[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sawyer is coming out with new filters that remove heavy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Sawyer is coming out with new filters that remove heavy metals and other stuff
>>
File: dankboychina.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dankboychina.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>830073
why shouldnt i just use
>>
>>830086

You can use that if you want, it's cool.
>>
>>830086
What is it called and where can I buy
>>
I am stupid and I don't understand. Am I supposed to take several water filters with me when I go innawoods?
>>
>>830141
They're just different levels of filtration.
>>
Now i want the s2.
>>
File: finn.jpg (29KB, 277x390px) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
29KB, 277x390px
>>830073
>>
>>830129
aliexpress, ebay, amazon
search "water filter camping" or "soldier water filter"
>>
File: 1470265025410.jpg (521KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1470265025410.jpg
521KB, 1280x1920px
H Y P E D
Y
P
E
D
>>
>>830141
Only if those woods are on former industrial wastelands from the previous epa era.
Most /out/ areas are fine, but they'll probably sell a bunch to paranoid schizos who read infowars.
>>
>>830199
Pre-epa.
Autocorrect shitting up my post.
>>
>>830199
>bunch to paranoid schizos who read infowars
yup, I already have on sawyer mini, but I will upgrade to these new ones.
>>
So op do you have more information or what? Link us. There's nothing on their website.
>>
>>830199
Well, i live in a third World country. You cant trust the water here.
>>
>>830243
Where do you live mate? Mexico? The new saywer will only be released in the spring of 2017
>>
>>830245
Yep, Mexico. And i have been outdoors and find pretty contaminated water.
>>
>>830248
It's not a 3rd world anon. My buddy went there on honeymoon and loved it. He stayed only in touristic parts tho.
>>
>>830250
>it's not 3rd world. The resort we stayed in was really nice!

Haha
>>
>>830257
Some things might be bad but it's not Somalia, Sudan or Venezuela bad, is it? At least you guys have godtier beaches ;_;
>>
>>830250
Well, the tourist parts are nice and clean. But in the contryside a lot of people throw their garbage and sewage everywhere.
>>
>>830259
We are not starving. The main problem is the uneducated people and corruption.
>>
>>830262

Tec De Monterrey rich kid detected. Uneducated people aren't "the problem", they're a symptom.
>>
>>830237
They just announced it. It's only on their Instagram thus far.

Uses new filtering tech. The foam filter is in the pouch.
>>
>mfw drinking straight out of cold mountain stream
Actually I use a standard Sawyer filter cause I don't really care to find out just how much giardia sucks
>>
>>830266
Well, uneducated people are the ones who throw the sewage to the rivers.
>>
>>830073
great timing, I just deflorated my sawyer mini last weekend... Any more info on pricing?
>>
>>830310
SO we just need to buy the new pouch? Noice.
>>
It's about time. I walk on train tracks a lot and I don't even wanna about the kind of shit that I've ingested.
>>
>>830373
Looks like it. I hope so too but I think that wouldn't make it reusable
>>
File: iWzpO.png (653KB, 622x418px) Image search: [Google]
iWzpO.png
653KB, 622x418px
>>830073
>tfw heavy metals are removed
>>
I can separate heavy metal by centrifugation. Just spin your bottle around real fast then decant the top clean water into another bottle.
>>
File: tsunami.jpg (1MB, 1460x2202px) Image search: [Google]
tsunami.jpg
1MB, 1460x2202px
>>830332

and reproduce making even more uneducated trash loving people, but they're totally not a problem.

...yeah brah.
>>
>>830129
katadyn hiker, anywhere that sells outdoor junk, $30-40
>>
>>830260
we have some Mexican immigrants at work who leave their smeared shit toilet paper in the garbage cause that's what they do in Mexico. Also
>not exclusively burning literally all your trash
>>
>>830199
I'd use at least the S2, but then again I'm paranoid as fuck about viruses in wild water.
>>
File: kat.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kat.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>830129
>>830149
That one looks like a shitty Katadyn knockoff.
>>
>>830600
You could get the MSR Guardian, $350. Doesn't remove chemicals though.
>>
>>830086
>trusting any fucking chinese shit to be in contact with your skin for prolonged times
>let alone something as critical as filtering
Good luck, call back when you're shitting your guts out. Because that's what's gonna happen when you find some water that actually needs to be filtered.
>>
>>830522
Damn i want to go to the beach now.
>>
>>830601
$300 nty
>>
>>830782
See:
>>830699
>>
>>830879
There also are cheap brand mane filters though, which can be trusted.
Just don't fucking buy something that is backed by ching dong wu that obviously cares a lot about your health and cares about the image of his 1-year-lasting company.
>>
>>830199
Nice try globalist scum.
>>
>>830199
You mean Southern California?

I'd get more lead poisoning drinking from the LA River than I would chewing on a .45 caliber bullet.
>>
>>830440
Brutal.
>>
>>830522
What really bothers me about this picture is how 90% of all the bodies are in the same position.

Faced down and kind of in an open sitting position. Like they've been floating for days...
>>
>>830073
Took 'em long enough.

It'd be nice if they made heavy-duty filters like these specifically for Klean Kanteen's larger stainless-steel bottles, or at least some kind of adaptor cap.

Take one of those Vestergaard gravity filters, throw some purifier tablets in it, then fill one of the 64OZ bottles with it. Then clip the gravity filter to your pack (external frame master-race).

Half-a-gallon of treated and double-filtered water with more on-tap. What's not to love?
>>
File: image.jpg (5MB, 3021x3480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5MB, 3021x3480px
>>834269
The problem would be designing an adapter that that lets water flow into the bottle, while letting air in the bottle escape. Not impossible but not as straightforward as it seems.
>>
>>834321
Pointless. Twist the cap off, fill the bottle, throw two (for the 64OZ bottles I'm describing) treatment tablets into it. Shake, and reattach the cap.
>>
>>834476
That would totally remove heavy metals!

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>834492
How did people even survive on /out/tings before portable membrane technology?
>>
>>834499
>how did people survive before X?
If you took the time to read a book, you'd know they often didn't.
>>
>>830310

See now, that's a bastard because those things are fucking impossible to fill unless you've got fast flowing water or something to scoop the water with.
>>
>>835717
It was so useless that I threw it against a wall in blind rage and left it there.
>>
how good is the life straw for basic inawoods fuckery
>>
>>836457
Get a Sawyer. Not much more expensive.
>>
>>834492
That's what the hypothetical removable filter adaptor would be for, you fuckin' troglodyte.

I seriously hope they're using some thick rubber for those pouches.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.