[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I not wear jeans when I go camping? If I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Why should I not wear jeans when I go camping?
If I don't where am i supposed to clip my knife scabbard?
>>
I'm serious I'm new here
>>
All jeans are pants, not all pants are jeans

More breathable water resistant options exist that you can still attach your knife fedora to
>>
>>840178
>knife fedora
So is there disdain for having a sheath instead of say putting it in my PFD?
>>
>>840178
You realize jean shorts exist right?
>>
>>840175
Wear whatever the fuck you want, you're a god damn adult
>>
>>840186

You realize absolutely no one thinks of jean shorts when someone mentions jeans, right?

Or are you that one guy wearing daisy dukes while /out/?
>>
>>840191
I do not wear daisy dukes, I have a little taste.
>>840187
Maybe so but I probably shouldn't wear a business suit.
>>
>>840207
That's entirely up to you
>>
>>840175
Hnng gurl lets take off our jeans and mix some of our genes!
>>
File: 1.jpg (69KB, 700x435px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
69KB, 700x435px
>>840207

>2016
>not wearing a business suit while /out/

What are you? A fuckin faggot?
>>
>>840175
shes fucking hot OP
>>
>>840175
I don't like jeans because they're restrictive when scrambling and climbing rocks and junk. Also if theres 5 minutes of sudden rain, you can enjoy being wet for a day and a half. Why couldn't you put your knife on other pants?
>>
>>840346
>5 minutes of sudden rain
Can't you just go pantsless until they dry? It wouldn't be like you set out to go naked so I don't think you can get in trouble.
>>
File: 41.jpg (48KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
48KB, 700x525px
>>840175
are there some affordable water resistant pants out there? like outdoorsy legit lightweight pants that aren't $80 ?
>>
>>840348
If I didn't need the pants in the first place, I wouldn't have worn them. I could go pantsless and just deal with bugs and tall grass and branches and wind and cold temps, but I'd rather just wear some water resistant quick drying pants.
>>
>>840358
Rei brand during a sale. Won't cost much more than a pair of jeans. Ignore the Rei haters on here.
>>
>>840348
never been /out/ confirmed
>>
>>840358
Is there a Decathlon in your country?

I own 200 Euro Haglofs pants and 35 Euro Decathlon pants. I prefer the Decathlon ones.
>>
>>840175
You can wear jeans, and it's not a huge deal, but if you're going somewhere hot or wet they can be pretty uncomfortable. They are not very breathable, and once they get wet, they take a long time to dry and will cling and chafe like a motherfucker until they do, and if it's cold and wet, it will really suck because cotton has zero to negative insulation value when wet. Their main virtues are that they're cheap, durable, and RELATIVELY fire resistant compared to synthetic, as in they won't melt if they get a spark on them or something (They won't save you if you jump into a fire or whatever).

I personally would go synthetic or wool, and generally you can find pants made from those materials that will have belt loops so you can wear a belt and sheath like you want. I, for one, think that wool is the best (even on hot days; wool comes in a variety of ways of being spun. The scratchy type is nice for heat, but you can get a much more finely spun type of fabric that'll be breathable and cool). It retains most of its insulative properties when wet, and is relatively durable. However, wool, especially super primo merino wool can be expensive, but it can be worth the investment. However this is not to shit on synthetic. Synthetic can be durable if it's made well and it dries ridiculously fast, and is usually a bit cheaper than wool.

But in all honesty, wear what you want. No one is going to see you in jeans and think, "what a loser," unless there is another reason to think so. Do what's within your preference/price range.
>>
>>840424
Here is a glossary of types of wool, but you really don't need to know all of them, but maybe it'll be useful to you, IDK.

https://info.fabrics.net/fabric-facts/glossary-of-wool-fabrics-and-weaves/
>>
>>840175
Has anyone ever told you that you have an embarrassing lack of problem solving skills?
>>
>>840207
>not wearing daisy dukes /out/
are you some kind of faggot?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.