[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /out/... When did your state get overrun and when did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: ss+(2016-09-05+at+06.58.46).jpg (279KB, 757x740px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-05+at+06.58.46).jpg
279KB, 757x740px
So /out/...
When did your state get overrun and when did you decide to just go to places where the normies would never go?
>>
Canadian here so... Yeah.
Anyway where I go the first part is crowded often 200+ people in a square mile; but after a hour or so you get to a decent "wilderness" feeling but that is far from what I am use too. Lately my old spot sitting on top of a cliff has become crowded so I am forced to walk more and more into the bush. (not complaining I enjoy hiking) but when my old fishing spot on the river has become polluted I am quite bitter about others going where I go. I've now started hiking up river 3-4 hours+ to do my outings and all that. Hope they don't go to my beaver dam where I go stealth camping alot... If they do I am going to flip shit. Only me and a couple of mates know the spot. Nice part thou is fads will pass and people wont be so out so thats nice.
>>
So is every state having this problem?
More people going outside or what?
>>
>>852098
Isn't Oregon one of those super comfy, foggy, rainy states? Also aren't you guys get overrun with commiefornia expats?
>>
Ops pic is misguiding. Go on a rainy day in the middle of the week, and I bet you a pair of Marino wool undies you'd have the place to yourself.

Also look at the shape of the people in the lower pic. Judging by that, and the lack of any legitimate hiking gear means this place is accessible by car. You're going to need to go for a walk into the woods to get away from people. What do you expect to happen if you hang out at the trailhead?
>>
>>852098

I bet that place has always been popular.
>>
File: fff.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>852108
You sound Ontarian, not Canadian
>>
>>852098
First time I ever went to opal creek it was filled with Mexicans swimming in the opal pools. Almost ruined it for me. Went back in early spring when it was still cold as fuck a couple years later and down to jawbone flats, and there was barely anyone at all. Now it's my favorite hike.

Just don't go anywhere in the summer and you'll avoid he normies
>>
>>852161 British Columbia
>>
>>852110

Yes and yes. We spray every year but if you don't get the whole nest they just come back stronger.
>>
>>852098
not hard to get away from the "normies" in SC. Every basic bitch i know takes their kids down to the congaree river by gervais street. then they post about it on facebook. Talking about how they took their kids to experience nature.

Most "normies" wont leave the beaten trail, that practically a dirt road. I cant blame them, snakes, aligators, coyotes, and cougars would probably keep me away if i was a soccer mom.

Most of our parks are pretty empty aside from horse riders and hunters.

If i dont want to see a soul, i go to the swamp.
>>
This isn't /r9k/.

Only idiots and autistic children use the term "normies".
>>
File: cavecathedral1.jpg (82KB, 644x431px) Image search: [Google]
cavecathedral1.jpg
82KB, 644x431px
This is what I love about NM.
The state is so fucking huge and sparsely populated, that it will never be over run.
There is just too many cool hikes and not enough people. I rarely see anyone out even on a big holiday weekend
>>
>>852233
fuck off, reddit transplant.
>>
>>852250

>reeeeeeeeee
>>
Just hike on the hardest trails. Heavy switchbacks up a mountain with lots of rocks on the trail. No one ever goes on those
>>
>>852252
Colorado they sure do.
Everyone is fit and they live at high altitude.
All the trails are packed within a 75 mile radius of denver /colorado springs
>>
Fall's coming up so that's good. Normies don't leave the city if it's not summer
>>
>>852150
It is, the pic is supposed to be hyperbole, that's in the Columbia gorge that anyone in Portland can drive to in under 30 minutes.
Still, Oregon is flooded with Californians and its only getting worse.
>>
>>852255
>Live at 8,000 feet for a winter
>Drive down to live at sea level
>Feel like a god
>>
Canuck here. Provincial parks here arn't too bad. You just have to go to what's deemed "Back country" and nothing near cheater trails. Other than that can be pretty quiet. I was out Canada day weekend in Algonquin and didn't see a sole for the 5 days.
>>
>>852161
Ontario IS Canada, you pig-ignorant regional fucktard.
>>
I live in scotland.
It's overrun with tourists every summer.
There are still plenty of places to go where the plebs don't know about, though.
>>
>>852149
Dude. I'm fat and on my way for a 75km hike. (Not America level fat however)
Hiking is sport no doubt. But people should pull their shit together
>>
I live in western NC and as long as you don't go on the AT or a handful of popular mountain trails there's hardly ever anybody out there, even along the parkway or places that are easy to get to. I go birding, usually on lakes with trails on the weekend, and have never seen anything like OP.

Eastern NC is even better in terms of isolation, nobody goes in the big longleaf forests or swamps at all.
>>
Eurofag here.
Mountains are OK. Forests are more pleasant.
Normes don't "hike" much here it seems. But mountains are fucking filled up with soccer mom's and dumb ass families putting themselves in danger
>>
>>852417
it was Canada now its just shit show posh town
>>
>>852255
Fucking this. Im here for 3 more years and Im stuck in the front range where every trail head is packed by 7am on weekends.
>>
>>852417
Ontario sucks.

You already know what's in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi4PZjGxl5I
>>
>>852445
Seeing one fat dude 50km in is not the same as a whole shambling Hoard of them in ops pic..

Grats on choosing the best way to exercise. Hope you have a blast. Be sure to take pics, and make a thread. Always enjoy those, and have made a couple of my own over the years.

Where you going?
>>
File: WP_20150624_10_16_11_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150624_10_16_11_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3072x1728px
>>852666
I'm French. Normandy.
I do this twice a year, im not that new /out/. And 1 more day hike a month of about 11 to 20km.

Went near the Spanish border last year. Pic related
>>
>>852339
If it helps I moved to Oregon from Minnesota
>>
>>852161
>>852472
>>852598

>Ontario
you mean southern Ontario kek
keep going to pleb locations and keep the rest of it nice for me
>>
>>852339

Also, logging roads make almost every part of the state accessible by car. I laugh at the Audis stuck in the gravel.
>>
Getting there. Will be soon because weeds gonna be legal here if this law passes in November, so a bunch of retards will probably move here
>>
>>852098

That pic would only be valid if it showed the same location in both pictures.
>>
>>852339
>people shouldn't be allowed to move to different states
Pro-tip: California was ruined by faggots from states all around the country, so it's hard to pinpoint a single one and blame it for all your problems. Of course the people born there want to leave. I bet most of the Oregonians that spread the le californians are bad meme have at least visited there if they have not lived there at some point.
>>
>>855067
This guy gets it north Ontario is GOAT
>>
File: 1458451863480.jpg (15KB, 374x378px) Image search: [Google]
1458451863480.jpg
15KB, 374x378px
Here in Wyoming, we have Yellowstone to act as a magnet to keep the rest of the state clean.
>>
>>856155
>the rest of the state
>clean
I understand what you mean ... but seriously
>Rock Springs
>Douglas ("Dog's-ass")
>>
>>856155
Besides the wind river range and the Tetons, Wyoming is all sagebrush desert and oil dereks/coal mines
>>
>>852337

Hah. You must live where the leaves don't change.
>>
>>852110
A lot of Oregon is actually pretty Arid because of the rain shadow the mountains create.
>>
>>852337
Try living in North Carolina or northern Georgia during the fall. The Floridiots are everywhere.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.