[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true water bottles retain a smell after having flavored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 2652503110_54459c2826_b.jpg (286KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
2652503110_54459c2826_b.jpg
286KB, 1024x683px
Is it true water bottles retain a smell after having flavored drinks in them, thus attracting animals?
>>
>>835282
for a while yea. I make my nalgenes since they are all the white ones. but eventually if you wash them enough the smell and taste leave.

I use those little squirt bottles for flavor + caffeine and after about 10 minutes under full hot from my sink it is gone.

I wouldn't take your protein powder nalgene out unless you are using protein powder while out. the nalgne I use for that always has a milky smell.
>>
>>835318
>make
*mark
>>
>>835282
>attracting animals
If you leave them open, in camp bear country, and there isn't someone more of a dumbass than you camping nearby frying food in grease
>>
>>835282
They retain a smell and taste definitely, I had one that held a powdered Gatorade smell for 5 months after a lot of use and washing. If it attracts animals I'm not sure.
>>
Probably depends on what you make in it, i make this peach iced tea cordial in my nalgene daily but it dosnt leave a taste when i just use it as a waterbottle.

My sister "borrowed" one of mine to use for a smoothie bottle once, she left the smoothie in there for months before i found it, fucking pressurised putrid mess, cleaned it out, took a few good scrubbings but the smell did leave.
>>
Thanks anons; My scoutmaster used to be autismo tier in having us put the flavored use bottles in our bear bag and it was really annoying.
>>
I had preworkout in one and it still smells after a vinegar soak and going through the dishwasher like ten times. RIP
>>
>>835965
I can see reason for the extra precaution. My scoutmaster was similar. I guess it depends where you are.
>>
>>835475
Did you put it through a dish washer? I've never had a problem with smell retention in my HDPE bottles.

>>835282
Attracting animals won't be a problem even if the bottle retains a smell, as long as you close the lid tightly.
>>
Once I was in my car and didn't have anything to put out my cigarette butts, so I threw them in a half full water bottle. It's been a month and multiple boilings and I still can't get the taste out.
>>
>>835282
to avoid this smell in the field you must piss in the bottle. unless your diabetic
>>
>>835282
I wouldn't worry about attracting animals with water bottles. The most you should worry about is where the lid screws on - You need to get in there with a q-tip to keep it from getting nasty.
>>
>>837086
I didn't have one, but I scrubbed it multiple times with hot water to no avail.
>>
I don't think it would smell anymore than your sweat.
>>
>>835318
lol yeah protein powder residue stinks
>>
>>837091
big mistake, that will never come clean dude
>>
File: MFW24.jpg (59KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
MFW24.jpg
59KB, 640x414px
>2000+16
>putting ANYTHING but pure water into hiking bottles or camelbak bladders

Cant you mongs live without your daily mountain dew injection?
>>
>>835282
Soak it in baking soda and hot water, takes any smells right out. I mix tons of powdered sports drink into both my Nalgene bottle and water bladders.
>>
>>835282
>Is it true water bottles retain a smell after having flavored drinks in them
Yes
>thus attracting animals?
I don't think most animals like whatever shitty flavored drink you have with your water faggot.

Here's an idea though, just drink fucking water, or use metal/glass/other low reactivity bottles.
>>
File: incense_sticks.jpg (161KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
incense_sticks.jpg
161KB, 700x475px
I'll ask this here because making a new thread would be redundant.

Does burning incense attract bears?
>>
>>840373
Only panda bears.
>>
>>835282
food smells too, also attracting animals and you have to bring food to survive so what is your point?
>>
>>840387
most people like having water to drink throughout the night in their tent.

>>835282
this is probably a dumb question but can you bring whiskey into your tent? or leave it out of the bear bag? what's the rule with booze? same as all else that smells? i heard that even deodorant should be put in the bear bag. not sure why you'd have deodorant when you're /out/ but...
>>
>>835282
surely you can afford another $10 bottle to dedicate one to water and one to sugar drinks
>>
>>840391
Yeah water, not whatever this flavored drinks bullshit is.
>>
>>838058
No. Gotta have my Baja Blast,™ bro
>>
>>840327
They definitely do love shitty sugary drinks, dude. Sugar is basically crack to animals. But yeah, seconded on the low reactivity bottles. But I personally like metal more than glass, just because of the small possibility of breaking and being a catastrophe.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.