[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be doing a week long backtracking/camping trip in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: desert-camping-1.jpg (18KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
desert-camping-1.jpg
18KB, 360x240px
I'll be doing a week long backtracking/camping trip in the Arabian Peninsula. So a new campsite each night, somewhere in the desert.

Does anyone have any advice for camping in arid conditions? Any gear recommendations or things to prepare for?

I'd appreciate anything you've got.
>>
>>848434
pack water, other than that we kind of need to know what you have. Also, night might get freezing cold, depending on where you are, so prepare for that
>>
Pack sandpegs!!!!
>>
Prepare to get Muslim'd. So practice crying into a camera and tilting your head back while on your knees.
>>
>>848783
I'm a guilty white, I get off on that kind of stuff m8. How can I increase my chances of getting abducted by hairy terrorists?
>>
>>848784
Fashion a large cross and set it up at your camp.
>>
>>848784

Just be yourself.
>They hate faggots
>>
File: tumblr_mkagqa6Jhp1rwe5u6o2_1280.jpg (593KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkagqa6Jhp1rwe5u6o2_1280.jpg
593KB, 1280x851px
>>848434
Only one week?
Why would you go to the arabian peninsula?
If you are only going for one week you wont be able to see much of it so you may as well go to a safer desert.
Also, if you see a bunch of CAG guys swiggiting around and hiding behind sand dunes, say hello and wish them luck.
>>
>>848434
>>848478
This might not be enough. Especially if you're going this month.
Can OP post route?
If you don't have a place to resupply for water daily, you might be in over your head asking how to here.
plenty of tourists die in that area from dehydration doing just day hikes in these areas.

Things to prepare for:
Dehydration
Heat stroke

Bring:
adequate amount of water + plan water resupply very carefully.
sun screen
hat/something to cover your head from the direct sun.

If your planned hike is in September plan a long stop in the hottest hours of the day in a shaded location, preferably in a spot that a cliff creates the shade, not trees.

Don't forget to pack something warm for the night.
>>
>>850477
It will be in December, I'll be part of a group with at least 4 landcruisers and there's not going to be a shortage of water.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.