[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best boot socks you've owned? Mine always wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
What are the best boot socks you've owned? Mine always wear out way too quick. I dont mind sinking some decent money into something that'll last a few years.
>>
File: 814RmyNOnEL._SL1500_.jpg (152KB, 864x1500px) Image search: [Google]
814RmyNOnEL._SL1500_.jpg
152KB, 864x1500px
>>851509
Buy some darn Tough Vermont socks. I've worn pic related in all seasons with work boots on, and my feet don't stink, they don't hurt (good boots as well), and they're always perfectly warm or cool. I've had these socks for about two years, wearing them ~4 days a week for the last year and a half. They look like new, and fit super well. The only downside is the cost, 20$ a pair is shitty, but my god these have never failed.
>>
CF issue sock, 40% nylon 60% wool, wear one for warm weather or layer up for the cold. I've got a pair that hasnt worn out in ten years of use, these bad boys last forever and, because they have decent thickness, won't wear out in a year of rubbing against the inside of my boot
>>
>>851509
>>851541

>Darn Tough
A couple of years ago I started getting wool socks after getting a job wear wearing work books for 12+hours a day is commonplace.
Going through multiple pairs of REI brand, Thorlo, Dickies Work, SmartWool, and finally Darn Tough.
Living in CA, the darn tough lightweight hiking sock is one of the best pair of socks I've ever owned. Whicks sweat a little better than REI's everyday socks and have survived the wash far better than the Thorlos or Dickies. Since it never gets very cold around here I shoot for thinner socks that way I have some options when it comes to what i can wear hiking weather it be running shoes or hiking boots and these fit the ticket for either scenario.
I'd recommend the brand to anybody who asks about wool socks in general.
>>
>>851572
Holy shit auto correct botched that paragraph.
>>
Bridgedale woolen socks. Nothing else compares
>>
>>851509
Go on Amazon and look up peoples socks. Best socks I have ever worn and as long as you wash them right they last a long time.
>>
>>851509
the ones my mother makes for me. 100% wool
>>
File: 4456456.jpg (82KB, 500x333px)
4456456.jpg
82KB, 500x333px
Smartwool hike light.
>>
>>851541
>>851572
second these two anons

best damn socks I ever put on my feet
>>
>>851920
Smart wool makes great socks. They make light, reg, and hiking(heavy) weights. 100% merino wool. I wore one pair straight for three months before I bought more, and they're still good. I can't kill the damn things. Would highly recommend. Merino wool is God's chosen fabric.
>>
>>851509
Smartwool.
>>
I purchased thorlo boot socks when I deployed in 2004, I still wear them when I go on day hikes but they are a bit worn now, I can definitely recommend their older socks but not sure about the new ones.
>>
I second the Smartwool recommendation! I mainly use the PhD medium, mostly on week long hikes in the Scandinavian mountains.
>>
>>851509
these mother fuckers right here

100% sustainably made and 100% american made, from the machinery, to the farmers, to the animals, even to the people who spun the wool. the complete supply chain is located and worked on in the USA.

on top of that, theyre owned and made by one of the world’s most technologically advanced sock-producer.

of course, they also have a 100% money back guarentee if the socks dont live up to your durability standards and theyll even ship you back brand new pair for your shitty worn out pair.

I hiked almost exclusively with these socks on my AT thru hike and never wore out, holed out, or stretched out and kept the fit from the day I hit springer to the day i left Katahdin

they can be alittle spendy, but are worth it for most likely being the only pair youll ever have to buy again

i swear to god im not a shill, but i fuckin love these socks bruh lol
>>
>>851509
I have some nice ones with "club room" stitched on them, but past that I know nothing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.