[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we just buy dogfood like dried chicken strips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Why can't we just buy dogfood like dried chicken strips for hikes and stuff? It's just dried meat, what is the difference between this and jerky? It's a 5th of the price, atleast in my country

Someone tell me why I am retarded
>>
>>834432
You can. Some people do that for emergency food so no one will eat it unless there is an emergency. Bad idea though.

Health standards are normally less strict for pet food than human food, but it really depends on where you live and where it comes from.

You should look into making your own jerky, it is really simple and you can tailor it to your tastes.
>>
Gee, I wonder why? Maybe because... It tastes like fucking shit? Huh, who'd a thought?
>>
>>834436
I live in Denmark, so I guess the standards are high. A little bag of jerky is like 8-9 dollars here, so can't afford that shit. I compared at the store, and the vast majority of ingredients that I knew what were, were the same. And will look into making my own

>>834437
I haven't tried it, but I figured that might be the case. How do you know though? Why would they intentionally make it taste shittier though, even unseasoned meat is tasty
>>
>>834432
you make make jerky from chicken, ground beef, mushrooms even....
>>
>>834432
Not much different, just flavor it
>>
>>834439
Because it's usually the most worthless meat that is used
>>
>>834432
Nobody is stopping you
>>
>>834432
As long as you cook it or process it in a retort pouch beyond the kill temp it should be fine
Salmonella has been a problem in the treats apparently.

>>834511
Chinese don't like white meat. They export a shit ton of the stuff because it would go to waste otherwise.
>>
File: 20160201_121848.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160201_121848.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>834439

Buy this:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B000FMM7KE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1470964149&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=dörrautomat&dpPl=1&dpID=415chNCq9ZL&ref=plSrch

Cut beefstripes (the capacitylimit of the dehydrator is about 1kg of beef stripes, better start with 750g) , cut away any fat, soak the stripes in whatever you like: salty sauces preferred for better dehydration (i use soysauce as base), avoid fat and oil it will get rancid.
Put it in the fridge over night.
Fill up the dehydrator with the stripes and dehydrate for 8-9h.

Repeat.

Use vaccum bags for long time storage

You can dehydrate fruits, vegetabels and mushrooms aswell.

Never tried it with
chicken though.
>>
>>834511
You mean like in fast food
>>
>>834672
Thanks, will look into it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.