[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont know if this should be on /k/ or not but here i go anyways.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 300_BLK_SBR_Copy.jpg (104KB, 1279x497px) Image search: [Google]
300_BLK_SBR_Copy.jpg
104KB, 1279x497px
I dont know if this should be on /k/ or not but here i go anyways. What would the general population think of taking an sbr /out/ my theroy is it would be alot less cumbersome then a full length for the obvious, less material less weight. Compact size easier to navigate through brush. And if it got down to you not wanting ti sling it you could always put it in your bag if your like me and dont ever fill your bag completely up. Im just looking for others perspective, i may be blind to some things.
>>
>>824081
If I saw you I'd assume you were a tryhard tactifag civilian. But if it's all you got its all you got.
>>
>>824084
Unfortunately i do serve. Armyfag here.
>>
>>824088
I recently ETSd from the Army. I bet you wear your tan shirt and green socks in civilian attire.
>>
>>824091
Lol cant say i do. Flip flops and shorts and hair way beyond regs. Been in way to long to look like some fresh tradoc soilder.
>>
>>824081
I wouldn't. A carbine sized rifle has never seemed too cumbersome to me. Plus, I tend to baby my NFA items
>>
>>824120
I know a little of topic...Im still waiting on my aproval, but this is my first nfa weapon. Have you, i guess you could say been harassed by anyone while having your nfa item at a range or anything
>>
>>824121
I live in Kansas, there's not much I could get my hands on that would scare the locals. The worst I've ever had is someone asking if it's legal. It really depends on where you live in my opinion

There's always going to be someone who thinks they know more than you and makes a comment or gives you a look, fuck em. Just follow the rules of your range, state, NFA, etc and you'll be fine. If you're doing something technically legal but looks illegal you're going to draw attention. Make sure your ass is covered.

And there are some great, lightweight carbines out there, give them a look.
>>
>>824129
Two more questions. Could you point me in the direction of some lite carbines decently priced and is it a requirement to keep your paperwork on you while transporting(in state) and operating your nfa items
>>
>>824081
I take a glock 21 when I'm /out/, because it's small, has a large magazine capacity, and will drop anything from people to black bears (with the correct loads). I'm not gonna be sniping people innawoods anyway, self defense situations tend to be very up close and ugly. Handgun is perfectly suited- just make sure you follow the laws of each state and park you're in if you're gonna carry a handgun

Like you, I was also paid money to walk long distances with a pack and a rifle. It fucking sucked, so why would I do that shit for free if I had a choice? Handguns are lighter than any SBR and are just as useful when used as an up close defense weapon, which is what I assume you're carrying your weapon for.
>>
>>824136
Not OP but ive been wondering this, would you want ball rounds or hollow points? My thinking is that you'd want more penetration for something large and thick like a bear
>>824134
My understanding is that you need to have it upon request. Pretty much everyone highly recommends you keep it on you whenever you go out with the item.
>Sub 2000
>M4 style rifle
>VZ58
>SKS
>SU-16
>Hi-point carbine
off the top of my head
>>
>>824136
Where were you stationed at. At the moment the only handgun i have is a 1st gen glock 27. Ive come to the realization that ita just to small lol. I guess id be better off investing in a larger handgun.

Thanks for the opinion man. And i know youve heard it a thousand times and like most of us we hate hearing it but thanks for your service.
>>
>>824137
Alright thanks for the help and the advice man, highly appreciated.
>>
>>824139
aint no thang brother
>>824136 has me reconsidering the carbine though. call me paranoid or unpractical but ive been ingrained with the idea that you use a pistol to get to a rifle. but the weight and portability of a pistol makes it mighty attractive
>>
>>824142
Thats exactly what i was always told about a pistol so its definitly on of those things that is foreign to me
>>
>>824137
For black bear, I use hard cast flat nose +p bullets

>>824138
I was in the guard, but I got sent to afghanistan and fucked around in the hindu kush on occasion

>>824142
>>824143
Using a pistol to get to a rifle is perfectly fine when you're in a completely "shit has hit the fan" scenario- multiple attackers, defending your home, when you're caught with your pants down in an L shape ambush while taking a shit- but none of those things will ever happen when you're walking a trail somewhere. The worst you'll encounter is some solitary meth-head/serial killer or an angry predatory animal. I can almost promise you that unless you're hunting, you will probably never be in a situation where you need to fire your weapon while /out/- so keep your choice light but able to pack enough of a wallop. Ergo, a .45 semi auto handgun with a stock capacity of at least 13 rounds
>>
>>824148
Thanks for the input komrade. not knowing what to expect makes me want to go in to any situation expecting the worst. I'll try and learn to dress for the occasion
>>
Just a friendly reminder that threads about weapons which do not pertain to their use in outdoor activities should be posted on /k/ instead. Thanks.
>>
>>824081
Depends on what I'm doing, but I have a 300 blackout ar15 pistol with a "arm brace" that I sometimes pack. It fits in the weapons scabbard of my Eberlestock, it fits in the main compartment of my larger north face bag, and with the upper off the lower it even fits inside smaller maxpedition bags.
But for the most part I keep it with me if I'm out in my jeep, but it comes along if I'm by myself or overnight camping.
I live in a remote place with over a hour response for police. We have fair share of druggies, thieves, pot growers, rednecks, meth heads, and so far, 15 bears in the areas I go innawoods.
A plus about a ar pistol with a brace is no nfa paper work and you can take it out of state if you live in a free part of the country. Really handy to keep as a truck gun and have on hand for road trips.
>>
File: grab sks head innawoods.png (84KB, 894x840px) Image search: [Google]
grab sks head innawoods.png
84KB, 894x840px
>>824081
The paratrooper SKS rifles look fairly handy.

In my opinion, the SKS screams practicality for /out/ purposes.

Add a fiberglass jungle stock and a durable coating (Alumahyde, Duracoat, Cerakote, Gunkote, etc.) and you have a practically unfuckupable tool.

That's just like, my opinion though, man.
>>
>>824081

>light
>compact
>stowable

All great points OP. In order to cut down on weight and bulk even more, you could probably just not carry it at all, since you live in Kansas and it's an absolutely useless thing to have along.
>>
>>824804
kek. not Kansas. Im /out/ alot in Ky and Ga.
>>
>>824091
Not OP, Muhreene reporting in. I personally could give a shit if you confuse me for yourself aka (tacticool civilian or POG).

If some fat fuck runs around the woods with some shitty camo and an AR I could care less.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.