[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /out/, Sorry to bother you, but what's a poorfag to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Hi /out/,

Sorry to bother you, but what's a poorfag to do when it comes to buying shoes for walking around all day on city streets? Any recommended brands that won't fall apart on me too fast? My funds are pretty limited, 50 or 60 bucks at absolute most...

Picture somewhat unrelated.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829505
Go with clearance stuff. I wear skate/bmx shoes around most of the time and I always stop by Zumiez and other similar stores in the mall to check out their clearance section when I'm nearby. I wear a size 13 so it's a little larger than most people and I can normally find a pair or two of $100 shoes for $60 that I like. Might be a little more difficult if you wear a size 10, but not impossible.
>>
>>829508
>buying $60 shoes on a whim
>17 pairs of shoes

How can you justify owning $1,000 in shoes?
>>
>>829508
>numales
>>
>>829520
>he doesn't color coordinate
I mean some are for work, some are for beating up outdoors, some for the beach, some for court, some for a nice dinner out, and some for just hanging out.

>>829522
Wut?
>>
>>829505
Vibram soles last much much longer than most other rubber soles. I have some shoes with Vibram soles that I have worn almost daily for several years and the soles are still decent.
>>
>>829505
I've got a pair of Timberland Earthkeepers, been wearing them since January most days for every day walking to work/university. Very rugged, the leather is decent quality and they're waterproof meaning. Ankle support is fantastic as well and I've had very little problems with heel deterioration (but getting shoes reheeled is super easy these days). Might be a little bit out of your price range, mine cost me £150 but I think you can get them for around £75, not sure what that is in freedom bucks, sorry. Could always find a used pair, they last for decades.
>>
Thanks, everyone. I'm a NEET who's trying to get outside more, but there's no point if I don't have decent shoes - my current ones are in tatters.

Thank you for your help!
>>
>>829570
No problem OP, happy exploring.
>>
File: boott.jpg (218KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
boott.jpg
218KB, 1500x1500px
>>829505
These are $30 on Amazon, but Uncle Sam put them on your feet for free if you decide to fight for LIBERTY. The USGI Jungle Boot is the finest piece of gear to ever grace the foot of any American and the face of any foreigner.
>>
I'm not trying to shill but OP you should go to one of those Dr Scholls "Custom Fit" orthotic (insole) machines. They have them at walmarts and walgreens, just look it up to find one near you. You stand on a machine with soft foam pads that have some kind of pressure sensors and the machine determines which insole is right for you based on your feet.

I did this and it was the best $30 I ever spent. One pair of insoles that I can use with my boots, running shoes, regular casual shoes, or anything else.
>>
>>829505
Maybe a little late but nobody has said cross trainers yet. Dude, just get a pair of really comfy trainers, no flat sole and decent arch support. Break them in before hand so you don't give yourself blisters.

Trust me. I've been in both good and bad situations, this is what you should do.
>>
>>829524
Ive got a pair of steel toes boots that I have for work that Ive been wearing for about 4 years. I have a pair of shoes for everything else that Ive had for about 2 years.

You are a sissy boy.
>>
Good shoes ($100+) will last up to ten times longer than $20 shoes in my experience. Find a pair of running shoes or cross trainers from a decent brand on closeout sale, try them on for size and order off the internet of you really want to save a buck. My dad always told me if it goes between you and the ground (tires, shoes, bed, etc) then it's worth investing in quality equipment. I'm partial to Asics but there are a lot of good brands.

If you want to really save some money but a lightly uses pair at a thrift store. Here you definitely need to buy high end because they will already have a lot of miles, and they won't form to your foot like a new pair but I've gotten years of use out of $10 shoes that way.
>>
>>830219
Yeah, if you're just a garbage collector I can see how dressing up would be like polishing a turd. It's ok though, some guys like rough trade.
>>
File: niggawhat.jpg (78KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
niggawhat.jpg
78KB, 960x678px
>>829508
>suggests buying cheap shoes to save money
>have 17 pairs of cheap shoes totaling at least 1020 dollars.
>dont even own 1 good /out/ shoe
nigga what are you doing?
>>
>>831488
This is true. I have some knock-off Tims but no real hiking shoes. I thought about grabbing a pair of Merrils or something from Dick's but the extent of my /out/ is fishing or going to the beach and I will wear the cheap Tims or a beat up pair of Nikes for fishing since they get covered in prickley shit anyway.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.