[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a good for nothing who used to love nature but since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: lodjur.jpg (194KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
lodjur.jpg
194KB, 2048x1152px
I'm a good for nothing who used to love nature but since i moved into the big city i forgot the calmness of being in woods. I have never hiked once in my life and want to get startet.

What are some must have equipment for a rookie with decent price?
>>
>>853964
Good shoes/boots.
Something comfortable with excellent traction.
Actual footwear will vary by season/location/terrain.

A good backpack.
Again comfortable, but sturdy. If you're just doing day hikes, something like you'd use for school.

A good knife.
I mean something really good, k bar tier.

If you slip down a ravine and break a leg- the difference between making a splint to stabilize your fractured femur and crawling out or just laying there unable to move and dying could be the choice in what knife you bought.
>>
>>853964
>pls spoonfeed me everything
if you are serious, invest time into real research
>>
>>854055
Second this op. A good knife is important, dont be adraid to splash $200+ on a good knife, bakcpacks are aldo fucking expensive fpr good ones, make sure you research before buying anything. Good sleeping bag if youre going overnight, good tent/ flyye.
Get a good waterproof boonie as well, you wont regret it op
>>
>>853964
If you want to start hiking you could literally do it naked if you feel like it. It's just walking. Ignore all the faggots that need knives and gay boots and shit. A water bladder is pretty handy for long hikes though. I use a 3 liter platypus with a tiny little backpack I got at an army surplus store personally tbqhwy. Platypus are nice because they don't add any plastic flavor to the water.
>>
>>854080
Pussy. I don't use any backpack and drink from streams
>>
>>853964
Good pair of boots, be sure to break them in before you hike

Good socks, just as important as good boots

Solid camp knife, doesn't have to be expensive just get something that has a tang the full width of the blade and isn't some complete POS you'd find at a mall kiosk

I take it some you're just looking to get started you're planning on doing some day hikes first in which any ruck that can hold some water and some food will be good
>>
okay retard OP lemmi break it down for you:

CLOTHES: regular clothes are fine, waterproofs are good, wool & syntehtic better than cotton unless its hot out. bring spare socks. bring a hat.

SHOES: whatever, trainers, sneakers, boots, waterproofs. broken in and appropriate to the weather

RUCKSACK: one big enough to fit your shit so its not dangling off. use bin bags as liners for your sleeping bag and clothes

SLEEPING SYSTEM: warm enough for the lowest temp. army surplus will get you far. CCF pad to sleep on.

SHELTER: any budget tent will do

COOKING: a canteen, pot, big cup, whatever, aluminium is light and cheap. stove if you want, otherwise cook on a fire

MISC: knife (doesnt need to be 200 dollarido survival knife), torch, compass, wash kit.

Seriously you don't need to spend more than 1 or 2 hundred to get going,,, if that.

don't listen to all the consumerist BS you get from gear whoring armchair campers
>>
>>854290
Pussy. I don't drink water ever when /out/
>>
File: 83294875817.png (162KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
83294875817.png
162KB, 1024x709px
>>854396
>regular clothes are fine
stopped reading there. cotton is shit tier /out/ fabric.
>>
>>854525
autism: the post
>>
>>853964
maybe a few questions will help decide the best course of action

on trails or into the bush?

what kind of terrain and environment?

typical temperatures you'd expect and weather?

out for how many hours?

Camping as well?

want to make a campfire? Cook?

the only real must haves for just about anywhere are some comfortable and supporting shoes or boots, maybe a pack for whatever you bring along, and you might want some good pants and jacket, and a durable water bottle of at least 1L or a quart
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.