[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you wanna hunt animals anon? You wanna eat like you ancestors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 20160723_223551.jpg (3MB, 2746x1825px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_223551.jpg
3MB, 2746x1825px
So you wanna hunt animals anon? You wanna eat like you ancestors? You want to partake in one of the few primal things left on earth?

Get your hunters ed now. The fall is approaching. Fall will come and there will be hundreds of you asking about how to start hunting. You start now by getting legal.
>>
Can't hunt. No experience and shitty laws on stupid island nation
>>
it's 2016, i can eat without having the bonerrific pleasure of shooting something, so there's not need for me to hunt
>>
>You wanna eat like your ancestors?

I do. For hundreds of years my ancestors were intelligent and advanced enough to own pastures and raise their food in a controlled environment.

But if you want to fill out your caveman paleo meme then go ahead, I bet you'll feel mighty manly when you grow your neckbeard out too
>>
>>821265
Yeah just let your animals grow up in feed lots and have their throat cut by mudslimes because halal right?
>>
>>821270
Mine too. They also hunted game and fished as well.
>>
no point, you're only allowed to shoot animals that taste like piss i.e foxes here.
>>
No need, I own my own land and can hunt freely on it without a license.
>>
took a hunters class a few months ago, considering a gun safety/concealed carry class as well. Guy teaching the Hunter class convinced me to get a 30-06 for a starting rifle. Hoping to have some fresh deer in the freezer before christmas.
>>
>>821389
in what country and/or state?
>>
>>822261
Why would you give a shit?
>>
DEC just mailed me my tags. its almost time.
>>
>>822262
because most places you still need to get a hunting permit and still have a bag limit that's why, so i was curious which magical land it is that the usual wildlife management doesn't apply
>>
>>822266
Bag limits apply. The "license" is your deed, your children's deed, or your parent's deed for the land. You don't even have to show it, you just check the "landowner" or related box when you take in a deer, turkey, etc. for the game tags.
>>
>You wanna eat like you ancestors? You want to partake in one of the few primal things left on earth?
>primal
So you're gonna outrun a deer with your male family members then bash its brain out with a rock ?
>>
>Fall is approaching

Nigguh doesn't hunt year round, top kek
>>
>>822373
That is actually not very difficult. You can literally walk at an easy pace and "run" a deer into the ground so that you can easily kill it. Jogging will do it quicker though. The only skill you really need is tracking.
>>
>>822392
It's certainly possible, though I have no idea how easy it is.
But I bet OP bought an industrially made gun and ammunition in a shop and hunts with it, and some other modern equipment.
It's fine but it's not primal.
>>
>>822373
Lol no, more like

>set up deer feeder
>hide in tree stand
>wait for deer to take bait
>proceed to kill deer with high powered rifle
>deer is dead before it even hears the shot
>"hay guise i HUNTED a deer this weekend lolz"
>>
>>821384
Where are you?
>>
>>822373
Tbh we've had bows for tens of thousands of years, I think it counts by now..

Thingken of doing this somewhere up North. I dont really have any skills or guts or people, but its nice to entertain the idea of escaping from it all permanently one day. Alaska, Yukon, and BC seem most appealing to me.
>>
>>821265
(((CURRENT YEAR)))
>>
>>821382
way to toss around the racism /pol/
>>
>>822272
not gonna lie, that sounds sweet.
it also sounds appropriate because it's your fucking land.

and yes i'm a liberal.
>>
any nongun deer hunters? crossbow, something else?
>>
>>821222
>never took hunter safety course
>walked into store early morning
>"I'm here to get tags and my liscence"
>k, sign these
>fill out 2 papers and some internet checkbox
>hands over license and tags
>pay, receipt, turn around-
>wait, I'm sorry have you taken your courses?
>pretend not to hear him

And here I can get a license by showing my old one.
>>
File: 1465914907135.gif (3MB, 263x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465914907135.gif
3MB, 263x300px
>>821222
The only thing I hunt is cock for my amusement. Just like OP.
>>
File: image.gif (18KB, 512x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
18KB, 512x540px
>>822672
Get building that wall, cuck
>>
>>821222
Already have hunting license, taking a trapping course at the moment. As i live in the only state where you can still legally trap and spear a bear i'm looking forward to it.

Yes, i'll post pics if i actually pull it off.
>>
>>822401

This is what I hated when I went "hunting" a few years ago. All we did was deploy in different treestands and wait. Literally nothing to do but watch and wait. Didn't hear anything or see anytging, just sat on my ass doing nothing.

That did not seem like hunting to me. It seems like most hunting should now just be called waiting.

I'd like to go actual hunting where tracking is involved as well as stalking, not just waiting for a deer to walk by as you relax and sit. That doesn't seem like it's sporting at all. Not that I want to go hunting with a spear or anything, but I think I want it to be something more.

P.S. camouflage also seems like a giant scam and a large moneymaking industry thanks to idiots and those suburban wannabe rednecks (for reference I live in the south). Seems like simply going out in natural colours would suffice instead of paying stupid amounts to confuse an animal that is mostly colourblind.
>>
>>821270

cheeto farmer detected.
>>
>>822272

Where I live deer, fox, pigs, and goats are regarded as feral. No bag limit, No seasons. If you see them you can shoot them. (Ausfag)
>>
>>821222
I killed 2 timber rattlers tonight.
One 5+ foot, other was 4 footer.
Kind of disturbed me, so close to the cabin.
Oh, BTW.. My cat keeps bringing me (us?) rabbits- so pretty sure I won't starve.
>>
>>821222
Signed up for bow and regular hunting safety courses. Pretty excited. Debating whether to sign up for waterfowl as well. Canadian geese are 15/day limit in September here in NY.

>>822699
Have a compound bow hopefully I get a whitetail during bow season but I realize it's unlikely since I'm going to glass/stalk. Sitting in a stand just doesn't seem like fun to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 576x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 576x509px
>>823409
What if you can't see them? Can you still shoot them?
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2015-12-11-21h53m44s624.png (53KB, 185x139px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-12-11-21h53m44s624.png
53KB, 185x139px
>>821222

First time hunter here.

Finished my hunters safety class and going to take my LTC class later this week. I don't want to open carry, but I feel like it's more firearm training, and I'll have the ability in the future.

Luckily my residency is in Michigan, and I just moved to Texas, so I'll be able to get residency prices for both states.

I plan on both whitetail deer hunting (.30-06) and duck hunting (semiauto 12 ga). If you guys have any tip or things I can do to educate myself, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
Any north Florida anons want to take a clueless guy on his first hunt? I'm experienced in the outdoors and am licensed with the appropriate gear but don't know where to start hunting.
>>
File: tumblr_n45coreBTk1rq4umeo1_500.jpg (173KB, 476x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n45coreBTk1rq4umeo1_500.jpg
173KB, 476x478px
>>822272

Bullshit, you're either lying or a poacher. Hunting laws still apply whether it's public or private land.
>>
Canadian here, I'm looking to deer hunt in Ontario but don't know anyone to go with. Is there a site or some place to find others that are looking to add to their hunting party? Or should I attempt it solo?
>>
>>822401
This is illegal though.
Can't bait deer, you'll lose your hunting license permanently.
>>
>>823595
>hunting laws ~ private land
not him but in the US you do not need a license to hunt anything on your own land provided you follow gun laws ie 500' from buildings, etc.
Open Seasons also do not apply if you are hunting your own land.
>>
>>823595
But, the hunting laws are being obeyed. No one said otherwise. In fact, that very post you replied to shows there are laws that are being followed.

>>823409
That is the way it is in the USA too. Lots of animals don't have bag limits.
>>
>>822665
Don't get your food from nature goy, get it from our (((GMOs))) and remember, the more processed and the more hormones and amtibiotics pumped into it, the better it is for (((us))), er... I mean you. :)
>>
>>823718
Don't know where the funk you heard that, go shoot a deer on your back 40 out of season without a license and post it online. You'll have a great time, I swear
>>
>>823713
It depends on where you live, actually. It's not illegal every where. Unethical, sure. Illegal, no.
>>
>>823713
Baiting is legal where I live.

>>823759
Some places are like that. Where I live you have to get a "wildlife damage permit" to kill deer on your farmland that are destroying crops. You don't need a normal hunting license for that and you don't need to take a firearm safety course either. You get to kill x number of deer out of season that way, legally.

There's nothing quite like waking up at 6am and going full blitzkrieg on a herd of deer as they are eating your crops. Of course that means calling off work, calling friends and family, and butcher the deer before the meat goes bad in summer weather.
>>
Far from bullshit. Having owned 500+ acres, it is 100% legal to kill (its not hunting lol) any animal anytime of the year. And even more so legal if you own a farm. It is absolutely irritating after you lay seed and within the first week your fields are swarming with every kind of creature. Now in that case you dont want to kill them where the stand, you dont want them to fall over and hurt your crops. Gut shots so they run off and bleed out somewhere else.
>>
File: 20160123_162217.jpg (4MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20160123_162217.jpg
4MB, 2988x5312px
>>823378
Definitely post if you pull it off

>>823407
I went through the same thing with deer hunting when I was an early teen. I ended up killing a few deer that way to understand how to process one. For me the hunting like that wasn't near enjoyable as turning the animal into food. I started backpacking on some public land and I learned I could hunt there. I gave it a try this year and killed my first deer like that. Although hunting from a stand is by far the most common, there are still few that do it the hard way.

>>823435
Just go ahead and get waterfowl certified in case the opportunity arises at a later time.

>>823545
Texas is mostly privately owned. If you don't have public land nearby, chances are someone you know can get access to private land somewhere.

>>824216
I've never heard of anywhere within the US where you can legally kill anything just because it's on your property, and most times it requires extra permits. Some states do allow killing for destruction of property in some cases with some species, like crops you mentioned, but this doesn't include everything. Good luck killing a bald eagle if you aren't a native.
>>
File: BTD.jpg (327KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BTD.jpg
327KB, 900x1200px
I wanted to learn more traditional methods of hunting. Rifle and shotgun based hunting just seems way too easy/simple where I live. The game here is so tame. I'm going to use that as a starting point for my first archery hunt. I've been into archery for quite a few years, just never really had the will to do it in hunting. After some research, there's a FUCKTON of differing opinions on some things. Anyone care to help me with some specific archery hunting questions?

As a preface, I'll be hunting the easier game in my area this year. (black bear, mule and whitetail deer, all of which are very unspooked/unphased by human presence.) I'll have a take-down recurve that I'm hunting with, and aluminum arrows (I just prefer them over woods and carbons.Kind of get the best of both worlds too.) Eventually I want to stalk different game, and go after something harder to stalk, but for now I want to get this down.

What broadheads to you recommend for 20-16 aluminum arrow shafts? There's so many out there, and I'm not at the ability to craft my own (and I honestly don't think I ever will). I rather dislike the idea of mechanical broadheads, and in pic related you can see that I'll be using a 7 arrow quiver, so I'll have plenty of room no matter the size.

Even when I go rifle hunting I've always questioned this: do scent killer sprays and products really work? My family has always taught me the best scent killer is just being up wind. Still that's not always possible, so I wouldn't mind an advantage if they do work. It's a bit modern as far as wanting to go traditional, but I want what advantages I can get for now until I'm confident.

Do I have to worry about bone hits with an arrow shaft or broadhead and place my shot differently than I would with a rifle or shotgun?

Should the grains on my broadhead be the same or heavier than my target tips? I always seem to find 140-150 grain broad heads but I shoot much lighter than that, at 125 grain field points. Thanks in advance
>>
>>824532
Not an archery hunter, but as far as scent control sprays I call bullshit. All its doing is covering scent, not eliminating. You would be better off just boiling sticks and leaves native in your area in water, strain, then place into a spray bottle.

Don't wash clothing in a washing machine or dry in a dryer. This holds true even if you want to use odor free detergent. Scent residue will be in your machines. I'll wash mine in a Rubbermaid bin with odor free soap then leave outside for a week or so. After that I put them into zip lock bags. I'll even go so far as to not even put my hunting cloths on until I reach my hunting location. This applies to all my clothing. Jackets, socks, hats, underwear, bags, and even your orange vest if required.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.