[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do most people hike fast as fuck like the goal is just finishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (480KB, 1532x1547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480KB, 1532x1547px
Why do most people hike fast as fuck like the goal is just finishing the trail?

This is why I really don't like going /out/ with groups...I like to take my time and stop and go off trail to look at birds or wild flowers or other things. I really don't get the point of hiking just for the sake of covering distance, but maybe someone can explain?
>>
File: 20160813_153121.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_153121.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>855200
Same, i hike alone so i don't have to worry about catching up to someone or them catching up to me.
>>
While I also prefer to hike slowly some people utilize trails as a form of cardio which is why some people run on trails
>>
>>855200
God this post reminded me of a friend from the Caribbean I went camping with last year.

>first time hiking with friends, not alone
>hiking day comes, we split weight evenly everything is going well during the drive
>get on the trail (mind you it's a 3 hour hike only to the site, and 3 hours back to the parking lot) and suddenly the one friend puts himself in his zone
>"have to keep up the pace or the night will reach us" (it's 2pm at the time)
>give him benefit of the doubt, think to myself it's better to let him play leader instead of causing unnecessary turmoil
>only times we stop in the trail is when he wants to take pictures of something specific, but never stops for any of us when we want to do it or when we are drinking some water
>pretty much forces us through the scenery of the hike, just so we can get to the site early

it was honestly a pretty shitty walk but I was being very optimistic since it was my first time with companions.

cont.
>>
>>855297
>get to site very early
>get everything set up, okay cool we have more free time
>think to myself maybe he wasn't wrong, no worries
>immediately after tents and everything is set, he gives us each a job and a schedule
>wut? i just play along, the others are getting visibly annoyed at this point too but we all endure for the sake of being /out/
>start feeling tension at this point, i'm the type to go off once I get started so I decide to just swallow my pride and let this guy have his moment. I can just come out by myself alone like any other past time
>distanced myself enough from the group to enjoy the first night
>morning comes, very cold
>I wake up the earliest, decide to make a backwards fire so we can relax when everyone just wakes up
>guy comes out, without a fucking word takes the firewood from my hand (seriously)
>this triggers me hard, I ask him what the fuck his problem is
>laughs in my face telling me I have no idea how to make a fire, to just let him take over
>at this point I'm offended as fuck and I just unload all the bullshit he had us endure throughout the trip. I tell him exactly what I was doing and my technique was beyond his standard book-knowledge bullshit he was trying
>no internet at site, no way to just immediately show him what I wanted to do
>friend is convinced I have no idea what I'm talking about and continues to scrape bits of bark dust covered in fucking frost
>others wake up, get involved
>after hearing both our sides of the situation, other friends obviously tell my friend he's wrong and one of them also tells him how annoying he was on the trail here
>caribbean friend is now offended, lets me finish the fire (Which was successful and lasted over 6 hours, as I had already assumed it would) we eat our food, spend the rest of the 2nd day doing our own thing

cont.
>>
>>855298
>caribbean friend tells us all we are going back the next day instead of the planned 4 days (he's the driver, so we're pretty much his bitch unfortunately)
>too annoyed to argue about it, just tell myself I'll come to the same spot next weekend by myself nothing lost
>other friends are extremely upset, it was the first camping trip for one of them so I feel guilty for being part of what ruined it for him
>hike back is the same as the first, caribbean doesnt stop for anyone, not even to take pictures anymore
>awkward silence the whole hike back + drive back, pay the caribbean my share of the money for the trip + food, get back home completely unsatisfied

Why are people like this? Now someone please correct me if I'm wrong but he was such an insufferable faggot about it all, it really ruined the experience. I tried to be calm about it for as long as I could, but the fucker laughed in my face about my fire making knowledge. What type of dickhead does that? Funniest part:

>Get home, immediately look up videos of an upside down fire for him to see and to learn the purpose of them
>I send him over 4 links all with different information regarding the fire (2 videos)
>facebook tells you when he "sees" a message, so i know he read it but he never replied

I know at this point it was a little childish of me but I sure felt satisfied knowing he realized he was wrong.

Sorry for the long ass rant but maybe someone can relate to this story. I don't know why some people act this way.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.