[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/ nation/2016/09/13/trial-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (116KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 620x413px
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/09/13/trial-begin-protesters-oregon-refuge-standoff/90298366/

The trial for the first batch of The Malheur wildlife refuge stand off co-conspirators started on Tuesday with Ryan Bundy deciding to be his own lawyer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/13/quick-look-at-oregon-standoff-defendants-set-for-trial.html

>Shawna Cox
>The 60-year-old from Kanab, Utah, was in the truck with Arizona rancher Robert "LaVoy" Finicum before he was fatally shot by Oregon State Police. Cox sued the U.S government after her arrest, seeking damages "from the works of the devil in excess of $666,666,666,666.66." A judge allowed Cox to act as her own lawyer but warned her not to question the authority of the court or take other "screwball positions."

>Kenneth Medenbach
>The only Oregonian on trial, Medenbach, 63, has been fixated on whether U.S. District Judge Anna Brown took the appropriate oath of office when she was appointed in 1999. He's repeatedly brought it up at pretrial hearings and filed a lawsuit on the issue that was quickly dismissed. He's from the city Crescent.

>David Fry
>Known as "The Last Holdout," the 28-year-old from Blanchester, Ohio, surrendered Feb. 11 after a lengthy negotiation that was carried live on a YouTube feed. He talked of UFOs, requested pizza and marijuana, and threatened to kill himself. Defense attorney Per Olson has said a mental health expert will testify that Fry suffers from a personality disorder characterized by paranoia, and it intensifies under stress.

So, how many years do you think they'll get? Were they right? Wrong?
>>
They should probably all be sent to a psych ward.
>>
>>857014
>how many years
Probably 10 max.

>Were the right? Wrong?
Wrong, and also idiots.

And I happen to agree that the Federal government owns too much land and generally oversteps the authority afforded to it by the Constitution, but occupying a wildlife refuge and spouting complete batshit gibberish conspiracy is not the way to advance that cause.

>inb4 /out/ gets mad their welfare land be taken away
>>
>>857024
At least Fry should. I listened to his YouTube broadcasts and he was definitely paranoid and delusional, and not in a "oh they just don't agree with me" sort of way. He reminded me a lot of a schizophrenic room mate I had and the scary shit he would say.
>>
>>857014
>Bundy and many ranchers say tough federal restrictions on grazing and other uses threaten their way of life.

Change your way of life. Stagnation is death. Life is change.

But yeah, he sounds like a kook who needs to never have children.
>>
>>857035
The BLM charges way less for grazing rights than a private land owner would. Bundy essentially wants to graze for free on public lands. The irony here is that he hates on "welfare niggers" while breaking the law to receive free shit from the government and threatening endangered species while he's at it. It's really too bad the federal government didn't finish murdering all the Mormons while they had the chance.
>>
>>857014
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
Meanwhile dogs and riot police are being set on unarmed protesters and reporters and aid workers are being arrested for doing their jobs and nobody says a damn thing
>>
>>857098
They got a judge to temporary hault the pipeline, I assume that's what you're talking about.
>>
>>857098
Would you set your dogs on niggers who came in your house uninvited? Would you call the police? Or would you offer them crumpets?
>>
>>857192
That doesn't really change the fact that active suppression of information, violence by both private and government agencies and the federal government breaking its own laws and treaties is happening and neo-conservatives are suspiciously silent despite the fact that they claim to be against all those things.
>>
>>857192
No, the judge actually denied their request for a temporary halt. The pipeline is on hold because the DoJ requested other federal agencies place project under review, and they only did that after information about police and security actions against the protests started leaking out through non-mainstream channels.

So basically after they couldn't keep a lid on it anymore.
>>
>>857323
What are you on about mate
>>
>>857375
Nothing important
>>
http://koin.com/2016/09/15/at-trial-ammon-bundy-dresses-as-political-prisoner/

>Ammon Bundy showed up in court Thursday wearing his jail scrubs instead of courtroom attire. In a statement read by his attorney, Bunday said he wanted to drop the facade he is presumed innocent and dress like the political prisoner he is.

He's sure being theatrical about this whole thing. I wonder if he thinks he can still weasel out of the charges.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.