[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a noob and I want to camp in nature for some time, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Einmann-Baumarktplanen-Tarp-001.jpg (604KB, 800x732px) Image search: [Google]
Einmann-Baumarktplanen-Tarp-001.jpg
604KB, 800x732px
I'm a noob and I want to camp in nature for some time, then never do it again.
I thus bought a tarp to make a cheap tent.

Yesterday I tried to build it up to see how it goes. I managed to make something okayish, closed on three sides. The picture is only distantly related. I could sleep in there, have room for my stuff, and I can touch the sides, the sticks and the strings without it falling down.

This morning I went to check on it and it was still up. Problem is, the inside was all wet. I don't think it rained, I think it's all condensation.

Is there something I can do about it ?
>>
>>832269
Someone's dog pissed in it?
>>
>>832269
You could get a trash bag and cover the front of it. Tuck it under the bottom, go inside, and use clothes pins to pin it with the extra material. Not perfect, of course, but I'd bet it would cut a good deal of that dew. The door wouldn't be rain-proof, but If you threw an extra trash bag to hang down from the top over that makeshift door, I'd think you might have something that could work. I'd definitely try it out before going out.
>>
>>832279
Closing it better reduces condensation ?
I was thinking that more aeration would help, though of course that would become a problem on rainy days.

I just thought about this : the tarp is white. Does it have an effect ?
>>
You want airflow, why do you think a simple A frame tarp is still so popular?
>>
>>832388
I assumed it was for simplicity.
>>
Never do it again? Go home....
>>
>>832388
>>832269
Airflow, airflow airflow. In drier, colder times the set up you used would make more sense.
>>
You can probably rent gear from somewhere
>>
Here's a few set ups, try and see what works.

The ground is cold, you'll want at least a password below you. Even if it's hot out, the ground socks heat from you, it's also hard. Walmart has pads for like $10 that will work, but won't be that comfortable.
>>
>>832269
>>832584
Get a blow up pool float. The only downside is its a bitch to blow up. It's compact and provides an air barrier for maximum insulation. Some even have an air chamber for a pillow built in. If you plan to be outside for a short time you can throw it away. If it gets punctured you can easily fix with duct tape
>>
>>832733
Seconded, I use pool floaties after shopping for and being disappointed by spendy sleeping pads.
>>
File: raftbed.jpg (36KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
raftbed.jpg
36KB, 450x450px
>>832733
>>833035
they're ok. they make more noise, aren't super warm, heavier than other inflatables and take a bitchass long time to inflate by comparison as well.

...but they're $8
>>
>>832269
You use a tent to use as a rain tarp and a sleeping bag makes a great rain fly
>>
>>832269
If you weren't in it it's probably morning dew. Closing it off more might help.
>>
>>833257
ULTRALIGHT
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.