[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>developed sciatic nerve damage after some heavy days. >less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: DSC01092.jpg (4MB, 5472x3080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01092.jpg
4MB, 5472x3080px
>developed sciatic nerve damage after some heavy days.
>less than 100 miles from the Oregon/California border.
>will be home in 2 days and back to work in 14 days.
>tfw

Good luck to my fellow Pacific Crest Trail bro's on here, its been a journey.
>>
>>829298
As someone who's always wanted to do at least part of the Pacific Crest Trail, how did you pack for this trip? Always concerned about overloading my pack with shit I'll end up not needing
>>
I had a sprained knee after doing some high mile days right before the midpoint. I've taken 2.5 weeks off to let it get better, might see a physical therapist too. Probably going to skip up to Oregon once i return.
>>
>>829298
Also sorry to hear that bro.
>>
>>829298
When did you start the trail?
Not in April, right?
Shouldn't people be finishing the trail next month?

Not trying to diss you. But I was hearing the trail is like 5 months long?
>>
OP since you've spent some time on it what do you think the chances of being busted are if you rode the whole route on a mountain bike?
>>
>>829797
Gotta watch out for the Trail Mounties
If they catch you doing anything but walking, they'll ride you down and hogtie you.
They don't take a liking to bikin folk
>>
>>829797
The entire trail? Nearly 100%.
>>
>>829298

any comments about the trail? how was it? If you're going to be bummed out about going back to work you can at least relish in your memories with us.
>>
>>829916
Not OP but also on the trail. It's pretty awesome. Incredible views, cool people. Past the halfway point it's a bit thinned out, I'm wondering if op and i have met.
>>
>>829298
Why do thruhikers think they can go from 20+ years of sedentary life to hiker badass who can hike 30 miles a day up the steeps in two weeks?
>>
>>831344
That's pretty much the minority of people who quit in the first... two weeks. There was actually a guy this year who averaged 10 mi/day, and quit at Kennedy Meadows (700 miles in). With the people I hiked with, it almost felt like a running meetup.
>>
>>831361
What I'm sayin is, you never hiked like that in yo life and then you just kinda are doin it for months on end, yo gonna have problems by the end of it.
>>
>>831530
Plenty of people finish without problems. They also have an incredible experience at the end. I guess this concept is known as "taking risks." Sometimes it works out sometimes not, you just have to see how it goes.
>>
>>831530
If you never hiked before you will have problems in your first hour my retarded friend
>>
Another knee injury here...got off in Shasta for 3 weeks. I think I'm better off flip flopping from manning I don't want to be in Washington late October.
>>
>>831679
Sounds like some of us got a little mile crazy after the Sierra. I never so much as had a twinge of knee pain until the halfway point. I'm going to skip up to Shasta or Ashland when I get back on trail.
>>
>>831679
Was it knee sprain/chondromalacia?
>>
>>831767
I don't think so, I can't remember twisting it or anything, it's an overuse injury.
>>
>>831604
Retard, I said "hiked like that in yo life", meaning hiked 20 miles a day with a backpack on up and down the steep steeps.
>>
>>832078
Why yo speeching ebonics?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.