trespass." As far as getting shot goes, trespassing on private property is pretty high up on the list of things that will lead to that. We are very protective of private property.

Pretty much like any other developed nation: if you aren't a dick, you will either be treated well or at least left alone.

A small side note: If you plan on going to Alaska, their suicide rate skews their intentional homicide numbers because it's so damn high. Try not to get depressed and kill yourself.
>>
File: party01.jpg (79KB, 395x552px) Image search: [Google]
party01.jpg
79KB, 395x552px
>>
Australian who's been to the US several times here. No one's ever pulled a gun on me. Have you ever traveled before? If so, just use that common sense you've acquired. For some reason people leave their country for the first time and do things in foreign countries they'd never be stupid enough to do in their own country like fall for obvious shell game scams. Don't take risks you wouldn't take in your country and you'll be fine.

Gun crime is going down all over the western world, US included. You're being fed propaganda about mass shootings, but the amount of people who actually die in mass shootings is so low as to be practically zero. There's virtually no chance you will be shot that way.
>>
If you're doing anything /out/ related, >>858642 is correct. Outside the big cities gun crime is nonexistent and people will just be curious because of your accent
>>
>>862670
>pistol from a gun show

Go ahead and do this, they'll realize you're not from the US and spend some nice time in federal prison.
>>
>>858184
>sensible
>civilian carriers
choose one
>>
>>861584
>billy-joe bob are slim to none in the wilderness,
>i have never been to the Appalachian trail
>>
File: 1466374350519.jpg (133KB, 800x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1466374350519.jpg
133KB, 800x1116px
>>858184
Gunowners are probably the nicer people to meet in the US, just stay away from dindu noggings.
>>
>>864251
How is the truth racist?

It's just a fact. Besides, none of the cities in the US are worth visiting at all. They are full of rude assholes and have nothing interesting to see
>>
>>858184
Without black people, our per capita violent crime rate would equal Belgium's, and our per capita gun ownership rate would actually increase.

Niggers are the problem. Just like in Haiti. Just like in South Africa. Just like everywhere niggers are. So just avoid niggers and you'll be at least as safe as if you were backpacking through Belgium.

Oh, and stop believing your media's un-informed propaganda.
>>
>>862604
>>866836
Newfags lurk more pls

baka desu senpai
>>
>>868268
He's a virtue signalling faggot. And a retard for doing it as anon. Kudos to the edumacation system I guess
>>
>>858184
It's very inflated

You should be much more concerned about west Nile, Lyme disease, or breaking your ankle while hiking
>>
File: Kobold Bard.jpg (8KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold Bard.jpg
8KB, 168x200px
>>858184
Are you retarded?
>>
>>858184
I call it bullshit.

If you were big, people would naturally tend to fuck off and keep cool.

That being said, outside of the city, there is not many African Americans, so crimes are not common.
>>
>>858649
>110k rapefugees
>implying God Emperor Trump doesn't win the election
>implying American liberal "cultural refugees" won't flood to Canada and Europe
>>
>>862516
>implying you don't have to be 21 in most states to purchase a handgun
>implying you don't have to be 18 to purchase a long gun in most states

You are one of the same motherfuckers I goose-stepping in the Hillary Youth a few weeks ago, aren't you?
>>
For a more serious answer than these people. If you're backpacking you won't need to worry. Backpacking is in nature so unless you plan on going through someone's private property without their permission, you should be fine.
>>
>>868252
Funny
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.