[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless General -Question edition Last thread on page 9 My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 39

File: anNYrRQ.jpg (109KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
anNYrRQ.jpg
109KB, 800x534px
Homeless General -Question edition

Last thread on page 9

My q.

My city has no shelter or beds, but they give out tents, sleeping bags and food kits. Is this a common practice across the US? Saw a dude walking down the street. Looked like he got a six man tent.
>>
File: 20160821_115641.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160821_115641.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
FUCK MOST OF YOU HOMELESS FUCKS
the only decent place to go /out/ near me and its full of homeless fucks trashing the place and fucking up the river. FFFFUUUUUCCCKKKK
>>
>>845524
Worst part about this is the city is "homeless friendly" and wont get rid of them. Everything from the greyhound station to cityhall and the courts are covered with bums. I honestly dgaf about the city but the river is completly trashed. Iget it that you've given up on life but PICK UP AFTER YOUR GODDAMN SELVES AT LEAST.
>>
>>845485
Nothing wrong with being homeless, HELL my state considers living in a fucking hotel "HOMELESS"

I don't like these keywords as such homeless, or vegabond because its stupid! if youre someone who travels on a budget, who just wants to see their country. THAT'S COOL. doesn't make you homeless, or any other self righteous given name. you are you.

As long as you are nice and respectful to people who help you and whom you come across. you're cool. This means, if you meet someone and they offer you a free meal, fucking offer to clean the dishes you fucking discourteous cunts. like accepting free stuff is alright, but don't outright take it for granted like you fucking earned/deserve it.

As long as you WORK when you need money and food, and not LEECH. You are cool in my book.

As long as you don't leave trash around where you stay. Cool as well.

As long as you are mentally stable/on meds for mental issues, and avoid drugs and booze. Cool in my book.

And as long as you aren't going around spreading the name of jesus, believe rocks give you magical powers, or any of that weird "Trendy" shit people do now days, like huluhoops... seriously. fuck huluhoops and all that turned them into some fucking retarded "CULTURE" then your cool.

but if you break any
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>845485
That half-ass shanty looks so comfy
>>
get a job you degenerate pieces of shit
>>
>>845534
There is definitely something wrong with being homeless. Take your human-cockroach mentality and kys.

OP how about you stop being homeless and get a job like a productive member of society or kys

Really though. Fucking bums spread disease and filth and detract from a community and gene pool.
>>
>>845556
>LowQualityBait.gif
>>
>>845556
Bums are not the problem but a symptom of the problem my angry friend
>>
>>845485
>pic
Such a mess, damn.
>>
Why not live in a sprinter van?
>>
>>845634
Are they giving out sprinter vans down at the homeless shelter you pretentious silver spooned Rockefeller?
>>
File: 20160825_125539.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160825_125539.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm a bun who is trying to eat his daily veggies, problem is, buying them fresh, I have to get more than I can eat before a decent amount spoils. So I end up having to waste money cus I don't wanna eat a pound of kale everyday. Another option is to buy premade salads, which have a good daily portion but they are expensive. So I've been eating canned shit, for a dollar I can get a small can with a pop top that has enough portions for one person for one day. So my question is, out ofthese two options what should I get: Peas&carrots, or spinach. Or both. The spinach has more vitamins and shit, but do I need to cook it? The peas and cars taste better, but do they have enough vitamins?
>>
File: 20160825_125558.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160825_125558.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>845789
Go to farmers markets they will let you buy in smaller quantitys for cheaper than store price.
>>
>>845524
if bums are hanging out at your /out/ spot, you're not going /out/ properly.

>>845528
Oregon by chance?
>>
>>845528
>California
>Is nice to the homeless

https://youtu.be/b2zGFXaPn0o
>>
>>845814
Bay Area....please don't come here.
>>
>>845789
Canned spinach is godtier. Don't need to cook it. Has equal grams carbs and protein. I am a fat fuck on a diet and its my goto breakfast
>>
>>845668
>Rockefeller
>Silver Spooned
Bruh that nigga is an embodiment of the American dream
>>
This one is starting strong i see
>>
>>846043
>The American dream is to inherit billions
>>
>>845810
Cali
>>
>>845524
This.

They need to get some mental help and get some place to live.
>>
y thred

y /out/

y so fukn shit
>>
>>845789
Canned veg is more expensive and super salty. Get frozen instead.
>>
File: 14618771419260.jpg (925KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14618771419260.jpg
925KB, 2048x1152px
Reeeeee homeless reeeeeee bums
>>
>>847277
ayyyy nips
>>
>>846094
This is John D. Rockefeller we're talking here, right? The guy who was raised in a shack by his mother while his father was fucking hookers and selling snake oil? Yeah his kids inherited his riches but John D. started out with squat and became the richest man in murrica
>>
>>847303
No.This isnt 1916.

This vampire who wants to put microchips in all of us
>>
File: tumblr_nvzam8HnEY1uegvy1o1_1280.jpg (744KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvzam8HnEY1uegvy1o1_1280.jpg
744KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>847306
>Tips tin-foil hat
>>
>>847367
>He doesn't know about Soros, Rothschild and rockafella
>>
File: froggy.jpg (67KB, 600x195px) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
67KB, 600x195px
>>845534
>vegabond
VAgabond, it's an A.

dunno about the hoola hoops, girls look kinda nice using them. lighten up homie.
>>
>>847620
FUCK YOU!
>>
>>845534
If you live in a hotel then you don't have a home, hence homeless.
>>
OP here. How come none of your cunts will answer my question?
>>
>>847340
zizek plz go
>>
There's a lot of hate in these threads nowadays, isn't there?

The best time of my life was when I was a poor traveler. As soon as I rejoined society as a working man, I started hating myself again. Right now, I'm saving up for a very long vacation.

Some people would rather work and try to accumulate wealth, some care less about wealth than how they spend their time. What works for one person, won't necessarily work for everyone.

Do what makes you happy, and fuck what anyone else thinks.
>>
>>848895
Its common ish. You can get that shit at shelters and drop ins most anywhere regardless of having beds or not. Only thing shelters are good for is getting body bugs anyway, fuck em
>>
>>848601
if you learned how to write properly you might be able to hold down a job. Just a little tip for getting your miserable human trash life out of the toilet.
>>
>>849961
Im not that guy and my life may be trash but its way better than miserable.
>>
>>845549
if you think rat turds and bed bugs are comfy
>>
>>848930
The problem is when they trash shit out like ops pic, people fucking hate you
>>
I dunno why more homeless people (the younger ones at least) don't do stuff like workaway or WWOOF. You get a free place to sleep, 3 hot meals a day, and you can pick up some really useful skills doing an honest days work.
>>
>>850277
What is this and how do you sign up?
>>
It should be legal to kill hobos
>>
File: 1469870287591.jpg (234KB, 1015x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1469870287591.jpg
234KB, 1015x1527px
>>850284
It should be legal to kill psychopaths like you.
>>
New sport: dumping buckets of water on sleeping hobos in the winter
>>
>>850328
Bum racing is still a better idea.
>>
>>850277
Youre a retarded know nothing, now fuck off
>>
File: 1468753595705.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468753595705.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
>>850368
1) please die
2) not an argument
>>
>>850368
1. There's an apostrophe- it's a contraction of "You" and "are" so one drops the "a" of "are" and joins the words with an apostrophe.

2. One is either a retard or retarded, not "a retarded".

3. Punctuation.

4. Get a job you worthless trash eater.
>>
>>850370
>>850405
>autism
>>
>>845789
how the fuck are you on 4chan then?
>>
>>850283
you have the internet and can obviously speak English.

jesus christ, people cant help them selves at all i swear.
>>
I wonder why threads about homeless people tend to bring out the really edgy and sociopathic posters on this website. No one cares that much when talking about hippies or cairns, but when it comes to homeless people, all of a sudden you have posts about stalking them and killing them or doing other horrific things to make their lives miserable. Why the sudden vitriol?
>>
>>850277
I'm a sheltered NEET (not homeless) and I like the idea of workaway/WWOOF but I fear I'd be too autistic to convince anyone to make use of me.
>>
>>850611
Welcome to shitpost general

>>850642
Why the fuck would you ever work for free
>>
>>850509
>homeless general
sounds about right
>>848930
seems the hate's directed at this sort of homeless >>850368
it's the laziness; they're homeless and they're bums
>>
>>850745
>>850745
>working 5 hours a day for a place to sleep and food to eat
>working for free

Two very different things. Working for no money, sure. But don't pretend food and shelter is "free"
>>
What do you fellow hobros do about relationships? Any of you got women? I'm honestly curious. My girl has traveled with me a few times now, but she's shit with money, frivolous af, and indecisive af. That being said, going it alone isn't always what one wants. Especially if one likes pussy on a regular basis. What do you guys do? Any secret femanons here?
>>
>>850805
>but she's shit with money, frivolous af, and indecisive af.

Well, she's female, there's no doubt.

So homeless fags, an hypothetical scenario.
Would you rather be homeless and live in a shit jury rigged shelter or go squat on an old, long abandoned (>10 years) building?
>>
>>850839
Depends on the weather.
I'd rather make my own shelter if needed, or just sleep on the ground.
Before, I legit made myself a bed out of crates beside a McDonald's dumpster. Shit was cozy.
>>
anyone know what the situation like is in canada? about to go homeless soon in ontario, things don't seem very homeless friendly here. i feel like i should go to the states instead since its warmer there and has better infrastructure.
>>
>>850779
Youre retarded. Have fun with your workaway you faggot
>>
>>850940
I jus spent a while in Canada a month ago, actually. Innacar, granted, but it seems quite similar, imo. Only difference was, I was more hesitant to commit any petty crimes because of possible b.s. with passport. Overall, no trouble. Being an all English speaker myself, there was a bit of a language barrier in Ontario and Quebec. No conversations beyond the realm of small talk.

Go for it, anon. And if you don't dig it, America awaits...
>>
>>850940
tons of homeless in ottawa and montreal. sometimes people walk back and forth

get a car if you can

a lot of homeless people drift west and end up in BC because they can't go any further
>>
>>850998
Lots of em in London, too. Looked like a lot of em were tweakers, though. One guy asked me if I knew where the needle exchange was.
>>
>>850611
>hippies

The hippy threads are filled with people that hate them and want to make sure other people know it.
>>
File: 1472759702265.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1472759702265.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>850998
>get a car if you can
but how can you afford a car if you're homeless? do you just drive uninsured?

>a lot of homeless people drift west and end up in BC
soim guessing they travel on foot but the stretch of land between toronto and manitoba seems impassable, can't make it without supplies

from what im reading it seems literally impossible to survive canada, all i have is $300, can't even afford a decent tent man, i think ill just hang myself when the time comes.
>>
>>851218
You equi yourself using thrift shops. Look for wool stuff.
>>
>>850961
Who hurt you, anon

Did the pretty WWOOF girl from France reject your advances and cuck you with chad
>>
>>845534

>HELL my state considers living in a fucking hotel "HOMELESS"

I was staying in an extended stay for about 6 months when I moved to the area I am in now. I had intentions of buying a house, and making six figures so paying an extra $300/month at the extended stay was easier for me than getting a lease on an apartment.

It was awkward when I applied for a mortgage with a 6 figure salary and 50% down payment. The bank classified me as homeless as per state guidance, and denied me. I ended up using a co-workers address for my mail so I wouldn't be deemed homeless.
>>
>>845485
How do you make money for food when living in a car/tent?
>>
>>852033
Not that anon, but can someone answer this? I'm about to be in this situation and I could use some advice.
>>
>>845810
>Oregon by chance
Kek
>Walking along creek in Eugene
>Decide to go off the path
>Wander down near the water
>Walking barefoot because you're hippie scum
>Get pricked by hypodermic needle
>Limp back to the path
>Get shanked and by the same adict who left that needle there
>Takes wallet, phone, and $300 Swedish outdoors jacket
>Crawl to the ER
>Can't get help because ER is filled with homeless battling chronic scabies
>Bleeding out and on the verge of death
>Remember that you didn't have to pay sales tax on your Swedish jacket
>Feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1373554867712.jpg (102KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
1373554867712.jpg
102KB, 400x576px
>>845587
No you fucking fuck. Stop trying to be "different" and get a job. We won't get to Proxima Centauri with useless hobos sucking up our ressources.
>>
Man I love these threads, it's always interesting to read about such a different way of life. I've always had the dream of just getting up one day with just a backpack and a couple hundred bucks and just take off for maybe a year or two, traveling around the country. I have the savings to do it, but I know I have a romanticized, unrealistic vision of what living on the road would actually be like, and I'm really comfy right now, have my own place and cats and a gf.

Anyone know some good reads about the topic? On The Road is my favorite book.
>>
>>852079
I play music. If you are in the US, get on food stamps.
>>
>>852079
The gigs section on Craigslist has made me a ton of money over the years.
>>
>>852187
Ive sort of done this.
I had a cheap van and I went around fruit picking,Im in australia so there are a alot of backpackers, was good fun but can be hard, but people do it for pleasure so it tells you something
>>
>>852206
But how do you pay for gas and stuff
>>
File: ooorangutan.jpg (88KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
ooorangutan.jpg
88KB, 450x450px
>>852107
In addition to getting jobs and ceasing your pitiful quest to be little special snowflakes, please remember to take all your trash with you wherever you may go. Please recycle your malt-liquor containers (no urine please!) and dispose of your dirty drug hypos in appropriately marked containers. If you have any issue with these guidelines, please consult a local officer of the law in a respectful manner for assistance.
>>
>>852202
Cool, some neet thinks bums shouldnt be on foodstamps.

>>852248
Beg.
>>
>>852033
Food stamps
>>
>>852187
https://thesunmagazine.org/_media/article/pdf/342_Sawyer.pdf
>>
>food stamps.
In my state to collect more than 3 months of food benefits you have to be enrolled in a job placement/training program of some sort. But then my state isn't some liberal shit hole either. YMMV.
>>
>>845485
What state on the east coast is best for car dwellers and tent campers?
>>
There's nothing wrong with what you goobers are doing but please stop leaving your trash and shit around. Not joking. I hate it when people litter.
>>
>>852447
I like the one east of Delaware, but I hear that south of Florida is great too.
>>
>>852447
none. east coast a shit.
>>
Question why do you handful of homeless people stick around in these threads when everyone here that isn't hates you? What possible benefit could be gained?
>>
>>852248
fruit picking during the seaons. You can literally follow the harvest trail and work your way around the country. Its a whole thing we have here, many backpackers on a working holiday
>>
>>852640
Theres only one of three active far as i can tell.
>>
>>852649
Very competitive and not as easy to get in on as you think. Trimming weed is far more available.
>>
>>852613
Faggot
>>
>>851167
live in london, so many fucking tweakers everywhere. sometimes the downtown area looks like a backdrop for a zombie film.
>>
>>845485
This is sad.

Are you guys just mentally ill or what?
>>
>>852690
Yes. And I need to figure out how I am going to survive this winter.
>>
Bums make people uncomfortable. Homeless people make normal people uncomfortable.

Theres nothing worse than the feeling of pulling up to a stoplight and seeing a beggar eyeing you like a piece of meat, especially when you yourself are struggling to put more than ten dollars into your gas tank so you can get back and forth to work.

Professional bums are the scum of the earth. They encroach on people obeying traffic laws knowing they can't escape. And who's to say if that homeless man isn't a deranged psycho who's looking to mug you?

No, you human pieces of trash. You make every working person uncomfortable. You literally impose yourself on strangers because you don't want to work.

If you want to travel then save up money from any jobs you work, then hike off to the next town like people have done for years.
>>
Going to be homeless for around a month in November when my house goes up for inspection. It'll be late spring here in Australia thankfully so won't get too cold, what will I need to survive?
>>
>>852716
>dingo spray
>koala spray
>snake spray
>spider spray
>shark spray
>tick spray
>jellyfish spray
>>
>>852711
Step one: Get off of drugs and drink
Step Two: Clean up your hobocamp, throw out your trash.
Step Three: Get a job, find a HOME to live in.
Step Four: Continue being a productive member of society.
>>
>>852715
Hobo-bums really are the scourge of society. There are a ton of resources available to anyone who is willing to adopt the basic habits of functional members of society. Things like no hard drugs, and no alcohol abuse.They need to have mild hygiene and pick up their trash. Finally, they need to cease constantly being on a hair trigger for violence and degrading acts. If they are chill and have the smallest semblance of respect for other people (aka society) they're not homeless long- there's a ton of resources available to them and jobs will happen.

HOBO-BUMS: STOP BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE FOR YOUR PROBLEMS.
>>
>>852726
How do I get a job and home?
>>
>>852716
Bag of cement
>so you can harden the fuck up
>>
This is one of the worst homeless threads in a while. Funny how the threads are good when the few real vagabonds are posting and absolute shit when its butthurt /out/ neets posting.
>>
>>852799
HA. That's hilarious. The homeless unemployed bum calling his critics NEETS. You know what acronym that stands for right? YOUR situation dumbass.

Also, pick up your trash.
>>
>>853100
Please. You think this is a good thread? They call this shitpost general because of YOU, not because of the bums. Apparently hating you shitposting bitches makes me a hobo even though im typing this from my fucking bedroom.

Faggot.
>>
>>852715
The only trait i find irritating about the homeless people who post in these threads is that a lot of them won't admit that their lifestyle is only made possible by the benevolence and charity of working people, imagine if nobody ever gave homeless people change, the hobo and drifter community would just dry up apart from the few intelligent or skilled drifters/hobos and yet a lot of homeless people ridicule us wagecucks.

Personally i think everybody should work, everybody can do Something and whilst i think that looking after disadvantaged people is something that we should do as a compassionate society i think that some people take the fucking piss.
>>
>>852662
>trimming weed
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>853374
Exactly this. While we're on the subject there's a few definitions which used to apply (Depression era when people actually cared about what words meant):

>A Hobo is a guy who travels and is looking for work. He's willing to work and wants honestly earned money. Sometimes this implies he is looking for any work and will set down roots if he finds the right job.

>A Tramp is a guy who doesn't want to work, and will only work if forced to. Tramps don't necessarily travel. You can see Charlie Chaplain referred to as a tramp in his movies because he mostly doesn't want to work.

>A Bum is a guy who doesn't work at all.
>>
>>853101
I think this is a great thread. Vagabond-junkies are being reminded to pick up their trash. The realities of living in the gutter are being brought up- not this fairyland bullshit about living free and never working again. I'm glad you are posting from your bedroom. Remember to get a job and keep it or you'll be selling your asshole behind a dumpster before you know it!
>>
>>853374
Confirmed for being a shitposting faggot who doesnt pay any real attention. Imagine that.

>>853405
Shit. Post. You dumb fucks ruin a whole bunch of threads on /out/ just to get your neckbeard rocks off, and we all know it. Every bum who has posted in these generals is above you, and the best part is you know it.
>>
>>853386
Processing weed plants. When you grow a bunch of pot you have to get the leaves and stems off of the buds so you can sell them. Harvest season is actually about to start, and will last a couple of months. Ive heard of people making 10-15k doing this.
>>
>>853374
I've never seen them act like they take people for granted. It sounds like you've been rused famalam.
>>
>>852366
Bus anon here. There's plenty of other ways to get food. Dumpster diving is pretty goat if you just take some time to plan first. Food banks arent really viable because they mostly have things you have to cook, but you can go that route too. My favorite way of getting food while im traveling is to busk outside restraunts with a sign that just says food please. You dont have to harass anybody and a lot of the time people thank me for playing outside patios and shit, even if they dont kick down any food they appreciate it and let me know so thats nice. People are pretty exclusively good out here. I think folks around /out/ get the wrong idea because of the shitposters. No one should go hungry in the USA, there is far more than plenty to go around.
>>
Also just for the record, if anyone actually needs help or advice i lurk a lot and will try to pick the real questions out of the shitposting and answer them. Dont get discouraged by these fags.
>>
>>853647
I just don't know what to do or where to go.

>depressed, mental health is not good
>flunked out of college
>hard for me to hold down a job
>no money
>shitloads of student loan debt (I fell for the college meme and it's too late to fix that now)
>parents won't support me

Honestly I'm almost ready to just go innawoods and wander around until I'm dead
>>
>>853892
Do you want to be exclusively innawoods somewhere or could you travel? This is a really good time of year to start traveling. Its pretty easy, and if you could be any more specific i can give you the run down on the best way to do things. Where are you located?
>>
What's a good cheapo long haul backpack? ALICE packs are 60 bucks but I hear nothing but bad about them
>>
>>853922
External or internal frame?
>>
>>853922
Alice is fine. Its what a lot of people start with because its so readily available. You will eventually have a much better idea of what you want out of a pack and then you can upgrade.
>>
>>853920
near Appalachian trail. Should I just hike the trail and see what happens? I don't know what else to do. Can you pick berries on the trail? How do you know what's edible and what's poisonous?

I just have no ambitions or aspirations to do anything. I don't belong in society. My existence was a mistake.
>>
>>854155
not same bro, but did thru hike it. It's not crazy expensive to hike the AT if you do it right. Buy your shoes from REI and return them everytime they crap out. Then return them when you're done and get your $$ back. Forget about the berries, even if there were tons you'd have a hell of a time eating enough every day. There really were only a few prime weeks in August that I saw them- that was up in ME.

I met one guy who started hiking. Got board 500-600 miles in, hitch hiked around the country for a few months, got back on much later and "finished" (missed about 1000 miles, but everyone's different). He then spent the next year living the bum dream. That was when I met him. No idea what he's up to now.

I do recommend it though. Mental health is not something to be taken lightly, but this may be a better fix for what ails you than talking to a shrink. Definitely will make it easier to figure out the next step than hanging out on this board will.
>>
>>854177
>Forget about the berries

What do I eat then? I have no money.
>>
>>854155
Get copies of Bushcraft 101, Advanced Bushcraft, and SAS Survival guide.
>>
>>854181
How does any hobo eat?

By dumpster diving (most supermarkets toss shit that only actual germophobes would consider gross), or by spanging.

Here's some hobo voodoo. Find a wal mart off the highway and stand at the turn in to the parking lot. Get you a sharpie and get a piece of cardboard (it's fucking cardboard it should be easy to find) and make a sign that says some stupid bullshit on it like "travelling, hungry and broke". Fly that bitch and within a few hours you should have plenty of money. Seriously most travellers can feed themselves and their fucking drug habits by doing this, it's surprisingly lucrative.
>>
>>854155
Fuck the AT. Spend the fall hitch hiking out of the east. Go to slab city. Obtain knowledge, meet people like you that have separated from society and know the ropes. Its a completely different world in the traveler scene. Get a new lease on life anon. Im posted up in Tulsa for the winter and if you come through i can show you a good time and teach you some shit. Hitch hike. Do it, its great. Fly signs along the interstate for money and rides, you will literally have everything you need handed to you by really nice people who just want to help you. It isnt like these threads irl, no one is out to guilt trip you or be a dick. You, and anyone else, can get ahold of me at outinnawoods@gmail. Theres a whole new world out here just waiting for you. I havent even touched on rainbow or freight. You have options my dude. No reason to feel like shit any more.
>>
>>854308
Slab city sounds like a shit hole desu
>>
>>853647
I'm >>852716
what will I need to survive, my family is moving to another city.
>>
>>854387
Its not.

>>854402
You need barely anything to just survive. Stuff to sleep with, a way to carry water. I dont know a thing about Aus, but the only other issue in surviving is food and its never been a problem for me in the US. Get some multi vitamins before it all goes down so you can supplement a bit if you end up not eating real well. If there is any outreach where you live there will be feeds, i.e. hit the church/shelter for free lunch. I only do that if i cant find anything else though. You wanna make sure youre getting enough sleep, that shit can throw everything off and make walking around all day a fuckin bitch. Is it very urban where you are? Will it be easy to find a place sort of tucked away to sleep?
>>
>>854308
C'mon man stop exaggerating the greatness if this life, yeah this life can be good just as many other lifestyles can be but the true value of living comes down to what the individual does and their achievements
>>
>>854308
You're telling a suicidal person that their problems will be solved by becoming a hobo and hanging out with rainbows. Maybe that's true but its a huge assumption. Its not all fucking rainbows and perfection Jesus fuck
>>
>>854308
And don't forget to mention the serial rapists and flesh filleters when you talk about hitching
>>
>>854538
Im not exaggerating shit. It is up to you to make your life what you want, be it in the box or on the street. I say this a lot, if you had a bad time then you did it wrong. If someone is basing their knowledge solely on these threads, they will have to decide for themselves who to listen to, and im gonna be here yelling do it faggot because i live this shit and its fucking amazing famalam.
>>
>>854541
So is that guy full of shit? What would you suggest then?

I just feel like I can't handle one more day of working some job. But I'm not sure if I would feel ok about being a leech and getting on welfare or food stamps. I'm not even sure how to go about doing that anyway.

I feel like I'm running out of options.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg (150KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg
150KB, 1328x747px
>>854588
>So is that guy full of shit?
Im not. Youre gonna have to decide for yourself what you wanna do. You can have whatever life you want anon.
>>
>>854613
I don't think I know what I want. Maybe that's the real problem.
>>
>>854614
Do many things, get perspective. A big myth of society is that youre supposed to know what you want to do, dont stress about it.
>>
>>854581
>if you had a bad time then you did it wrong.

If he's suicidal because of social problems, then he's not gonna magically gonna get better because he's a hobo. If he has major depression, he's not gonna get better by being a hobo. You're exaggeration is in that you think this life is a one fits all solution for everybody. As the saying goes, wherever you go, there you are. You will still have all your strengths and weaknesses when you're a hobo just as you do as a housie. And how long have you been doing this, because yes travel is very good at first, but eventually you need something more. The way you romanticize it makes me think you're still pretty young.
>>
>>854624
I didnt say that at all guy, maybe you should get a grip? Also i doubt you truly know a single thing about this lifestyle. And hey, if you do, guess what? You did it wrong. How bout a crust check there senpai? How many years you got? Im deep down in this shit. Maybe you should try to bring people up instead of shitting on me based on your flawed understanding of my own input. Also if im not one to say he'll get better, how the fuck are you one to say he wont? Shitpost harder m80.
>>
>>854581
>its fucking amazing famalam.
All I'm saying is that its amazing for YOU. just because someone doesn't find it amazing doesn't mean they are doing it wrong. Yes, it can be amazing, if not only for a while, but the dudes gonna be running off into the wilderness of the world all alone, and its definitely not gonna be all rainbows at first.
>>
>>854718
What should I do then?

Is the only answer to just get a job and work? I just can't do it anymore.
>>
File: itllbefun.jpg (3KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
itllbefun.jpg
3KB, 125x83px
>>854776
>find the job you love and you'll never work a day in your life
..is a saying for a reason. It might not be popular on this thread but people refer to their jobs/careers as how they make their "living" for more than just the money. We're like huskies, we're happy when we're pulling the sled but also have time to rest. Don't work to hard, but do work. The trick is finding the right job. Since you're on /out/ there's always an outdoors job thread, you should check that out. Honestly if I could have five years added to my life to do whatever the fuck I want I'd become a wilderness firefighter- that shit sounds dope, and there's gotta be a ton of pussy waiting for you when you get into town.

I know shit seems like it sucks, but it'll pass and you'll have times when you wonder why you felt that way. Don't hurt yourself or hate yourself, and recognize that it's just a phase and it'll pass, and try to just be good to yourself and set yourself up to be doing something cool (hey even a fastfood job can be cool) when you're feeling better.
>>
File: Work Hard.png (63KB, 694x360px) Image search: [Google]
Work Hard.png
63KB, 694x360px
>>854839
p.s. I like this. Wasn't the guy who capped it but I still like it.
>>
>>854839
I'm researching how to become a forest ranger but apparently you need a college degree for that. My college career was a fucking train wreck and I already have lots of student loan debt. It's a disaster anon

>>854841
But I don't have a house or a fridge full of food or any of that stuff.

I feel like these sorts of things with all the insults and everything are supposed to motivate you but, if anything, it just makes me feel worse desu
>>
>>854846
If you want more serious information about traveling with nothing email me. Theres no reason to be aprehensive, keep in mind these guys come to this thread to denounce this way of life. I can tell you everything you need to know to have a good time with it should you choose to go that route. Good luck dude.
>>
The thing I dislike about a lot of squatters is the elitism/arrogance. Hurrr your parents didn't beat/rape you and throw you out when you were 13? Fucking oogle!
>>
>>845485
Nigga you in LA
SKID ROW
>>
Do qt homeless girls easily do favors for stuff?
>>
>>856095
>homeless
>qt
pick one
>>
>>856095
if by qts you mean the ones passed out, then no you can usually do whatever you want to them. I recommend picking cleaner looking ones who are hitchhiking. It's amazing what you can do with some vague threats and duck tape.
>>
>>855953
Hah, aint that the truth. A lot of the time they are just fucking around but it still gets tired as fuck
>>
>>847277

Looks like arizona
>>
>>856334
Quartzite to be specific
>>
>>856473

Looks a lot like a spot in Phoenix I spent a lot of time at.
>>
File: 14618691257220.jpg (777KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
14618691257220.jpg
777KB, 2048x1536px
>>856334
>>856473
>>856863
It's right outside of Quartzite, yes

>>847284
Ayy dis thread tho
>>
Anybody in the Southeast want to hitchhike together? Sick of life and will probably kill myself if this continues. 18/M
>>
>>857005
You sonofabitch! Ows it goin anyways mayne you dont email a nigga no more
>>
>>857464
Come to tulsa my dude i got you
>>
>>857485
Wanna swap contact info? Gimme your kik or Skype or something

Would you be willing to travel with someone? What's your current living situation?
>>
>>854308
What would you say are basic requirements for having a hand at extended outdoor living? Obviously you don't need much money or stuff but what about skills, personality, attributes? I imagine being your typical 4chan autist doesn't fly so well.
>>
Any of you ever used a solar shower? Worth scooping up for the road?
>>
File: 14712243381641.jpg (351KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14712243381641.jpg
351KB, 1280x960px
>>857484
I was emailing you a month ago and then forgot to send it

I'll get at you later today

>rare nips
>>
>>846137
I've been homeless for years. I'd happily live in a home with a shower if puritanfags didn't make it insufferable.

>Lights out at 10 pm, no smoking, no drinking, etc...

I get it. People who give stuff do so for their own reasons, but I am not property, and cannot - not am unwilling - tolerate that bullshit. Don't even get me started on religious shelters.
>>
>>850277
It's jail you fucktard.
>>
>>851218
I pay insurance, tags, fuel, maintenance etc.. because I work.

I live in my pickup because people suck, and I can go up in the woods and be free of them to a greater degree.
>>
>>852033
Work construction with the tools I keep in my truck
>>
>>857599
ah yes
>WWOOF
>generally a positive life experience where you travel about, live in a cool place and do some cool work, and people are usually fascinated when you talk about it

>Jail
>you get a place to sleep, 3 hots a day for sure, might learn some useful skills or a trade, but you also have to avoid shankings, being someone's bitch, and then also you lose rights as a citizen and get denied job applications everywhere because you did bird
>>
>>853374
I don't beg. Nobody gives me anything. I hate you and all faggots like you, but I'm not a murderous psychopath, so instead of killing you and all the other self important, ignorant, judgemental, self-righteous scum, I live as far from you as possible, and only tolerate you at work because I haven't found a better way.

After my ex stole my 4bd house on 10 acres that was free and clear because I paid off my 15% interest only in three years through perjury and fraud 17 years after the divorce, living in the woods is my best option.

Oh, and fuck you.
>>
>>854839
Yeah, did the wildfire thing. It's dangerous. Three guys died, burned to death, that summer.
>>
>>857571
That's a cool picture, looks very pleasant. Safe travels.
>>
File: 14712240481390.jpg (202KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14712240481390.jpg
202KB, 1280x960px
>>857661
It's where I usually sleep while in San Francisco. Have another, its what it looks like when I sit up out of my bush.
>>
>>857488
My email is outinnawoods@gmail. I live in a school bus. I just sent my last greenhorn hitching out of here 2 days ago. I could set you up with him, or you could kick it here for a minute and learn some shit. At the very least its warm and youll have a place to be for a while that you dont hate.
>>
>>857571
Fork yea fork yea
>>
>>857616
jeeeeeez brah you need a joint ma dude hit raaaainbow maaaaan
>>
>>857543
I have one, and you have to stop for a day where there's water and suitable terrain for a shower, so it doesn't prove useful very often.

I'd pass and catch showers at truck stops, churches, and gyms/shelters. Do bring a towel though.
>>
>>857777
Thank You Jesus! I'll take your advice and chillum
>>
>>858059
Nah man, ima stay. Its all good
>>
>>845485
Do any homeless Anons use solar power for much of anything? Or are you guys strictly non-electronic?
>>
>>858072
>non electric
No.
>>
>>858072
I'm strictly against anything electric. Completely off the grid. If it's got volts running through it I won't touch it.

This is tough sometimes but makes me feel better about my reliance ect in the end.
>>
File: 19675122531_7fde3a3905_z.jpg (165KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
19675122531_7fde3a3905_z.jpg
165KB, 640x427px
Being homeless in the right city (ex. San Francisco) is awesome. You don't have to work, you can get food stamps food, your time is all your own, etc.. If you want a slightly more stable life, you can earn a minimal amt of money and rent a storage locker, join the YMCA for showers, etc..

Being homeless in the wrong city (ex. Chicago) sucks, due to terrible weather, much less resources, and hard times hustling, due to widespread poverty.

I encourage everyone on /out/ (who has not thrown their life away to children) to spend some time hitching or train hopping, exploring your region without the responsibilities of a steady job, renting, etc..
>>
>>852187
Check out Squat the Planet. Its a forum with literally everything you'd need to be happy and healthy on the road. If you're USA, West Coast from Oregon through Northern California is a really good place to start. Also check out Olympic National Park in WA. Very easy hitching, awesome dumpster, etc.
>>
I've done a decent amount of vagabond stuff in the US but have never been to Slab City. I'm thinking of going out there for the winter this year. I don't have a car/camper, but am fine with just a tent, small propane stove, water jug, etc..

Can anyone share their experiences about the Slab? What should I expect?
>>
>>857699
That's a wonderful view. It looked like a nice starry sky too until I realized all of those white dots in the sky were actually motes of dust on my laptop screen.
>>
Tarp(s) or tent for living on the road?
>>
>>858079
>posted from my iRock
>>
File: 14739673272590.jpg (299KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14739673272590.jpg
299KB, 1024x768px
>>858178
Use a tarp, I usually carry two and mostly only use the one for a ground cover - sleeping innadoorway or under an overhang when it rains, picture related, most churches don't have anything going on throughout the week and often have an overhang somewhere.

A tarp is more easily replaced and it has way more versatility than a tent, plus it usually weighs less to have two tarps and some 550 rather than a 5lb tent/stakes.

>>858072
I don't have a solar charging pad but they're definitely useful and I've seen several people with one. Generally I just find a random outlet, though sometimes I'll use a coffee shop to recharge.

>>858087
Not much of a reason to go out to slabs, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're part of the lifestyle.
>>
>>858087
Go to slabs a week before new years for best results
>>
>>858087
Man... that sounds like a place I'd love to visit... but not some place I'd like to stay.

Too many people. My /out/ activities are all for the purposes of making sure people don't bother me... not being around them all the time.
>>
>>858303
Staying should never be in your head when going to slabs. Besides, youll go insane with all the slabbers in the summer and theres no way thats a good time
>>
I'm planning a world trip. I'm basically heading out with no end destination.

I'll be WWOOF'ing most of the time, but I'd like to live as frugally as possible between places. Hitchhike, only cook myself, and so on.

Do you hobros have some tips on living cheap as fuck? Also, is busking for money viable if I can't play an instrument, but sing?
>>
>>857753
my nigga.
>>
>>858308
Yeah fuck that.
Also fuck heat in general. I'd have to go at the coldest point of the year, and not stay long.
>>
>>858344
Go with no reservations, slabs can be a really good time. It looks like shit on purpose, after into the wild and when people found out about salvation mountain it blew up as a tourist spot, so slabbers started throwing trash around to make it less appealing. Some people will yell at you if you try to pick up their trash.
>>
File: Dat Ass _ WeKnowMemes.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dat Ass _ WeKnowMemes.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>tfw you're broke and made only 25$ after panhandling all day and then you find 21$ on the ground
>>
>>858087
Make it out there October 21-23, there's a hobo festival.
>>
>>859486
Currently I'm a apartment fag with little opportunity for /out/. But I do what I can and that includes harvesting edible fruits I find nearby and on trails I do.

>mulberry trees near apartment in a small public garden
>neighbors hate mulberry trees because it "attracts" homeless people
>it attract birds
>it blocks the view of a huge bike storefront (in a already visually polluted city ) from a nearby avenue/highway
This is the kind of shit I put up with on a city, and this is what I put up with on /out/:
>retards think that some /out/space is theirs and make their own little shit camp there leaving the area dirty, trampled, full of bottles, mud and cigar stubs

I swear to god I'll learn how to throat sing and move to mongolia.
>>
>>857612
As some one who went to jail.
that rape shit doesnt happen alot most get sent to PC/
Also not three meals for sure..
No usefull skills or trade or getting a ged, jail is punishment.
>>
>>848723
The hotel is your home you fuck
>>
>>859498
You definitely get 3 in jail. Just some people wont wake up at 6 for breakfast, which is the best meal innajail
>>
>>846135
Where, LA?
Most everywhere trys to get rid of them
>>
>>858081
>>858237
Socks when are you coming to Tulsa?
>>
>>858311
Just learn something, its not hard. Hell, get a fuckin ukelele or anything to accompany your singing. Music opens doors you didnt even know were there anon
>>
File: 1474066768389.jpg (21KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
1474066768389.jpg
21KB, 320x246px
>>859559
>Doesnt pay taxes on hotel home
>It's not his home fuckface
>>
File: 14618690852532.jpg (992KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
14618690852532.jpg
992KB, 2048x1536px
>>860748
Second post you linked was me, first one was some other traveler

I'm in Missouri for a few months, if everything goes well I'll probably stop through on my way down to Arizona. Hoping to make Quartzite/Tucson this year but we'll see.
>>
>>861300
Most hotels charge 10 to 20% in taxes comrade. Have you never stayed in a hotel Mr fuckface?
>>
>tfw don't live in america so literally everything is illegal
>>
>>861397
Lame
>>
>>858081
How do you deal with all the normies hating you? I live in SF and the general attitude towards homeless folk is very negative.

Especially young homeless oogle sort of people.
>>
why don't you just go inna woods anon?
>>
>>861537
No one ever says or does shit, contrary to what youd think from these threads.
>>
>>861537
Not that guy but I usually mind my business while there. Normies talk to me when they're buying pot and other than that I don't interact with them much. There's locals who recognize me at this point and they seem to not mind our interactions. I'd say I've even made a few friends out of people in houses there. It's just about carrying yourself in a certain manner.
>>
>>861528
I literally would not even be allowed to camp somewhere
>>
>>852716
Watch out for ugly primitive fat-lipped ape nigger abbos
>>
>>852733
Get off your ass a look for one
>>
>>861934
Coulda just said abbos
>>
>>861604
Me and some buddy's trashed a homeless camp and beat the shit out of one when they tried to stop us.

Maybe they will move along, if they don't will prob have to murder one.

Any tips for removing homeless without violence?
>>
>>862007
So hard core oh wow

Nips check your email
>>
File: 14745922024880.jpg (592KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14745922024880.jpg
592KB, 1280x960px
>>862021
I would go but I'm already committed to this October, maybe the whole winter. Kicking myself for not timing this all better.
>>
>>845485
>Wanting to be homeless so you can drastically shorten your lifespan with 15 years.

Ok.
>>
>>862320
>2016
>believing everything you hear
>thinking all homeless are toothless methed out jerome on the corner shaking his cup in peoples faces
>>
>>850354
LOL just start abducting them and make them race for a 40oz like the rabbit at the greyhound track? Hahaha!!! Hell, bonus points most of them would gladly mainline whatever you give them.
>>
File: 7e7 (1).jpg (62KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
7e7 (1).jpg
62KB, 600x516px
>>850611
>>
>>853100
>pick up your trash
Illegal to abduct bums in my area.
>>
>>850940
Stay the fuck out unless you get a job. If you arent a cuck and pay your fucking bills i'll rent you a cuckshed of a house. Its about as big as a closet but clean and has a new roof.
>>
>>851218
Don't kys anon. My best friend did 6 months ago. Fucked up a lot of people man. Use that money to put an add in the paper. Can do labor and such. Find some abandoned house to squat in and get a job? Use the money for cheap survival gear and start fishing or moose hinting or wtf ever yall do up there. Join the militairy. I dont know wtf u do there besides stand around and watch us fucking ameivans pick a war twice a week. They feed u. How old are ya? Maybe u can check into a foster home if not old enought to military?

Dont need a good tent. Live in a taro city.
>>
>>853635
Its true. We waste a lot of shit.

Outdated canned shit in droves at grocery stores anon. Smells horrible but whatever.

Heard u can eat pigeons. Doves is good. $10slingshot ensures u unlimited meat. Gl!
>>
>>854177
Depression/anxiety checking in.

Gl to u. Try and find things that make u happy and keep you busy. My biggest problem is hating myself and wanting to die.

Im fortunate i got to hang out with a very pretty friend and have some drinks with a few people rescently. I'm married so no shenannigans. Besides. Shes like a 10/10 in every way and i'm probably a soft 4 (lol) on a good day.

It is nice have someone say nice things to you though. I woke up today and didnt want to kill myself for the first time in 6 months. I suggest making some friends. Even if they homeless tryhards.

Also been many times to the shrink. Pretty much just said get a hobby and get rest. Force yourself to eat enough to be healthy etc...

Fake being better until u are better or die of old age.

Ignore the shitposters.

Good luck!
>>
>>854308
Lol, pretty near tulsa. How u gonna live this winter homeless? I could maybe hide u a $20 somewhere near u if i come down soon and u could got get a burger and a beer or something. How much do u make in a day of dicking off with a sign? How much does the average person flip ya?

Id rather u just get a job, but i get the mental health thing and you sound better than i do working 50 hours a week and hating myself drowning in vodka and cheap beer. Do u live in a tarp city with others or do u just do your own thing?
>>
>>854839
Woking outside sucks the fatteat of cocks. Aways 1,000 degrees or raining. Or cold and raining. Fuck...that...
>>
>>854839
Yeah, hating yourself is the worst way to live. If hell is real it's gotta be depression/anxiety with no hope for change... its hard to make it through anon but the one foot in front of the other meme rings true. For months or years. Sooner or latter it will be worth living.
>>
>>857485
LOL YES. ITT: Anon starts a tarp city and other anons help each other be homeless properly. And other anons donate time/money/food knowing that it goes to anons instead of random faggots. Perfect. Tulsa, OK. Start hitching to there NEETs?
>>
>>857623
Can agree. We were drinking beer and burni g a pasture and some cunt lit up behind us. Surrounded by fire. Just about to jump in the pond when my bro showed up in a grass rig and saved us. Pretty scarry. Gave up on the fire and had time to pump up our backpak tanks with air. Pretty seure we'd have been fine but still scarym. Burning alive cant be fun and we had no idea what danger we were in until it was too late.
>>
File: images (51).jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images (51).jpg
8KB, 222x227px
>>861300
Neither is your home or u wouldnt have to pay fucking taxes on it...

Gubment owns all real estate.
>>
>>862007
Removing without vielence. Litterally take all their shit to another spot. Fake a letter from the cops? Just set it on fire when they leave? Dunno short of just gathering like 39 people and making them leave.
>>
>>864311
underrated

bums, tramps, oogles, crusties, etc can go fuck themselves. You're lazy and worthless. The only reason you can eat with your EBT card is because other people aren't leeches on society, and have part of their check donated to your "buy this cereal, return it later for cash, and buy beer" card. You aren't edgy with your stick and poke face tattoo, leftover crack is a shit band, knowing the CSX line is not a life skill, "puke" is a shitty street name, and only reason you convince yourself that what you're doing is okay is because you have quit on everything your entire life. You have never made and kept a commitment, because you are weak and can't live without being coddled. Enjoy using a rubber band and bic as a capo for your banjo with 2 string future dumpster coffin resident. Please overdose.
>>
What do you guys think about the life quality dilemma? It's surely obvious that life expectancy is much lower and disease is much higher for the homeless. Now, when working a job, a regulated life per-se you have a large amount of energy. You never slow down. Now people on the dole or out of work I'd theorize have a chronic lack of energy from the chronic lack of inactivity. How do the homeless justify this?

You always call us wageslaves, but at least the weight of our ankles don't feel like shackles.
>>
>>864371
Hahaha shit anon, yeah you SURE hit the nail on the head. Fuckin know nothing butthurt bitch

Kekd to death
>>
>>864380
None of that is actually an issue.
>>
>>864339
Its all good mayne, im set. But if you wanna meet up and shoot the shit im down. You saw my email. Hit me up.
>>
>>864413
This is completely false. Absolutely, entirely false. How could you so boldly say something so incorrect?

Another dilemma I have, what do the homeless do to provide for their families? Is there no desire for good foresight and forward actions towards being able to provide and protect your children and elders? Is family a non-existant idea for homeless?
>>
>>864425
Heh, guy, you can shitpost all you want but if you truly desire info i am one of two reliable sources ITT. You are ignorant, thats okay because most people are when it comes to this subject. Homeless=/=suffering.
>>
>>864427
I'm not implying you're suffering. I don't know you. How can you call me ignorant for asking questions? This is the type of volatile mindset that concerns me. It's a fact that inactivity leads to depression and lethargy. Being an outlier in this does not and will not ever make this false.

My two questions were
1) How do the homeless maintain a functional morale?
And
2) How do the homeless deal with families? Not simply keeping relationships, specifically taking care of your family.

I would like to know how this is shitposting and I would also like to know how my questions make me ignorant.

It would be an honest and acceptable answer to say "I don't cope with my inactivity, or am at least young enough to not notice, and I also have cut all ties with my family." Don't think I'm implying this is an unacceptable answer, there is nothing to hide.
>>
>>864533
Im calling you ignorant for your assumptions, not your questions.

As for the answers, there is no lack of morale. The people who hate their lives as homeless hate their lives no matter what and it is usually a product of addiction. As far as providing for your family, there is no lack of money. Once again, poverty is a main side effect of addiction. You and many others here assume all homeless are destitute, helpless, and or mentally incapable. As for the tools of the trade, you need only to lurk moar and read. Im not worried about what you believe, as such i do not concern myself with repetition for your benefit. Take whatever stance you want, but there is no reason to assume your percieved issues are relevant at all, and it is not particularly wise to tell me i am wrong about aspects of the life i have been living for years.
>>
>>864412
>no nothing
I've ridden rails, I've housed travelers, I've toured in bands, and I've traveled (rubber tramp you'd call me then) extensively. You and your kind are just pathetic. Sorry
>>
>>864543
But anon, you havent, and i wouldnt give a shit if you did, because youre a huge bitch!
>>
>>864546
>being this triggered
Sorry man. Maybe there will be some more money on your ebt tomorrow.
>>
>>864549
>implying

Just keep posting anon, do it!
>>
>>864540
First of all, they aren't assmptions. They're pure hard facts. Now you mistake me for assuming that this covers all homeless, obviously it does not. Both questions revolve around main issues being depression and poverty and addiction, not homelessness itself. This is obvious.

What I am curious about is the ability to maintain peak physical shape and alertness while homeless, and also maintaining familial obligations.

You are too defensive, and didn't actually address any of this.

Obviously people are all unique, this is so obvious. Please stop thinking I wouldn't be fully aware of this.

Let me make it easier, don't speak for anyone else. How do you do these things? Or do you not?
>>
>>864546
>rejecting someones life experiences because it inhibits my initial reaction to their statement
>being this triggered
Sorry man. Maybe there will be some more money on your ebt tomorrow.
>>
>>864552
>maintain peak physical shape and alertness

You realize these people just huddle in squats with other tramps and crust punks drinking shitty booze and smoking Crack right? They literally don't care for anything of the things you're asking about. They are content leeching on society until the well runs dry and they have to move on or die
>>
>>864552
You need to re-evaluate what fact and assumption mean. See, when you are talking about something you know nothing of, and calling the words you type facts, you are in fact posting assumptions.

I stay fit by not being a slovenly fuck. I eat well, and my life lends itself to staying active and healthy. As far as providing for my family, or others who i take in, i make plenty of money and have no problem getting anyone what they need. If you would lurk moar, you would know almost every aspect of my life. Dont be afraid to read anon. If youd like to know more, you are going to have to be more specific.
>>
>>864555
>shitposting on an iranian mickey mouse fanclub image sharing forum
>shiggy
>>
>>864561
You sure are touchy for someone who "has it figured out".
>>
>>864564
>implying
>>
>>864563
>gets btfo
>posts le epic may may
Pathetic
>>
>>864566
Please anon, excuse me while i go give a fuck about what fags say to me in shitpost general
>>
>>864561
No, you lack reading comprehension. Its a fact that familial ties and health is damaged due to depression, poverty and addiction. This is not an assunption.

Thank you for answering my questions, see, I don't need to lurk if you're simply willing to answer questions.

Sounds like you have a decent system, have a good one.

Begin each interaction with positive intent brother, I'm not against you for asking questions. And to finish this off, you were the one that connected my facts to homelessness.
>>
>>864572
Im not worried either way, but just for the record

>It's surely obvious that life expectancy is much lower and disease is much higher for the homeless
>This is completely false. Absolutely, entirely false. How could you so boldly say something so incorrect?
>Now people on the dole or out of work I'd theorize have a chronic lack of energy from the chronic lack of inactivity.

On that last one you covered your ass a bit but its obvious that you do indeed assume a lot. At any rate, like i said, if youd like to know more ask more specific questions. Its a bit of a bitch to just post generalizations thread after thread.
>>
>>864576
No, I wasn't assuming. Statistically this is completely true. I addressed the root causes so you wouldn't be so confused.
>>
>>864577
There is a whole world out here that you can not educate yourself on based on studies and statistics. You are ignorant, and you do assume. Its okay anon, you can overcome if you want, im here for you.
>>
>>864567
Where else would you go? Nowhere. You're stuck in the hole you have dug yourself regardless of how you jump through metal hoops trying to justify it
>>
>>864585
My hole is tits anon, you should come visit.
>>
>>864586
Where are you located
>>
>>864584
When you take in the information 2+2=4, it is not an assumption to tell someone it is 4.

Of course the world is vast, you come from such an acutely negative angle.

How many more obvious statements will you make?
>the world is large
>people are unique

What are you achieving? We aren't arguing. Theres nothing to argue about. What thoughts is your brain having that leads you to think these phrases are relavant? Actually I don't care to know, because they are likely supported by circular logic. Remember now, keyword "likely", Mr.Special unique snowflake.
>>
>>864589
Anywhere you want me bb

>>864590
You are missing the point entirely, but its still okay anon. Im here for you, come get a hug and lets have dinner behind the 711.
>>
>>864592
Actually I love 7/11 hotdogs. Theres no better sloppy food to eat. Slathrr that chili and cheese an get your damn moneys worth with calories!

No, I don't think I'm missing the point. I'm a completely open minded person thats very independant, and you have surely made assumptions about me to oppose that. So, in my mind, you are very ironic.

I was asking you questions, and setting an environment by providing auxillery data.
>>
>>864596
I gotta be careful with that shit, its a bitch to have the shits when theres nowhere to shit.

I dont think you are close minded, if aything i am just bad at explaining things.
>>
>>864603
Haha yeah, those shits are nuclear but you build a tolerance
>>
File: rsz_0428161740b_hdr.jpg (285KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_0428161740b_hdr.jpg
285KB, 747x1328px
>>864604
Its even worse when you dig em out of a trash can. Probably wont go that route again... Probably.
>>
Comfy read guys as usual. Especially the pictures! Glad you're enjoying it :)
>>
File: 14750085057850.jpg (125KB, 1280x281px) Image search: [Google]
14750085057850.jpg
125KB, 1280x281px
>>864764
Ayy lmao
Here's somewhere between seaside and cannon beach Oregon, walked that trail one day while hitching the coast last year
>>
>>85484>>854841
This guy sounds jaded af
>>
Hurray, as of tomorrow morning I'm a bum. I have been given a month with a friend to ease the transition. Looking forward to memeing with you guys.
>>
>>864414
Fuckin eh right mayne. Might have to!
>>
>>845485
If you are in the north it's time to move south for the winter, better to be homeless in the warm than the cold.
>>
File: 14752698773640.jpg (430KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14752698773640.jpg
430KB, 1024x768px
Wew ded thred, guess I'll pop in and greentext random stories
>bumming it up in San Francisco
>standing on street with a friend and his acquaintances
>one acquaintance has a few cats in a stroller
>at first glance all of us look like run of the mill dirty bums
>group of drunk tourists walking down the sidewalk towards us, laughing and carrying on
>friend waves his arms big and tells them to be quiet, motions at stroller
>tourists all get really quiet and wide eyed, female in their group starts to "aww" but our group dynamic doesn't really fit an "aww"
>all of them peering into the stroller as they walk past
>they realize it's two cats instead of a baby
>everyone starts laughing uncontrollably
>friend sells them weed
>>
Fucking bums with smartphones, only in America.
>>
>>866814
if my life ever becomes pushing around cats and selling weed im killing myself
>>
File: 14753575147311.jpg (419KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
14753575147311.jpg
419KB, 1024x576px
>>867225
I dunno famalam, imagine having some cats to fight off the army of raccoons that come for your cat food at 3 am, that's Nat Geo shit

>in Tucson
>find a quiet park somewhat close to 4th street(about a mile from it)
>set up sleepspot on edge of the park in a corner, near a lone tree and a few feet from chain link fence spanning the edge of the park
>other side of fence is dark obscure extra parking lot for the park with the only entrance far away from sleepspot
>start to fall asleep
>car suddenly pulls up right across from me on other side of fence, backs in and turns lights out
>car starts rocking after a few minutes, get up and slide my tarp/gear/puppers about 15 feet down the fence, lay back down
>car stops rocking after a few more minutes, lights come on and they drive away
>start to fall asleep again, train goes by a few feet from me
>start to fall asleep again
>another car comes and parks across from where the first car parked
>they turn the lights off and the same thing as before commences
>another train goes by and lights me and the park up for a second
>car/lights suddenly comes on and they drive away quickly
>start to fall back asleep
>sprinklers come on and start splashing me

Bonus round
>slide back down to original spot near tree which is managing to stay dry
>sprinklers turn off, second sprinklers that water basically the same area come on
>these sprinklers are now getting my feet wet
>convert into buritto tarp and try to sleep
>>
>>867301
How the fuck do you people have Internet and a place to post on the internet?
>>
>>867205
yeah that's absolutely how it works you fucking malcontent
>>
File: 14753723843160.jpg (367KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14753723843160.jpg
367KB, 1024x768px
>>867405
>cell phones are a diamond dozen
>wifi in almost every business; grocery stores, in a lot of the public parks, in the dentist office, you name it
it's hard to find time to shitpost on the internet, between selling everything we own for crack and trashing your parks, but we're persistent

The bigger mystery is how we uncivilized barbarians are capable of manipulating technology at all
>>
File: rsz_1001162049.jpg (180KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1001162049.jpg
180KB, 1328x747px
>poser yuppie rv bums sleeping at walmart
>>
>>867493
>Losers that actually got a job and can afford better things.

Don't hate people that worked harder in life then you.
>>
>>867514
Back off?!?!
>>
>>867489
Well I assume you degenerates at least had some highschool
>>
Just picked up a 2nd full time job :^)

Can't wait to buy that new Tesla!
>>
>>867493

cute doggo
>>
>>867645
huh
>>
File: IMG_20161002_183550.jpg (672KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_183550.jpg
672KB, 747x1328px
>the de lousing stump
>>
File: IMG_20161002_184849.jpg (314KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_184849.jpg
314KB, 1328x747px
Back in Nebraska, comin for that sweet Washington ass
>>
File: 14657750448000.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14657750448000.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>868216
Fucking lel, saved
>>
>>867493
Damn nice rig for /out/!

Can't wait for the loser thread to 404.
>>
>>868231

Hey man, born in Nebraska and currently living in Washington here. How are you fairing with the Nebraska weather? I'd think it'd be too damn cold at night.

If you make it up here I'll share a joint with ya. I'm more of a hiker camper but the traveling life is so tempting to me. I'm a pretty good poker player too so I've always dreamed of traveling across US making cash when needed at casinos.
>>
File: rsz_0610162212a_hdr.jpg (216KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_0610162212a_hdr.jpg
216KB, 1328x747px
>>868346
Nice you got anymore from that night?
>>
>>868368
Its a breeze man. Not even close to too cold. Last time i was here it was 110 for days
>>
>>868368
>>868397
Where you at? Ill be in the state in a week or less.
>>
File: 14755134499940.jpg (244KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14755134499940.jpg
244KB, 1280x960px
>>868391
Sasquatch?

I got a few, I'll email you the one with you in it
>>
>>850277
5 hours a day (probably more) 6 days a week.
Be at the mercy of someone else and need to ask someone for everything.
probably get military condition bed shower+ bathroom.

VS

Work for 8$p/h 5 hours a day 6 days a week= 960$
600$ on rent
360$ to eat whatever you feel like eating.

Skills are useful only if you intend on homesteading or some shit.

>It can be pretty dupe if you get the right people to be with but probably most of them are pretentious faggots with terrible conditions getting power trips daily.
>>
>tfw you will have to wagecuck for the rest of your life
>ywn live a comfy life innawoods
>>
>>869188
>Skills are useful only if you intend on homesteading or some shit.
lol
>>
>>853892
You know how to get out of your student loans? Call the company holding the loan and tell them you're homeless. I am now required to pay $0/mo for that reason and don't care what effect that has on the imaginary number they associate with my name that will stop me from buying that house and car I've been dreaming of.
>>
>>854538
Don't downplay the greatness of someone else's life because you can't imagine it for yourself. Y'know?
>>
>>854588
Certified, full of no shit.
>>
>>854624
I would just say, living this way brings out the nice folks. You meet people you can relate to, who live similarly, and kind souls who just want to help.
>>
>>850805
Married. Livin it up together on the road. It's perfect for us.
>>
>tfw was convinced I would hate being a wagecuck because of pop culture

I actually don't mind it.
>>
>>864533
Working 40+ hours with no end in sight other than working until retirement, at which point this worked to the bone body will just slump into a chair until death =an impossible scenario in which, for me, to find anything motivating.
Having only what I need, going where I want, when I want, with no demands on MY time, living my life, spending time with like minded folks in beautiful places =all the motivation I'll ever need.
Home bums define the homeless as much as that tweaker at McD's defines working folks.
>>
any of you hobos in vehicles use sterno stoves or otherwise small convenient grills? do you ever use em in the vehicle itself? how bout portable crappers? luggable loo?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.