[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch Alone out of recommendation from /out/ >laugh at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

>watch Alone out of recommendation from /out/
>laugh at the newbies fucking up and tapping out early
>cringe at the people coming down with sickness
>moved to tears at the thoughts the last remaining men do it the last days

Fucking Alan is so based. I'm glad he won. He seems like the kind of guy you'd want to share several beers with. I'm surprised Sam lasted that long, he really became a man out there.

Just started on season 2, but none of the participants seem empathic.
>>
>>846389
as it goes on you'll become attached to a few of them. It works out all rather nicely!
>>
>>846391
I kinda hope Tracy goes a long way, just to break the stereotype. Kinda the same way Sam did.
>>
>>846389
>I'm surprised Sam lasted that long, he really became a man out there.

Sam location was literally someone's backyard. Everyone else was a reasonable distance from other humans.
>>
>>846393
Are you shirting me? I always wondered why he built his shelter so high and out in the open.

That's garbage.
>>
>>846395
Dude, just screencap the map of contestants' camps,
and use Google Earth to zoom in.

There's a reason Season 2 stopped showing such a map.
>>
>>846393
what can you do the entire island is inhabited.
i bet nobody brought hot soup and blankets to the constants might as well been 500 miles away.
>>
season 2 winner seemed like a such a cuck, he must have been tough since he held out for so long, but he just seemed to fuck up time and time again, never did anything interesting and didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing. Also, why did that chick tap, she literally got her stomach full every day since she had the best gillnet place ever
>>
File: 1440274389214.jpg (185KB, 530x527px) Image search: [Google]
1440274389214.jpg
185KB, 530x527px
What spooked me out about the show in the first season was that the runner-up was the exact same age as me. He was super charismatic in the beginning, and enthusiastic about everything, even up until day 20. The longest I've ever stayed alone in backcountry was 5 days, and it wasn't anywhere near as harsh as some of the shit as Vancouver island. He really put me to shame.

I wish I could have a beer with that dude.
>>
So how do I get on this show?
>>
why is every contestant on this show so normal?
it seems like every one of them has a wife/kids.
is it like a requirement they have for dramatic effect?
>>
>>848115

>every one of them has a wife/kids

The physical and emotional toll ALONE is less than being with their families
>>
>>848115
>is it like a requirement they have for dramatic effect?

There have been people going to far as to set up classes to teach folks how to be selected for game show/reality show casting agents.
Even on shit like "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" they screen out people that would be too bizarre or boring on camera.
>>
>>848455
This is why I would never get on the show.
>the happy hermit- hasn't talked to anybody in 2 months
>OMG what's he going to do!!!
>he's in the woods with no toilet or food or water!!

Umm, ya.
That was like this morning when I woke up....
Can I get money for live streaming my life innawoods?
>>
>>847410
The difference was the he was really the only one there motivated by winning.
No one else really needed the prize, so they got to the point where they start thinking "how much is all this suffering really worth to me," and when at the end of the day you're only out there to prove something to yourself or someone else it doesn't seem like much.
The guy who won was "working poor" and needed the money to give his kids a better future. Way better motivation than "I need to find myself."

The chick in the angelic spot was basically just on vacation because she was sad about her kid or something. The moment it stopped being enjoyable and she had to skip a meal or two she ditched.

The one that confused me was the fat chick. She yelled at a bear that was rooting through her camp, broke down in tears about the "Rage monster" and had to go home. It was just weird.
>>
https://youtu.be/3c1J7o8D6yU?t=1m54s
I liked Lucas. At the end, he said htat he wanted to prove himself to his friends and family and now he is sure he doesn't have to prove anything..He man up there and became self confident.That was a beautiful change
>>
any alternative to this fake show?
>>
>>848045

Kinda looks like the Girugamesh guy
>>
>>846389
>the people in this show are trained survival experts
theyre dropping out on day one. doing dumb shit all the time.

>waahhhh im going to cry becasue i feel wonewy and i miss my famiwy
fucking whining babies. the winner of the first one Alan he was a bretty cool guy and doesnt afraid of anything. I really almost depsise all the rest.
>>
>>848791
>He man up there and became self confident.
to me it looked like he broke down and pussied out because shit was tougher than he tough.
did we watch the same show?
>>
File: Clipboard03.jpg (140KB, 891x521px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard03.jpg
140KB, 891x521px
>>846393
oh wow, that's true. he was like 200 meters away from people.
>>
>>851472
I walk further than that in my back yard to fill up bird feeders.
I'll bet he could hear people yelling "hold on, I forgot my keys" , then doors slamming and cars driving off.
That's not "alone".
>>
>>846389
you know what show I liked? Naked and Afraid. It was actually kind of interesting from the trial and failure, psychology, and starting from near scratch with like one tool point of view. I found I got over the whole naked fascination thing pretty fast. XL was totally fascinating with the tribal/societal things that were going on.
>>
File: current situation.png (90KB, 458x305px) Image search: [Google]
current situation.png
90KB, 458x305px
>>851648
I like it because it gives me ammo for Woman Hate threads on /r9k/, if I'm being totally honest.

>joins the competition thinking she's a strong independent womyn who don't need no stupid male partner
>she does less than half the work of her companion
>takes twice as many breaks
>he has to pick up the slack so they don't both fail the challenge
>if he voices any grievances at all then she bitches and whines about how much she's contributed to the group
>obviously she's so tired because she's been working so hard, not because she's pathetically weak
>making the guy kill every scorpion, spider and snake she sees because she's too afraid to

>mfw she's back at civilization after the challenge and there's a 50% chance she'll revert back to the "strong independent feminist" stance without having learned a single damn thing from the experience
>>
>>848816
Naked and Afraid?
>>
>>848816
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2845894/
It was pretty damn great and it has 3 years before Alone.
>>
File: eden-channel-4[1].jpg (33KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
eden-channel-4[1].jpg
33KB, 800x450px
you guys might like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz3yM4NtELg

season 1 just finished

no surprises most of the women are lazy useless cunts
>>
>>848816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhx2K-26d4s

actually pretty fucking good, and legit.
he just spends the entire time hiding in trees and barely surviving on his rations though.
>>
>>848115
They would never accept someone who isn't normal. Someone who doesn't have a family won't have the same mental toll as other contestants
>>
too bad about the spoilers here in the OP, but hey... Only heard about this show because of this thread, just finished the first season, loved it. Starting the next season soon but not reading an posts here from you faggots.
Really makes you wanna get /out/.
>>
>>31257238
What's a good site to watch this on?
>>
>>851472
Holy Shit!
>>
>>850789
Yes we did. Was he whining about how hungry he is all the time like Sam? Look how many useful tools he crafted. He was the only one with canoe. His last hut was the most proffesional build than the others. That guy who won lived like in a cave.
>>
>>854179
yeah he did good crating then he collapsed mentally. being alone is not for everyone. the music instrument was dumb. he should have made a chair or a table or something useful.
>>
>>855347
>>854179
Is he the guy who was going to build a cabin but then completely dropped the idea all be because the clay he found was no good?
I hated him for not building a cabin, over such a stupid reason, you dont even need clay.
>>
>>855362
for some reason that annoyed me, too. Might be because I watched primitive technology shortly before that
>>
>>855362
>stupid reason, you dont even need clay.
That was probably just a cover and the real reason he stopped was because the natives vetoed the cabin because he was cutting down too much green wood on their land.
>>
>>855415
that's plausible, because you can easily make fireplace without clay.
>>
>>855415
More likely is that it was much more labor intensive than he anticipated.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.