[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to climb down 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: rope.jpg (7KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
7KB, 200x150px
Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to climb down 10 stories of rope out of your window? How much would this rope cost? How long would it take to get all the way down?
>>
>>848877
btw, I am a pretty fast climber with rope at gym
>>
>>848877
>possible to climb down 10 stories
if you're strong enough
>cost
fucking look up how much 10 stories worth of rope costs you mongoloid
>how long would it take to get down
less time than it would take if you jumped

Why is this a thread?
>>
>>848880
Me too.
>>
>>848877
Buy a fucking harness, belay device, and climbing rope
A 10 story rope like the one in your pic would weigh like 500 pounds.
Just jump faggot
>>
>>848899
well you fucking shitbag I dont know what rope is strong enough maybe if you fucking answer the question
>>
>>848917
Just use your paracord. PLEASE.
>>
>>848917
Paracord is totally strong enough

Again, fucking look it up. You can find all kinds of stupid bullshit info about rope and I bet if you ask someone at Home Depot they'll show you how to tie a noose so you can kys
>>
>>848920
how about you fucking look it up, all the shit that comes up is that stupid ass cut the rope tutorial shit
>>
>>848877
climbig down isn't much of a problem. a 300 foot climbing rope, harnass and 2 carabiners will work, but a rapelling ring is better and a gall artestor thingy is probably best. but I only use those in gyms.

if ypur life absolutely depended on it I bet you can climb fast especially down. just a rope, my bet is the knot fails.
>>
File: Sad_Bear_by_Jovajna.jpg (35KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Bear_by_Jovajna.jpg
35KB, 300x400px
This used to be such a good board.
>>
>>848877
Look for 8mm climbing rope. about every story is 10' so you need 100 feet of rope.

a quick google search provided me with such.

https://www.amazon.com/SGT-KNOTS-Utility-Rope-Made/dp/B00XRMFAWG/ref=sr_1_22/159-8748404-1454305?ie=UTF8&qid=1472619266&sr=8-22-spons&keywords=8mm+climbing+rope&psc=1

3/8 is about 10mm, so get that, 28 dollars. for a 100 feet. to get free shipping its 49 dollars now [seriously, how did it go from like 35 to 49 is beyond me.]
>>
>>848899
>less time than it would take if you jumped
Uh, how exactly? Climbing down can't possibly take less time than jumping down. Or did i misunderstand?
>>
>>848877
It'd be pretty easy with some climbing rope and a harness, although your apartment might not have any suitable anchors to attach the rope to.
>>
OP, are you escaping from prison?
>>
>>848989
heh, this thread warms my heart and makes me think /out/ has a chance. lately it seems like every retarded thread like this one has been spoonfeed answers and if anyone responds in even a slightly blunt way about self reliance everyone jumps on that person. but finally an entitled faggot op asking stupid questions is being told to fuck off and do some work of their own and nobody's giving them shit about it.
>>
>>848877
What in god's cock does this have to do with the outdoors?
>>
>>848999
Commercial buildings average 12' per story, btw.
150' of climbing rope would be ideal. Kernmantel, continuous fibres, nylon. Harness and figure 8 and you're down in no time. Apart from that you'd want a thicker rope and to use a J-hook around your foot to lower yourself down. Easier going, up, but you can do it in reverse. Wear gloves.

>>848903
It's not that heavy. You're just a girly man. I've used ropes of that length dropping trees. Suck it up, butter cup.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.