[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to go camping alone? I mean, socially. And logisticaly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: mountaingril.jpg (919KB, 1264x850px) Image search: [Google]
mountaingril.jpg
919KB, 1264x850px
Is it okay to go camping alone?

I mean, socially. And logisticaly. I'm just going car camping about 5 or 7 miles off the highway.

I've been telling a couple folks that I'm going camping this weekend alone and I'm getting wierd looks.
>>
>telling anyone other than family or close friends just in case you don't return

Don't forget to upload pictures to show everyone how cool you are.
>>
>>853829
I go camping alone almost every weekend if I can. Who cares what other people think, the point is to get away from other people isn't it?

I don't have anyone to tell though or I would just to be safe.
>>
>>853829

Camping with others is fun, every one needs to solo camp too.
>>
>>853841
You can tell me anon. I care.
>>
Those feet, absolutly disgusting
>>
If I only went camping when my friends were free I'd never go camping.
>>
File: 1469444300261.jpg (49KB, 480x813px) Image search: [Google]
1469444300261.jpg
49KB, 480x813px
Solo camping rules, I guess if you have a lot of prissy bitch numale friends then I would expect you to get weird looks.

Then again you could be "that one weird quiet autistic dude" so now they're all making jokes you have bodies to bury behind your back.

Dont worry I'm in that same catagory
>>
>>853829
I do it a lot. Hard to find friends that want too camp
>>
>>853829
No. You will died. Seruosuly you cant. It should be illegal, just look at all the people that have deaded. Smh.
>>
I had a room mate with a very basic bitch for a girlfriend who was over once while I was cleaning and putting away my gear and asked me what I was doing with all of it.

>I like to go camping.
>Why?
>It's fun, it's peaceful out there, I see a lot of beautiful countryside...
>Who do you go with?
>Sometimes with friends, sometimes by myself
>You go by yourself? That's just sad.

Moral of the story is the kinds of people who care that much about the social ramifications of strangers seeing you do things by yourself probably aren't worth hanging out with. Having someone there to share an adventure with is a plus, but not a prerequisite to going /out/ and having a good time.
>>
>I've been alone all my life, I'm god's lonely man.

ring a bell?

i do it all the time sometimes i wish i could be the only person on the whole planet, just be sure you're prepared enough, there is some accomplishment you get kinda like i did it i overcome the odds of survival, and each time i go camping i pack less gear, i recommend you going always to the same area you know and just go exploring it further as you get more experience, I was unemployed last year, and went camping almost every weekend alone, I've walked over 30 miles in one day in deep jungle, you know this things most people don't have, you should enjoy it while you can.

>current gear:
>one back pack 30L
>knife and sheath i've made
>Machete 20 inches (the bush is thick around here)
>water bottle 1L i carry in a shoulder strap i made
>pocket knife
>first aid kit
>water purifier straw i made
>food, usually canned food
>my tent when rain is coming or usually a tarp and a hammock
>paracord
>fire kit

My record was 5 days with this gear.
>>
>>854041
Are you staying in the same place for those 5 days?
>>
If you're cool with it then it's no big deal.
>>
>>854002
I once knew a guy who dead
>>
>>854065
no, i walk up pretty much a whole afternoon to get to the place where i set my first camp then i walk in a direction that i am scouting when it starts to get dark i set up camp again and keep doing this till the time where I have to go back. I usualy goe in a circular motion so I scan a larger area instead of a straight line
>>
>>854203
also i carry such a light load of gear that i find it easier to just scout with all my gear on me than set up a camp and scout then return to the camp spot, if you're carrying a heavy load of gear i suggest you set up your camp and use a map/compass or an GPS so you're not lost without your main gear
>>
>>853984
This shit right here
>>
File: 1428463196137.png (456KB, 501x542px) Image search: [Google]
1428463196137.png
456KB, 501x542px
>>853989
>that image
kek

/out/ing alone is nice if you don't cross or camp near other people, otherwise you need to be some friendly cool dude or people will think that you're some creepy weirdo, which is probably the case tho.

>tfw only a cousin to camp with because friends all have gfs and are not into it
>tfw no /out/ gf
>tfw no gf at all

>happiness only real when shared
fuck, thanks for those shitty feels, op.
>>
File: IMG-20160908-WA0002.jpg (135KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160908-WA0002.jpg
135KB, 1200x1600px
>>854094
Is guy still kill or he get more better?
>>
>>854282
i had a girlfriend for over 5 years and she never liked the great /out/doors, one time i tried to take her to a basic car camping and she wouldn't stop bitching for a single minute, i thought of killing her and burying her in the forest as a sacrifice to mother nature, not gonna lie.
>>
File: Holley.jpg (82KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Holley.jpg
82KB, 720x960px
>>853829
Go with a pet
>>
>>853984
This.
>>
>>853829
Listen to this guy:>>854089
This is true for about any fucking thing in your life.

Why do you go alone? explain this to yourself.
Cool, you are now able to explain to others, those of them that you actually care what they think.

I go alone all the time, sometimes because I would rather be alone, often because that's the only option I have.

I get weird looks all the time when I tell this to people.
It turns into envy half the time when I actually care enough to talk about the experiences that this allowed me to have.

Understand why YOU are doing whatever it is you are doing, don't be shy about it.
If they give you weird looks for it, don't try to understand their point of view... give them a look of "you're missing out and you don't even know it, I pity you" Instead.
>>
>>853831
>enjoying talking to people and not being a complete autist
>>
>>854530
>camping alone
>not being a complete autist
pick one
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.