[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work in agriculture but University is not really an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 930552.jpg (154KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
930552.jpg
154KB, 750x738px
I want to work in agriculture but University is not really an option for me. I've volunteered at various farms in different countries, one in particular was my ideal job. I worked with the animals every morning, maintained the grounds, planted new tree's and plants, pulled weeds and sometimes worked in the Musteri making apple cider, along with various jobs around the farm. My question is, for those without a degree how did you get into agriculture? Are there intern programs for adults

I've done WWOOF and I guess that could lead to a job but that's a shot in the dark
>>
>>841661
Literally use your experiences to build a resume, work as a farm manager.

I have friends who do that but generally speaking college education is very important to not be a worker unless your experiences show leadership and managerial capabilities.
>>
>>841661
semen demon who?
>>
>>841661
>WWOOF
how was that? that sounds like what im trying to get into
>>
>>841661
my god this little commie girl is a super cutie
>>
>>842858
Not OP but I've done it a few times. Mostly depends on how legit the farms you volunteer for are. I went to a mushroom farm in Germany and the people there expected me to work for 12 hours a day 6 days a week with ~1000 calories worth of food once a day. I left after two weeks (was supposed to stay for 2 months) and had to hitch hike to the nearest town because they refused to drive me to town. That was an adventure in itself. The rest of my experiences with WWOOF were really good though, just watch out for bad organizations
>>
File: Eiidsvåg.jpg (91KB, 978x550px) Image search: [Google]
Eiidsvåg.jpg
91KB, 978x550px
>>841661
How far do you want to go?
Do you want run a farm someday?
Have an agriculture related job?
Be a "farm hand" for the rest of your life?
Try it for a couple of years?
how far are you willing to travel?
And how long are you willing to wait?
>>
>>841661
Don't fucking bother. The only thing you'll be able to profitably farm without coming from a rich family, is pot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.