[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

seeing as /out/ seems to be 80% people who have never spent a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 16

File: 600_8578702.jpg (112KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
600_8578702.jpg
112KB, 600x450px
seeing as /out/ seems to be 80% people who have never spent a night outside in their lives taking advice from 19% dudes who dick around in the woods on weekends with milsurp and consider themselves "outdoorsmen" I think it's time for an /out/ PSA thread.

>if your pack weighs more than 25lbs, youre an idiot
>if you carry a hatchet or saw innawoods and you dont have a specific purpose for it, youre an idiot
>milsurp gear is only acceptable for hobo-tier budgets and even then there are usually better options
>any kind of pack with MOLLE or with "tactical" or "assault" in the name is cringey and a bad decision for civilian backpackers
>external frames in 2016 are a bad decision
>GoRuck is overpriced gimmicky trash
>a knife longer than 3 inches is a compensation tool
>sleeping pads are for insulation and you are not hardcore for not using one, just dumb
>military boots are unnecessarily heavy and not even used in the military unless required
>you should use a cannister stove on the trail, youre not daniel boone, fire cooking is not practical
>camping and hiking is not as dangerous as this board pretends and you dont need to make an advice thread for your first weekend trip

anything i missed?
>>
>>855061
Actually doing it and not talking about it
>>
>>855061

>Hiking not dangerous for beginners
>fire cooking is not practical

Bait?

>80% people who have never spent a night outside
>>
>>855065
>Hiking not dangerous for beginners
walking out in the woods to camp for a night or two in your local state park in good weather is not remotely dangerous and doesnt require ELITE /OUT/ SKILLS
Correct. There are people on this board who think they are going to collect timber, start a fire, wait for coals, hang a pot from a stick or something every time they need to cook a pot of noodles
>>
>>855061

If you're a lady or low test manlet sure otherwise 50+ lbs is very doable.
>>
>>855076
>7 mile a day "backpacker" spotted
Youre an idiot because you overpacked. A 50+ lb pack is boy scout tier
>>
>>855061
/out/ is a slow board. It's mostly people from other boards that have wandered in looking to get into outdoorsy stuff, rather than a group of enthusiasts like /k/ or /n/. Though I agree there is a lot of bad info peddled around on here.
>>
>>855082
10 per day on average. Is it a race? What works for you isn't the standard though champ.
>>
>>855103
It's not what "works for me", it's common practice among actual backpackers. Sure it's doable for a weekend, but go hike the AT or PCT with your 50+ lb high test pack and see how far you make it. The point is giving general advice to newcomers, and the backpacking community outside of this board is in near universal agreement a 50lb pack is a sign of incompetence.
>>
>>855108
>thru hiking is the only type of backpacking there is and therefore the only type to be discussed on /out/
Yeah,no
>actual backpackers
Get off your high horse faggot.
>doable for a weekend
I am generally out for a minimum of seven days when hiking with that much weight.

Lightweight is important for the PCT or AT but not everyone thru hikes those trails. It's really not hard to understand.
>>
>>855076
What the hell are you carrying that's 50lbs?

I'm not even close to an ultralight guy, and I don't have super high end stuff, and I still only carry 30 lbs which includes 4L of water.
>>
File: DSCN3130.jpg (162KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3130.jpg
162KB, 768x1024px
>>855146
Help me out here, how do I reduce my pack weight? I desperately need your assistance and approval.
>>
when it comes to backpacking, to each their own. The group of people I commonly go out with have a wide variety of needs and wants, and are all experienced backpackers. So, stop being an elitist.

One friend carries around twenty pounds, while another is usually around fifty. I carry between 30-35 lbs, and we all pack differently.

Mileage is also irrelevant. 7 miles with a lot of elevation gain is hardly the same as a ten mile hike on gentle sloping trails.

With that being said, one area of backpacking that I always try to improve on is the food!! I don't like spending $7-$10 on a bag of dehydrated, sodium infused "food". While I know that fire cooking isn't as easy, I try to freeze a steak and cook it on the fire the first night because a steak on the trail is just so damn good.

Does anybody have any good "real food" meals they take? I'd love to hear them
>>
>>855155
Miss more shots and you'll be carrying less bullets.

You're welcome.

Seriously though, I want to sheep hunting real bad but I have a bad heart so I doubt I could do it.
>>
>>855155
What do you generally pack? The easiest way to reduce weight is with your pack, sleeping bag and pad
>>
>He doesn't cook with a campfire

You can't even get one started can you?
>>
>>855061
If we are talking about backpacking in decent weather then I'm not sure why you would need to cook at all. I would buy a stove if I wanted to go backpacking at sub zero temps, but otherwise I consider it completely unnecessary and just generally pretty gay to carry one around.
>>
>>855061
a lot of what you're saying is no doubt true, but unless you came here to vent...well, you get the point.
>>
>>855061
>>you should use a cannister stove on the trail, youre not daniel boone, fire cooking is not practical
into the trash hipster
>>
>>855061
>>if your pack weighs more than 25lbs, you're an idiot
never went winter backpacking.
only venture /out/ in fair weather.

i've personally carried more than 25lbs. of food on longer trips into areas where resupplies were not an viable option.
>>
File: 100_1882.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
100_1882.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>855061

Agree with practically everything you said except for these two OP.
>you should use a cannister stove on the trail, youre not daniel boone, fire cooking is not practical
Not its not these days, but having a built fire is a big morale booster. Nothing quite like sitting around a fire at night. And if its there....Why not try to cook a meal or two on it?

eh... There nothing wrong with a 5-6 inch blade for dicking around with. Carrying an AR15 or an SKS for a simple camping trip is more a compensation tool.
>>
>>855061

External and internal frames have their pros and cons. I don't think it's fair to say internal is simply better than external.

Some of your list is good but it's mostly your personal opinion and preferences, which is fine, but don't claim them as objective facts.
>>
Here's a few of my personal PSA's:

>knot tying and rope knowledge is extremely important and tends to be overlooked
>tarps are incredibly versatile and should be used more often
>machetes aren't really useful unless you're in an area with dense, green overgrowth. e.g, a jungle
>you should always pack a pair of steel tweezers and nail clippers!
>LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS (protects your forearms from aging badly)
>knee pads are a godsend
>fine mud makes excellent sunscreen if you need it
>pre-cooked, salted meat lasts a long time, and the sodium can be diluted in soup
>lrn2jerky
>also learn primitive cooking in general. Most foods were made to last long periods on the trail and are very cheap.
>>
>>855061
This post is arrogant, pretentious, and elitist.

I also agree with every single point.

Well done OP.
>>
>>855430
I like internal frames better, but external frames are definitely still worth a look.
>>
File: NCM_0204.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
NCM_0204.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>855428
>Carrying an AR15 or an SKS for a simple camping trip is more a compensation tool
SHALL
>>
>>855606
Sorry 'bout your tiny dick friendo.
>>
>>855636
Might not necessarily be re: guns or whatever, but, could be better training for someone who doesn't know what it's like to hike/ruck with a weapon. Another body for your hiking trip.
>>
>>855061
>25 pounds clearly you've never went out for very long up north. Been out for a 2 week trip and I was packing over 25 pounds in dehydrated food.
>Saw/hatchet as the name/tool describes its uses.
>Kay? My pack had word assault in it doesn't mean shit. Its a small pack designed for light weights and tight fitting.
>Each has their uses. External is great for heavy loads as well as hunting.
> No clue what this is.
>A knife has many uses. My gutting knife is 7 inches and I use it for gutting small game as well as fish and skinning. Slim and razor sharp. Standard carry a Esee-3
>Dont use it one but if someone wants too who cares. Being out is about being out and not being some rambo faggot.
>I wear steel toe boots. Comfortable weight a little more but I am perfectly use to it and when you break your toe and start bitching I will be laughing.
>Each has their own uses. Small twig fires work great and are easy. Collect a 2 foot piece of wood and a small nest and bam you got water boiling. (Snake hole fire)
>Where I live wolves, bears, cougars, lynx, grizzlies as well as black bears are very common. It is actually quit dangerous if you forget to put up a bear bag. Otherwise I agree with this statement. Still better to ask for advice.
Conclusion 10/10 bait should get some replies.
>>
File: 1458637332636.gif (2MB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1458637332636.gif
2MB, 400x265px
>>855061
I am U.S. Army Ret. bullet catcher who has been camping and bivouacking for about 30 years; all over the globe. Your 'What Grinds My Gears' assessment is pretty spot on, especially with regard to the military equipment. The military is amazingly good at throwing money at things that are amazingly inefficient then ordering everyone around them to suffer. Generally, issued equipment is over engineered, poorly selected materials, awkward and heavy. Examples would be essentials: tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, backpack/ruck sack.

I have four tents; two that are 4-season and two that are 3-season (all are less than two years old). One 4-season sleeps three and the other sleeps two. One 3-season sleeps two and the other sleeps one. This one person tent is a U.S. Army issue tent that is supposed to be high speed and frankly is as heavy as my 4-season tent that sleeps three- I'm glad I didn't pay too much for it...

Sleeping pads and sleeping bags...you must purchase the absolute best you can afford; it really makes a difference. Do you want to lay awake all night fighting to stay warm or do you want to zonk out and drool on your pillow? I find myself using Exped mats (light weight models to down insulated) and I have three North Face Summit Series bags that range from -20C (and water proof) to +15C (and water resistant).

Backpacks are critical because if they fit poorly, the 25lbs you speak of will absolutely destroy your shoulder muscles and you'll be all knotted up after hiking most of the day (which may take more time to recover). I'd recommend Arc'Teryx because they fit well, are light weight for what they are, have an outstanding warranty and some come completely waterproof. If your pack fits well and you have it properly loaded, you could ruck 40 to 50lbs without much issue. Use trekking poles if you must- they are very helpful. Side note: They also have a MilSurp line of packs and severe weather clothing, but poorfags beware.
>>
>>855157
What are your tastes? Go from there. You can pack for variety without adding a ton of weight. Most importantly I budget my caloric intake for the day, then break it down by meal. Without going into too much detail study foods and their weight to calorie to better understand the ratios. This will maximize your caloric intake and mitigate additional weight. Also, I take a water filtration system with me because it's weight is lighter than the weight in water that I'd need to hike in to boil foods.
>>
>>855061
Woot! I hate sleeping outside and I'm actually in that 20%!

Where's my medal?
>>
>>855428
>SKS
assuming you live in the one country in the world where an SKS isn't dirt cheap, but those things are the quintessential bush-beater rifle. Only thing I assume when I see someone with one of those is that they're too poor/stingy to pony up an extra couple hundred for a mid-end bolt rifle.
>>
>>855061
>>if your pack weighs more than 25lbs, youre an idiot

My SAR pack weighs 34Lbs, am I an idiot too?
>>
>Spent 7 months wandering around america
>slept outside every night
>didn't cary a gun or hatchet
>still alive
If your not an idiot and stay alert, run-ins with wildlife are 100% avoidable. Also you people are overly paranoid most people will trip over themselves trying to help if you need it, thieves stay away from you if you have nothing, and psychopaths are like people on this board in that they never leave the house.
>>
>>855734
Yes
>>
>>855082
A hike is as ling as the hiker likes. This is no dickwaving contest who hikes further.

Fags like you have to make everything a competition, thats disgusting and sad the same time. Most ppl go hiking to forget the everyday oressure of work etc. And then homos like you write shit like

>Hurr ya not a hiker if you dint hike 25 miles every day

Get fucked bro.
>>
>>855737
Well, I guess I am okay with that, but at least I am going /out/ and you're probably not.
>>
>>855061
Yeah no. Depends on the length of your outing and where you are, how often you stop for water, etc. 40lbs with water and food is pretty good when you're going for a week. I carry 5L of water capacity (3L camelbak+2 nalgenes). That's 11lbs in water alone.

>external frames in 2016 are a bad decision.
Wrong again. External frames are perfectly acceptable packs, especially since they started making aluminum frames. They're cheap, available, and effective.

If you have girl sized hands and a folding knife that small is comfortable. Most folders comfortable in my hand usually have 3-4" blades. But yes, the fixed blade dick extensions are dumb.

It's practical, but it's not very convenient if you don't know what you're doing. Generally I agree though.

>>855108
>go hike the AT or PCT with your 50+ lb high test pack and see how far you make it. The point is giving general advice to newcomers

I've done hundreds of miles on the AT with a 40lb pack and we averaged about 12 miles a day. NEW COMERS aren't going to have the equipment to have a 25lb pack.
>>
>>855061
what percentage of /out/ is made up of the arrogant know it alls?
>>855564
>>
>>855750
You're only an idiot because you're on 4chan. You're probably a nice guy. I'm an idiot too.
>>
many of the points made by OP are valid , but to so arrogantly suggest that there is a one size fits all approach to being /out/ i don't get.
if there was one thing about /out/ that i find objectionable is the opinionated insistence by some that their way is the only way.
maybe your way is better for you , but then if mine works for me how is your way better?
it would seem to me that if you're in the 80% that OP suggest is on /out/ look for advice, i hope
you'll feel that my post are only one possible solution and "my" way is only one of many that are /out/ there.
with over 30 years of /out/door experience to draw on i feel any advice i offer will be valid to most, but no doubt will be rejected by some.
that's just the way it is in the "real" world.
>>
>>855606
Got one too bud. But unless Im practicing for the end of the world. Ill just stick to a CC-ing a .357 revolver for camping/hiking.

>>855669
Well they used to be cheap lol. I could probably build an AR now cheaper if I get lucky on scoring the right parts. I just dont see the need to bring a long-arm on a hiking/camping trip. I dont think it send the right message to people you may pass on the trail. Not to mention just one more thing to lug around.
>>
>>855061

Why is that?
>>
>>855061
it all depends on what trip you're on
>>milsurp gear is only acceptable for hobo-tier budgets and even then there are usually better options
it all depends on what surplus item you're bringing, a mess kit for example is usually a good surplus item to pick up
not every surplus item is an old, moldy camo jacket
>>any kind of pack with MOLLE or with "tactical" or "assault" in the name is cringey and a bad decision for civilian backpackers
if this is only about how it looks, you are the idiot
>>a knife longer than 3 inches is a compensation tool
only hikers say dumb shit like that, because all they do is walk and look at things, they rarely interact with nature, animals etc. (fishing, hunting as examples)
>>military boots are unnecessarily heavy and not even used in the military unless required
spoken like someone who only cares about walking, probably on a dry trail with no vegetation in the way
how about a good sturdy boot when you're off the beaten path, one that keeps you warm and dry when you set your foot in wet areas
>>you should use a cannister stove on the trail, youre not daniel boone, fire cooking is not practical
fire cooking is comfy, you boring autist
>>
>>855061
if your pack weighs more than 15 lbs you're in the basket of deplorables.
faggot.
>>
>>855654
this

climate, terrain, distance, objectives, activities, etc. Any one one of these can greatly affect the habits and gear seen among /out/ers

>tldr op prob bait
>>
>>855997
the answer is

op is probably baiting you
and, although external-frames are disadvantageous in some settings, they are absolutely sill functional and are often an excellent choice for extended hunting expeditions.
external frames
>>
>the way I enjoy the outdoors is the only way to enjoy the outdoors

I'm alright with giving advice, but you're the one being cringey here dude.
>>
>>855061
Obviously you're the idiot for above statement.
There are many reasons to go with more weight, pretty much any kind of harsh weather/environment, few places for water resupply, activities that are not exactly hiking on well maintained trails and so on.

>milsurp gear is only acceptable for hobo-tier budgets and even then there are usually better options
Mostly true, thought there are some exceptions.

>>any kind of pack with MOLLE or with "tactical" or "assault" in the name is cringey and a bad decision for civilian backpackers
Yup

dead wrong, it is the wrong decision for hiking on well maintained trails.

No clue what that.

Again, only in the case you're heading out for hiking only.

>sleeping pads are for insulation and you are not hardcore for not using one, just dumb
Pretty accurate.

>military boots are unnecessarily heavy [for hiking or most other civilian activities] and not even used in the military unless required
ftfy

Is this guy for real?
>>
>>855061
Cont
>camping and hiking is not as dangerous as this board pretends and you dont need to make an advice thread for your first weekend trip

Tell that to the 5+ people a year who get dead hiking in a 150km radius from where I live. And the thousands requiring some kind of outside aid.

I think this was by far the dumbest statement in a pretty much dumb post. Sure, hiking the AT, among thousands others, in season, is probably not very dangerous.

I consider myself to be a pretty experienced hiker etc etc, with over 10,000 kms behind me, still whenever I go hiking in a new environment I look for advice.
It could be bugs, snakes, some types of bushes you want to stay away from, creaks that swell with glacial waters as it gets later in the day, a part of the trail that experiences some rockfalls, information about water sources, fast arriving storms and so on.
(not to mention more serious stuff like flahs floods - deserts and snow conditions - chances of an avalanche...)

Don't get me wrong, 99%+ of the time most of these things don't matter as far as survival goes (bar water sources). It does though when you spend enough time /out/ there. If not to outright save your life, then to make your trip a lot more enjoyable.

To me you seem like a guy who is new to hiking and fails to see the true scope of things. Have little out experience bar hiking on well maintained trails in temperate weather.
>>
>>855082
huh... What's the problem with hiking 7 miles a day. And what kind of hiker thinks miles = difficulty? it's just one component, terrain and weather play a significant role, as does the wallet of the hiker involved.
(answer=noob hiker).

>>855108
>but go hike the AT or PCT
Not every trail is the AT and nor the PCT.

>and the backpacking community outside of this board is in near universal agreement...

Perhaps the AT and PCT and similar trail communities. Look, lower weight is better. But absolute numbers, like what you're using, are silly as they ignore the difference of weather and terrain between different parts of the world.

Hell even on the PCT people are using slightly different setups for different sections, resulting in different weight. You can try to extrapolate.
Try to imagine how the PCT experience would change if it lacked all these artificial water resupply points on trail, for example?

Do I really need to spell these things out?
>>
This statements kinda shit. I usually go about 30% of my bodyweight for a weeklong trip leading a group, and around 20-25% for a personal trip. I wouldn't recommend over 25%of bodyweight for people new to hiking.

I try and buy lots of second-hand gear from either opshops/Salvos near known good hiking spots or online, expensive usually means better, but there are ways around it.
Yes, but still do your research, check weather, pack accordingly and make sure there are things like water sources, well maintained tracks and phone reception if you are worried about getting lost.
>>
>>855654
Did he hurt your feelings, anon?
>>
>>855062
Underrated
>>
Yes, personal preference is a thing, but there is such a thing as objective measurements for the suitability of a piece of gear or practice for the vast majority of cases, and a lot of people on this board confuse what "works for them" with what it is generally advisable to do.

Jeans for example. Jeans are objectively not as durable as nylon, heavier, usually not stretchy, take a long time to dry, and dangerous in the cold. People on here use them and they work, and that's fine, but the problem is when they try to pass it off as a good decision resulting from years of experience and not just some guy who doesn't care or think much about his gear. Newfags will not be able to tell the difference. Also I suspect many people on this board reject anything that doesn't appeal to their sense of being a rugged 19th century frontiersman/special ops soldier/their granddad.
>>
File: arhaica3.jpg (133KB, 800x793px) Image search: [Google]
arhaica3.jpg
133KB, 800x793px
I don't like baiting the retard but just some food for thought, the alice pack has something called a ''cargo shelf'', which is rly awesome when you take the pack out of the frame and use it for gathering firewood(mil stuff win).
Ultra lights are homo's who let their black bf carry all the vital shit wile they carry only 20 lbs of condoms and lube around.
Of course op can keep himself warm by ridding Jamals cock ...
>>
>>856358
nope just clearly its bait.
>>
>>855157
Try Mountain House.
>>
>>855964
Fuck off kid.sure you like to imagine carrying a 150 pound pack conquering nature but your dreams are just that
>>
>>856712
>Needing complicated gear to pick up scraps of wood

Geez you tacticool fags are retarded
>>
>>856838
clearly you never went out for more then a day or so... your pathetic.
>>
>>855070
>every time they need to cook a pot of noodles
Ha! - yeah ; call them Sixty-Two minute noodles.
- can of gas and a piezo starter : Click , Whoosh , Cooked. - And the worse the conditions get the more you need that performance.
[sub-freezing days - then you want some sort of Kerosene thing for mammoth heat - but you're an idiot for going to a place like that]
>>
>>855160
>easiest way to reduce weight is with your pack, sleeping bag and pad
EXACKERY : it's easy to shave a fair-bit of weight off a heavy item : 200grams SL-bag, 400grams Pack , 300grams Tent
[but I'm not so sure of the Pad : whether Foam or 3/4 self-inflate they're all very light now]
I took a bomb-proof 1.9kilo tent Alpine summer once - and I was glad I did : Frost some mornings, many hours of rain and then a bleedin' thunder-storm one afternoon [had rocks on the corners of the tent for that one!]
But usually my tent is around 1.1 to 1.3kilos in the forest.
My pack is heavy ; a mass-market store one : Maybe an Osprey is in my future.
Don't forget shoes! : those ridiculous heavy leather things with the bulging rubber sole that thrash your kness , jar your ankles and erode the track are silly : what's that non-metric thing they say? "an ounce on the foot equals a pound on the back" or something : It's no-mistake that fast animals have small feet.
A light strong supportive shoe is what most people need. [probably with some sort of 'waterproof' allegation]
>>
>>855061

>>>milsurp gear is only acceptable for hobo-tier budgets and even then there are usually better options

Whoa...
I will defend the ALICE pack to the death.

>>>military boots are unnecessarily heavy and not even used in the military unless required

Nigga I go to work and right counseling statements and plan ranges. I wear fucking SV2s and Garmont boots. We do wear boots everyday its just stupid.

Everything else is right.
>>
>>855654
lrn 2 greentext faggot
>>
>>855445
What is meant with the long sleeve shirts?? How does your forearms age badly?
>>
>>855061
>25lbs, youre an idiot
Wew m8, you're an idiot.
>>
>>856909
The sun can make your skin look like tanned leather
>>
>>855061
>more than 25lbs
>hatchet or saw
>MOLLE
>3 inches
Either this is gradeA b8 or OP is legitimately retarded. Are you the same OP that made the state ranking thread? If not, you guys should get together.
>>
>>856892
>unless required
some units let you use less gay footwear on a combat deployment, and almost everybody does
>>
>>856330
>dead wrong, it is the wrong decision for hiking on well maintained trails.
no, they are especially bad for hiking off trail. wide, rigid frame that gets caught on brush, throws off your center of balance and doesnt move with you body. the only application for external frames is hauling lots of shit oddly shaped on well maintained trails, like a trail crew
>>
>>857145
Pretty clear that you don't own one.
>>
>>855076
>im so manly cause I dont know how to pack
>>
>>855155
The biggest weight savings you can make are always your backpack, sleeping bag, and tent. The ridgerest is light AF so you dont need another pad.
Aside from that you can ask questions like: how much clothes are you packing? What stove are you using? Is your food dehydrated?
Theres no point in trying to save weight on guns and ammo since im assuming thats more than half the reason you're going /out/. But by saving weight in other parts of your pack you can tote your shooty stuff a lot more comfortably.
>>
>>855155
Maybe try putting the ram on a leash and taking it closer to the trail head before shooting it, that way it uses its own legs and not yours to get back to the batmobile.
>>
>>855061
First, I live in the forest. I was raised on an island in AK, and it's where I feel at home.

If you're going to be more than a few days, it can get heavier for good reason. Packing a seasons worth of supplies has had me packing well over 200 lbs., as had packing game out while hunting.

>if you carry a hatchet or saw innawoods and you dont have a specific purpose for it, youre an idiot

If you don't have a hatchet AND a saw, have fun whittling firewood.

Milsurp gear is usually robust, well-designed, and cheap. My goto bag is milsurp, and I've never found better, at even twice the price.

>any kind of pack with MOLLE or with "tactical" or "assault" in the name is cringey and a bad decision for civilian backpackers

Not cringier than caring more about the name than fumctionality.

External frames are super useful for packing things that won't fit in a bag, and anybody who has ever packed building supplies innawoods would know this. Internal frame packs are for weekenders and tourists.

While you have a point, generally speaking, a good 6"-8" blade can do things my 3" skinning knife can't, such as chop wood.

I eat every day over a fire. If you can't cook over wood, stay home.

Take a sewing kit when you go out. Trivial repairs can really make the difference between comfy and miserable
>>
>>855157
>Real food

Bacon and eggs. Flour for bannock and breading meats. Beans. Onions and garlic. Most of what I eat I pick or kill, from mushrooms (it is important to know what species are good to eat. Don't try your luck unless starving to actual death) greens, to small game and fish. All real food.
>>
>>855159
> Miss more shots and you'll have to carry more bullets .

Ftfy
>>
>>857210
>Milsurp gear is usually robust, well-designed, and cheap. My goto bag is milsurp, and I've never found better, at even twice the price.
spotted the civilian
>>
extremely low quality thread
>>
>>856909
>>856927
If you /out/ frequently with just short-sleeved shirts, your forearms are going to age much faster than the rest of your body, and you increase your risk of skin cancer.
>>
Man this board sucks
>>
>>857257
why would it even make a difference? it's been so long since any military surplus has been released that anyone who used it in active service must be pushing 70.
>>
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many "hiking" and "camping" elitists. You're a bunch of fucking faggy little assholes.
>>
>>857398
what? there is UCP and multicam shit and the new model rucksack in the milsurp store by my house
>>
File: 20160913_175825.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_175825.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>857382
Cavemen walked around with no sleeves I can too

>>857402
He was implying that actual military surplus shit from the actual military is all old shit
>>
>>857406
and I'm saying stuff i used in service two years ago is sold in milsurp stores
>>
>>857406
They also died at age 22 of wooly mammoth bites
>>
>>855061
Ethnocentrism: the Thread.
>>
>>856116
If you pack anything at all, you're the dumbest person on this board.
>>
>>857556
If you even step outside your house without being butt naked and having the breeze jingle your ballsack you're a fucking gay cunt and should fart in your own mouth. Having any possessions is for SCUM TRYHARD WANNABEES
>>
>>855061
I've been on reasonably long hikes quite comfortably with a 40lb pack. If we're talking about 'beginners', they're not going to be hiking the AT.

If you carry anything for no reason at all it isn't very clever

Milsurp gear isn't bad and has its place. It's a personal preference thing. I like my ALICE pack a lot, but also like my Osprey Volt.

External frames have their place, too. Again it's personal preference and depends on the task at hand.

Knife length is subjective and, again, depends on preference and the task at hand. If you need to save on every ounce and won't be using a knife because you're doing an extremely long hike, bring a tiny little knife. If you're going to be doing any hunting of bushcraft or whatever, a bigger knife might be necessary.

Don't need a sleeping pad if you're in a hammock or it's super hot, like in Australia.

I will compromise on heavier footwear for durability and waterproof-ness. I've had lightweight hiking boots spring leaks, but my Rocky Bearclaw leather boots have been through hell and back and never let me down.

You can get a lot of cooking done on a fire, and AGAIN it depends on personal preference and the individual situation.

Being far away from civilisation without the comforts of home can be dangerous for anyone, especially a beginner who doesn't know how to pack and underestimates water requirements or the weather.
At the end of the day, people go outdoors to enjoy themselves. That's the purpose. It's not a competition. Get off whatever high horse you're on. People just want to have fun. You just want to have fun outdoors. That's the point of it.
If you want to bring a twenty inch knife and only cook on wood fires on your 30 mile hike, but you enjoy doing it and are happy to pack the weight or happy to adjust accordingly, who actually gives a fuck?
Who fucking cares, as long as everyone enjoys themselves?

>Inb4 "u never go outside"
Pic related is me hiking up the Dart river in New Zealand
>>
>>855734
no because he didnt say

>if your SAR pack weighs more than 25lb

When you HAVE to carry the weight it's not an issue.

Go rockclimbing backcountry? Might be carrying 30kg, but you can sure as shit guarantee the camping gear I'm carrying WITH that is as light as possible.

What most of you retards don't realise is it's teh CONTEXT of the weight.

If you gotta carry the weight then carry it.
>>
>>857555
explain.
>>
>but no doubt will be rejected by some.

>Fuck off kid.sure you like to imagine carrying a 150 pound pack conquering nature but your dreams are just that.
i rest my case.
>>
>>855061

You and 80% of this thread are retarded.

>your PSA points are snobby as fuck
>you're not trying to give advice to beginners
>you're bitching because someone with milsurp fucked your wife and daughter on the trail
>>
>>855070
depends where you are camping. In the eastern woodlands / Appalachia for example, gas stoves are absolutely not need. if you climbing on a glacier in the Himalayas, yeah you need a gas stove 100%.
>>
>>855108
>and the backpacking community outside of this board is in near universal agreement a 50lb pack is a sign of incompetence.

because yuppies and normies hike the same fucking spots every time like its a theme park or some shit. if you told them to walk into the bush and just wing it their heads would explode.
>>
>>857644
I am not that guy but the most common mistake people make giving outdoor advice is assuming people are going out in the same environments and situations as them.
>>
I'm glad my /out/ friends aren't as assholish as you guys. Go outside and have fun and quit being so autistic about it. People go about things different ways, get over it.
>>
File: logic.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
logic.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>855061
Hiking is too dangerous which is why I just talk about it online.
>>
File: 1461498914357.gif (655KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1461498914357.gif
655KB, 300x168px
Here's a PSA if you didn't already know: always bring a garbage bag. Shit's so cash when you wanna lay down without getting wet or dirty. Obviously has a host of other potential uses too and it weighs just about fuck all.
>>
Here's a tip. I take a sheet of 3mil plastic sheeting. Always called it visquine. Take 50' of paracord,and using pine cones ( or rocks) you can make a shelter very quickly that is completely waterproof, and only weighs a few ounces.

Think multipurpose. Paracord can be used for dragging a load, making a sling, or hanging food where bears can't get it.

A small sewing kit with a couple different buttons, needles both large and medium, some pins, and a few safety pins can really be the difference between comfy and miserable,as well as feed you, or close a wound (though for that you want fishing line).

Always carry twice as many means of starting a fire as you can imagine ever needing.

If weight is an issue, consider a k-bar instead of a hatchet and saw. I've probably chopped a cord of firewood with a k-bar in my life. It will also do anything else a knife can do, and serve as the only cutlery you need.

A small spool of brass or stainless wire can also do a million things.

A candle can cook your food, start a fire quickly, as well as heat a small space, and give light. They make small candle lanterns, and I've modified them so you can heat a can of beans on top.

Wool is essential in damp. Leather when oiled right is waterproof and robust.

All these things are supercheap, and when used with practice, can make being /out/ damn nice.
>>

Ehhhhhh depends on where you are going. I can camp in a high use area with a 10lbs pack in summer just the same as anyone but that pack is not gonna cover me when i'm away from high use area, in the fall with no water, when it's gonna get bellow freezing.

When I went on my Idaho trip my pack was 42lbs for a 3 night hike/camp in late autumn. I had about another 10lbs of gear I wish I had with me.
>>
>>858102
Oh yeah. Take a spare set of bootlaces. If you bust one, walking far is really a pain, and, like paracord, you can use them for a million things.

Also canvas, or jeans. Can make wicks, wound dressings, firestarter (especially when used with wax) and, a zillion other things you can't do with synthetics.
>>
Wool socks are great for keeping your feet dry, bring a few pairs with you even on day hikes. Swap em out when your feet get to sweaty. Try and take your boots off whenever you can to let your feet breath. Some baby powder will also help to keep them dry.

If your gonna do a camel pack (and I do recommend them) make sure you bring a cup with you for meal time. Drinking from a straw like that while eating kinda sucks. I like the camel pack because you tend to drink more water with them then if you had bottles in your pack since the straw is right next to your face.

If it's really windy out put Vaseline on your lips. Lips can get real fucked real fast.
>>
>>857966
A simple piece of tyvek from the local hardware store works, too.

Also, if your pack doesn't hold a lot of water you can substitute a trash compactor bag for a pack cover.
>>
>>858102
>visquine, paracord and pinecones
Yeah great shelter as long as theres zero wind. Lol...fucking pine cones.

>candle,cooking
Warming a can of beans is far from cooking. A candle is not worth a fuck for cooking.
>>
>>858108
>not using gutted paracord as boot laces
>>
>>855606
NOT
>>
>>855061
>projecting hard

Sure thing, kid.
>>
Sorry that my bag looks like milsurp and it has MOLLE on it but it was on sale for $30 and it holds 35L plus a hydration bladder

fuck it, you know?
>>
>>855735
profoundly underrated post

the absolute truest being
>thieves stay away from you if you have nothing
>>
File: 20160922_064947.jpg (2MB, 1849x1966px) Image search: [Google]
20160922_064947.jpg
2MB, 1849x1966px
>>
>>855636
underage pls go from 4chan
>>
>>855735
>run-ins with wildlife are 100% avoidable
no they aren't you fucking retard.
>>
Depends. For a newbie, yes, for someone doing a weekend trip, maybe not.
Agree with hatchet, not with saw. Most saws meant for camping are pretty light and dont take much space out of a pack
Agreed. Milsurp is durable but shit in every other aspect 9/10 times
Disagree but only with the MOLLE products, the ability to strap shit to the outside of a pack couls be handy, ive never owned any MOLLE though
Not for long hikes where you intend to set up camp
Never heard of it.
Depends on environment and if you consider a machete a knife
Yep
>military boots are unnecessarily heavy and not even used in the military unless required
Yep
Cannister stoves are expensive and bulky. I take a pack of matches and a bit of lighter fluid for rainy days and thats all i need for fuel. Id say its pretty practical when you only heat one or 2 meals in a day
Yep

All in all 6/10 post
>>
>>861839
Grow strong, puppo
>>
>>861839
what kind of puppo is this?
>>
>>861898
Looks like some kind of blue heeler or Aussie shepherd
>>
>>855061

Maybe if your a newbie who only goes on day hikes. Good luck with a 1-2 week hike with 25lbs

Same as above
>>
>>857630
>If we're talking about 'beginners', they're not going to be hiking the AT.
sure they do. A few hundred start the AT every year with no experience and go the entire way/
>>
>>855061
>Military boots are never used in the military unless required

Holy shit you might be literally retarded.
>>
>>857140
This is legit bait. If in uniform every service member needs to wear uniform boots. They're not necessarily the first issue ones they got at BMT, but you might be the dumbest person to ever live if you think you can just walk around with whatever boot you want.
>>
>>855061
>Don't do or carry what I wouldn't or don't like
> My opinions are law
>>
File: out has company.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
out has company.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
>>855061
You are correct on most of your points.

ruck weight depends on length of hike. You can easily go over 25 lbs with water and sleeping gear
>>
>>857145
>they are especially bad for hiking off trail
Depends on the terrain.
You're not completely wrong
>wide, rigid frame that gets caught on brush
Doesn't have to be very wide. it's true in thick wooded brush, not as much on mountainous terrain.

>throws off your center of balance
huh? no... just wrong.

>doesnt move with you body.
But it does, not to the same extent as an inner frame, but then you can often compensate by distributing the weight better in the pack and easily customizing pack to the trip as you don't have to switch the frame.

btw I am the guy you replied to
>>
>>862615
>I'm a pog who's never been deployed
>>
>>857630
I knew this was Aotearoa
>>

I'm not sure what the point of that kind of hiking would be for me. Firebuilding is a part of the experience I don't want to miss out on.

Besides, it's not that hard. Use a really small fire (like muh injuns did) and it takes a lot less time and effort to get some hot coals. Fuck, I've made cooking fires out of nothing but dried up pine sap at the drop of a hat (that shit burns a long time.)
>>
>>862583
That was my first hiking experience. I got 3/4 through and sprained my ankle really bad... when trying to get out of my sleeping bag to go pee one morning. Not kidding. That was fucking embarrassing.

Yes. I peed myself.
>>
>>855157
granola and nuts are also something you should look into
>>
Leaving my chair for a walk to the fridge is hard enough.
I just prefer to talk about /out/doorsy things online because of my weight issue
>>
>>855061
I agree with most of your post but if you truly don't see the benefit of molle gear you are an idiot.
>>
>>862809
Nice Mauieme

NZ is absolutely beautiful
>>
File: IMG_20160829_092605839.jpg (99KB, 548x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_092605839.jpg
99KB, 548x974px
>"external frames in 2016 are a bad decision"
kys
>"you should use a cannister stove on the trail, youre not daniel boone, fire cooking is not practical"
Are all those thru hikers using alcohol stoves wrong?
>"camping and hiking is not as dangerous as this board pretends and you dont need to make an advice thread for your first weekend trip"
Best thing you wrote, so many people are afriad but really there isn't much to be scared of. I'm more afraid of other people on the trail than animals desu.
>>
>>855061
OP is obviously part of the 80%
>>
File: IMG_9151.jpg (1MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9151.jpg
1MB, 2592x1728px
>>863454
>yfw OP is actually a man child who hikes with a 40lb military external frame ruck, hatchet and big knife strapped on his XXL belt, no stove because he's a "big guy" who lights fires every night
>Can't afford a GoRuck so he shits on them
>Hikes in his dad's boots from desert storm, uses a inflatable mattress when he sleeps
>to afraid to backpack with said gear so he dayhikes with a tacticool backpack and post the pics he takes to fb so his normie friends think he isn't neet
>>
>>855061
>knife longer than 3 inches is a compensation tool
OP is a tool and knows nothing of /out/ or survival
>>
>>855061
>knife under 3 inches
>no hatchet or saw
So you literally never process wood? Are you retarded? How are you going to baton tinder with a 3 inch blade?
>>
>>863464
that was a lot of projection.
>>
>>863464

The insecurity in this post is actually cringe worthy lmfao

>>863569

Took the words right out of my fingers
>>
>>863565
Is it that hard to break sticks or branches with your hand or feet? Maybe you were referring to car camping
>>
>>863569
>>863585
I'm >>863426, thought that post would be funny not trying to project :^(
>>
>>855061

I do canoe camping faggot. I bring an axe, and a saw, I even bring a fucking hammer and chisels. We row all day then set up temporary camp by building basic amenities out of wood.

r u jelly?
>>
>>863676
Where do you canoe camp?
>>
>>855061
>military boots are unnecessarily heavy
My bates lights beg to differ
>>
>>855061
I like this guy. Summed up all the bullshit I see on here
>>
>>864892
agreed with all the bullshit part...way too much of it on 4chan in general and /out/ in particular.
why does everyone here seem to think theirs is the only way to go?
well at least all of you are on here fuggin"up the program instead of /out/ in the woods.
>>
My pack weighs more because I am birding, taking pictures, and plant IDing. I also only hike 7-8 miles a day at most. External frames are preferable on flat terrain so my back doesn't get hot.

Enjoy your meme thru hikes not learning anything dumbass.
>>
>>855061
You forgot

>if you actually have fun or do something different than what I do you're a smelly stoopidface
>>
>>866634
Kek
>>
>>864909
Same, last trip I went on I only averaged 6 miles a day but spent all day photographing and IDing mushrooms.
>45lb pack
>10lbs of camera fear
>5lbs of tackle/fishing equipment.
>>
What's the best type of cooking stobe for backpacking. Current camper here who wants to start going off into trails . Just need to get all the gear furst
>>
>>866905
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V2PIWIY/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1475292765&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=backpacking+stove&dpPl=1&dpID=41e1kjx4%2BbL&ref=plSrch

I have 3 stoves. This one, the MSr pocket rocket, and the 12$ etekcity stove that's popular on Amazon.

The stove I linked is only $9, and by far my favorite stove, as it is the quietist, and has the best ignition for it (MSr does not have an ignition at all)

I have used it 50+ times a year for 3 years, and it's going strong.

For fuel, I use the $5 mixed fuel (propane, butane mix) from Walmart. Lasts about 40 boils per can.

Can't think of a cheaper/quicker way to boil water. It's also great when you're /out/ and there's a burn ban.
>>
>>866974
I shilled the wrong stove. I use this one, and it's only $6

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LX9YGZ0/ref=pd_aw_sbs_200_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BMB5TRYA8XCNXHEJZJRJ
>>
>>866974
>>866976
I was wondering if those smaller pocket stoves are worth it if you're backpacking for two people. The msr whisper lite ones seemed cool because they have bigger more efficient fuel. I would be cooking and not just boiling water too I believe
>>
>>867365
I have a whisperlite internationale (exactly the same as the whisperlite but will burn anything from alcohol to diesel, while the whisperlite will just burn naptha. Great for traveling). I love it, it burns hot and is lightweight. You can easily cook for three or four people on it as well.
>>
>>863426
I can never get behind alcohol stoves, they're light but I can never boil water as fast as I'd like.
>>
>>859173
BE
>>
>>855735
>Hitchhikes from city to city with a bunch of cringy "dude weed lmao" idiots that went to far.
>Panhandles to buy drugs and food

>thieves stay away from you if you have nothing
>Thieves stay away from you becouase you smell like a dumpster
>run-ins with wildlife are 100% avoidable
Show them sewer rats who boss

kys
>>
>>868422
get a better container to boil the water in.
>>
>>855061
>>camping and hiking is not as dangerous as this board pretends and you dont need to make an advice thread for your first weekend trip
Agree with everything but this. People are idiots, especially wannabe /out/ fags who get their outdoor skills from movies and video games. When the best case scenario is a hospital being hours away, these people can die if they're unprepared. They probably won't but lets err on the side of caution okay?
>nb4 faggot dies of heatstroke on his solo camping trip
>>
>>855155
>how do I reduce my pack weight

>long gun

not even worth giving advice kys
>>
>>855061
>not even used in the military unless required

seeing as OP seems to be 80% retarded, has never spent a day in the military in his life, and 19% more retarded for dicking around on the trails on weekends and thinking he's an "outdoorsman", I think its time to learn how to use punctuation.
>>
>>871424
OP here, spent 3 years in the army infantry

POG or never been deployed detected
>>
OP is just a thru hiker. What he says is true in regards to thru hiking, but if you do bushcraft or aren't intested in doing 20 mile days, then half of what he says could be ignored.
Thru hikers (typically ULer's like those on backpackinglight) are infamously known for being elitist, yet most look like little twinks that couldn't hump more than 25+ lbs. If you have an injury or are old than sure go UL, but if you aren't than I don't see the point.
>>
>>855061
Just stay in a hotel, OP. I'm fucking sick of all this "wilderness chic" bullshit.
>>
>>855082
>Thinking that mileage is any reflection of effort and skill required

Are you serious right now dog?
>>
Part of the reason there is so much debate on pack weight is because we are all from different climates.

Obviously New England winter camping will be more weight than New Mexico's. Utah will need to think more about tinder than northern Cali. We should think about a good rule of thumb formula to figure out the sweet spot for pack weight that considers temp, topography and percip
>>
>>868444
INFRINGED!
>>
>>871982
Why would New England winter camping be more weight? It gets fucking cold in winter.
>>
>>855157
Veggie patties
>>
>>856891
Lions, cheetahs, tigers, mountain lions, wolves. Small hooved feet evolved for reasons other than speed
>>
>>855157
Mountain House us good. Try those
>>
>>855155
what pack is that?
>>
>>855428
whew, me and my AK are safe
>>
>>855061
The 25 lbs pack thing is true for recreational hikes in reasonable weather, but is unnecessarily spartan for some outdoor activities and likely unsafe in some climates.
>>
>>862847
I'm not fat but I just quit cigarettes. Don't kill yourself slowly bud, live slowly and eventually you'll pick up speed
>>
>>855061

fuck off.
>>
>>870061
he is hunting you faggot.
>>
I would agree on most of these points except for

While yes there are definitely better options out there, I don't see anything wrong with milsurp or tactical looking backpacks. The only issue I could see with these would be the potential to draw attention to yourself.

Hiked the AT with a 35lb bag that I packed very efficiently. I was totally fine, this number seems arbitrary.

I tend to pack heavier because I enjoy my creature comforts like bringing books and playing cards, as well as generously packing food. Its not an issue for me to carry this weight and I'm not even a large guy.
>>
>>857555
fucking kill yourself
Don't breed, not that you're likely to
>>
>>855893

> I carry 5L of water capacity (3L camelbak+2 nalgenes). That's 11lbs in water alone.
You better be wandering through a fucking desert if you're carrying that much water. Protip: filter.

>They're cheap, available, and effective.
Heavy, cheap, and cheap looking.
>>
>>855061
what is your gear list?
>>
>>855082
>A 50+ lb pack is boy scout tier
From experience I know this to be true. Philmont was a bit rough on the hips.
>>
>>862615
Deployed and wearing Lowa boots, SMD POG
>>
25 pounds seems unreasonable
I'm at 45 pounds for a 2 night 30+ mile hike
not going for ultralight and this weight is simple easy to carry.

45 pounds is nothing
>>
>>875819
2 night 30 mile no reason you should be above 25 hell 20 is easy
>>
File: 20161015_000052.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20161015_000052.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Muh new pack, the Windrider 3400. Base weight clocking in at 13 pounds for my 6 month hike coming up. It's glorious.
>>
>>875937
>>
>>875937
>Windrider 3400
What gear makes up that poundage?
>>
You're 10x more likely to tun into drug traffickers than a bear/lion
>>
>>880151

Check that lower 48 priviladge. Hiking in Alaska I have been charged by bears while hiking twice in the past decade. One decided to take off after getting up close, the other I had to put down. So far no drug interactions that I know of.
>>
>>862847

How big are you for this to be an issue? I am 330 but still walk a hour to work each day and opt for stairs for the forth floor rather than an elevator.
>>
>>855157
Mountain House is fucking godly on the trail
Tastes great, isn't loaded with sodium and garbage, very filling, excellent to end a long day of hiking by the fire with a nice pouch of it
>>
>>863464
Oh hey, I have that stove
Good little thing, weighs almost nothing and cooks well
>>
>>857205
>not just riding the ram back to your car, then taking a handgun to the back of its head and pulling the trigger to drop it right in front of your trunk
shiggy
>>
>>855082
Sounds like someone is insecure about their manlet status.

If you can't handle a full day with 50lbs on your back, maybe Mother Nature just isn't for you.
>>
>>855070
Who the fuck waits for coals just to hang a pot?
And who the fuck isn't collecting firewood anyways?
>>
>>855061

so Kifaru intl., Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, Exo packs, Kuiu, etc., are all trash? You're obviously a wannabe who has little experience.
>>
>>855061
I can agree with many of the points here, but at the same time I see this as bait.

Contrary to popular belief, going /out/ is not in the difficult in the slightest and only requires research beforehand so you don't fuck up.
>>
>>855061
Agree with everything you have to say desu family. Sick of all the fat cunts who carry massive amounts of weight to try and justify only being able to walk 5 miles a day.
>>
I never see people mention that cans of food are really heavy and generally you should only bring them for first nights dinner.
>>
>people talking about pack weight in absolutes instead of as percentages of your body weight
>>
>>875819
You're taking too much shit, I just did 60 miles in 4 nights and my pack was under 35 pounds with full winter gear
>>
>>875937
why a 2 lb windrider when there is the 1lb arc blast, or larger but also 2lb there are several options from ULA and gossamer gear, all priced similarly?
>>
I eat one hot meal (dinner ) while out and its always over a fire

Its lighter, its an activity in itself and it tastes better.

Fuck your one size fits all /out/ rules, your a fag OP. I bet you eat your m&m's by colour you autistic fuck
>>

So cheap, effective gear is a bad thing?
>>
I'm planning on hitch hiking around the US this winter, have good winter clothes because I worked outdoors a lot and know how to stay warm. I have a tent, sleeping pad for any outdoor I will have to do but going to try and primarily stick to couch surfing. What would be essential for me to bring along?
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.