[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are marooned on a remote island (Suwarrow ,for example) with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

File: Untitled-19.png (1MB, 1428x1788px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-19.png
1MB, 1428x1788px
You are marooned on a remote island (Suwarrow ,for example) with only 4 of these items.
>>
Shovel, machete, camping pot and a ferro rod.
>>
>>818675
Recently deceased human, duct tape, the alcohol and the shovel
>>
Clothing, pot, ferro rod, speedgook.

None of it is really needed, if we're talking Suwarrow, there are buildings on the island, and there are caretakers there most the year with 6 months of supplies.
>>
Really, the entire exercize is as pointless as op's infernal, endless videogames.
>>
>>818675
short term: jerry can, solar still, flare gun, radio

long term: pot, katana, ferro rod, mosqito net

i can make 2-3 usable blade out of a katana and still remains something to baton with.
>>
File: ID319Pic1.jpg (63KB, 775x275px) Image search: [Google]
ID319Pic1.jpg
63KB, 775x275px
>>818714
Suwarrow was just an example of the type of island
>>
>>818675
You guys are all plebs.

The only 4 items you REALLY NEED are:

Machete
Solar still
Duct tape
Striped panties
>>
Camping pot for water, saw to saw wood, shovel to dig and maybe hack at wood, and then I'm thinking mosquito net just so I sleep in comfort.

I really want a knife though so I might ditch the net and take the multi tool, you can keep flying insects away with some smoke, usually.

I've never actually needed to split wood while out, I can almost always find the needed materials on the ground, that's why I wouldn't take the machete. I'm taking for granted that a deserted island would be wooded the same as what I'm used to. At least with a saw I can make a semblance of dimensional lumber and create a crude little shelter more easily. If I really need to chop, I'm sure there are river stones somewhere, right?

My answers really depend on how long the stay is though
>>
3 recently deceased humans and a saw
>>
>>818839
>you can keep flying insects away with some smoke, usually.
that literally never worked in any survival show tho.
the amount of smoke you need for this would poison you.
>>
>>818675
- flint
- pot
- multitool
- (any item)
>>
Nylon rope, dead human, alcohol. Only needed 3 to end it all
>>
>>818675
>desert island
>desert
>without fresh water

I'd take whatever, because I would die anyway
>>
Map
Shovel
Saw
Rubber Boots
>>
>>818839
Smoke doesn't work that well for insects. You're better off mudding up and making you shelter where there's a draft constant of air that will keep them away.
>>
>>819445
solar desalinator would work for your minimal needs if you can find shade and avoid excess sweating and the weather is sunny it can produce a few liters of water per day.
>>
>>819496
> a few liters
> theoretical expieriance
>>
File: duct tape boat.png (274KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
duct tape boat.png
274KB, 700x393px
>>818675
Duct tape, map, nylon cord, machete
>>
How recent is recently? We talking hours or a couple days?
>>
Four katanas.
>>
File: 1466725728962.jpg (4KB, 193x200px)
1466725728962.jpg
4KB, 193x200px
>>818675
depending on my objective i have 3 main selections

1. i am trying to survive for as long as possible on the island

camping pot, machete, solar still, shovel

camping pot is useful for boiling water
machete is a machete and can be used for building shelters
solar still, in the event that a fire is not possible and i still need water(the island you suggested looks hot af)
shovel for digging my grave , i wouldn't want my body to be discovered so i would lie in the bottom of the grave and just wait for death when i have had enough.

2. i am trying to be rescued/discovered
flare gun, survival suit, flashlight(kept inside suit),and the food ration

flare gun for signaling ships whilst floating about
survival suit for staying afloat and visibility whilst floating
flashlight for signalling at distant planes or ships when out of flares
food ration for maximizing floating time

3. i don't intend on surviving long or being found

recently deceased human , surfboard , flare gun , survival bag

recently deceased human if as pictured probably fuck it because virgin , nobody would know why not, then bury it
surfboard , have never surfed before so why not try now , also use it to mark the grave of the person to make it discoverable
flare gun, never fired one before , why not fuck around with it at night and stuff
survival bag for making the grave of the person more visible yet again, i don't know who the person is , they would more than likely have a family who would appreciate closure

then i would just swim around until i drowned, failing that (i would puss out if there were sharks or some shit) i would just starve to death after eating any immediately available food on the island.
>>
>>819505
way better than possibly nothing.
no guarantees you find enough fresh water on a random island.
>>
>>818675
I hate peoples' answers when such threads come up.

A smart fella would pick the pot (to cook whatever you find and keep your stomach right), flare and radio in case a ship or a plane come by, an empty jerry can to fill with fresh water when going to the open sea.

Regarding to others, some completely useless, some are good but I can live without (good example is machete).

I am patient, my attempt to rescue myself will be after building a boat for about a year,getting all my shit straight, crafting extra rope and all.
>>
Survival bag to make a dew collector
Ferro rod for using once then losing it in fire pit
Fuel can to store water in and play the drums with
Machete for cutting up fish and shelter construction

Sorta want corpse to dispose cum in
>>
>>820046
>A smart fella would pick the pot (to cook whatever you find and keep your stomach right)
no a smart fella wouldn't pick the pot short term especially not with a jerry can already lined up. you can just roast your food if you have fire and can treat fresh water in the can. in survival terms the pot is a luxury item if you have anything else to boil water in. assuming you have fresh water to boil available if not then it's just bullshit.
>>
>>820113
Good old stone hotplate am I right?
>>
>>820117
look on a desert island you main food source will be the sea. you will find a soda can in the garbage anyways if you really want to cook something. but roasting is just plain old sufficient to get rid of parasites. cooking is a variety thing for long term.

now you need a pot if you can absolutely only have one metal container. and you have to treat water by boiling. it's probably the most functional tool. but if you have a metal water bottle or metal can it becomes a luxury item.
>>
>>818675
You are marooned on an island with only 5 of these items
>>
File: LEGO-Star-Wars-Under-10.png (267KB, 499x300px) Image search: [Google]
LEGO-Star-Wars-Under-10.png
267KB, 499x300px
>>818675
You are Rooney Mara'd on a remote island with only these 5 items
>>
Hardly anyone picked the map, it is really important to being able to find fresh water before you die.

map
pot
saw

fourth item doesn't matter as much, maybe like the net, rope multitool or shovel
>>
File: 4items.png (2MB, 1428x1788px) Image search: [Google]
4items.png
2MB, 1428x1788px
>>
>>818675
Dead Babe
Binoculars
Alcohol
Shovel

Creep on babe through binoculars from a distance while getting hammered bc i'm too beta to talk to her even though she's dead; dig a hole; lay in it; await death.
>>
>>818675
If I decide to leave the island:
Solar Still
Empty Jerrycan
Surfboard
Flare Gun

Distil water into the empty jerrycan; drink my fill then fill it up again; pick a direction and swim out on surfboard with full jerrycan and flaregun; keep hydrated and use flaregun in the event of humans; refill jerrycan with urine and drink urine (assuming solar still is too much to carry on surfboard); hope sharks don't eat me.

If I decide to stay...:
Dead babe
5x delicious canned cheeseburgers
Flashlight
Flaregun

Bang dead babe; eat dead babe; drink all blood; try to make jerky with excess meat or otherwise save it as best i can; potential bone tools; cheeseburgers over "food rations" for morale; flashlight S.O.S. and flaregun in the event of humans; drink all my urine and eventually die from dehydration.
>>
>>820611
Mosquito Net
Nylon Cord
Camping Pot
Solar Still

Attempt to catch fish with net/cord; cook if I can find the resources on the island; otherwise, eat raw and just use pot for collecting distilled water; also use pot as helmet as I go nuts and eventually die.
>>
Body
Pantsu
Katana
Burgers
>>
>>820123
you don't have to treat the water if you use the solar still. but wait- what water is there to treat...? sea water? bc boiling it would just increase the salinity:water ratio and it's a lot to assume there's fresh water on the island. i'd go with the still

>>820046
where is this fresh water coming from? how close do you think potential planes/ships will ever be to use radio? you don't need to cook, "Smartanon"...
>>
>>818675
Machete, Nylon Cord, idk camping pot I guess.
>>
>>820442
don't need the map if you have the solar still and you can map it out yourself if you go exploring. wtf are you doing with a saw?
>>
>>820631
oh four items.. well then. i guess the saw too.
>>
>>820631
wtf is the machete for, it's a desert island
>>
>>820634
A MACHETE AND A SAW? you're dead.
>>
>>820621
Maybe replace pot w surfboard and surf out with net/cord
>>
>>820618
Replace cheeseburgers w solar still- enough meat on the babe- need more water unless cheeseburgers are carried while map island for potential fresh water
>>
>>820629
>you don't have to treat the water if you use the solar still.
sure but we are talking about two different scenarios.
>what water is there to treat...?
on some islands you can find fresh water periodically like after rains.
>it's a lot to assume there's fresh water on the island.
i agree but in case there is it really expands your options to have something to boil it in.
and if you don't fin any then you have to store the excess the solar still or rain gives you and stock up on fresh water if you want to move around or exert yourself like building stuff.
>>
>>818675
4 recently deceased humans
>>
>>820677
Necro-orgy followed by feast of blood and meat for days...? Bone-shelter or bone-raft using their hides cut from a bone knife...? Write out H E L P in bone...? Snort ground bone, get high and die? The possibilities! You might be onto something.
>>
>>820677
>>820680
fucking skinwalkers man...
>>
>>819808
Less than 12 hours, she has a half fist full of sand.
>>
>>820681
Don't hate the player, hate the game
>>
>>818675

>pot
>machete
>shovel
>saw

that'll do
>>
>>820728
Oh ok. Yea. Are you going to drink the sea-water, too, while you're at it? You're already crazy and going to die.
>>
>>820690
12 hours is a long time if the crabs got to the body
>>
>>818675
Recently deceased human, shovel, alcohol, and survival bag.

Note: I want the body ONLY if it is the same one pictured. If not, i'll take the duct tape
>>
It's impossible to answer if you don't more information on the climate.
>>
File: 1467062653465.jpg (83KB, 345x395px)
1467062653465.jpg
83KB, 345x395px
>>818842
>>
dead body, booze, surfboard
>>
>>818675
machete, solar still, survival bag, speedhook
>>
>>820680
No dude, you eat them then raise them from the dead to become your skelington work force/companions. They help you build shelters so you burn fewer calories, they can wander into the sea to catch fish, they're tireless ambush hunters and they can keep you company with their bone flutes and bone xylophones
>>
>>818675
>those random ass panties
yeah i'll take four of those
>>
solar still, mosquito net, fresnel lens, machete

water, fire, knife, and shelter from mosquito

you can probably get food from coconuts and fish, so no need for rations
>>
>>818675
Alcohol, burgers, matches and the flare gun to kill myself with
>>
>>821328
xD
>>
>>818675
To get rescued:

Matches
190-proof Alcohol
Flare Gun
Solar Still

Set the whole place on fire and wait...solar still to quench the thirst.
>>
I'd build an engine with the radio and flashlight.
Put that engine on the surfboard and use the 190 proof grain alcohol as fuel.
I'd be in the Bahammas in time for happy hour
>>
>>819445
>what is rain
>>
>>820635
desert means deserted
there are desert islands in alaska
>>
>>818675
Solar still, ferro rod, human and machete .
>>
>>820611
Pot
Ferro rod
Jug
Sword
>>
>>820728
>>820728
Saw will most likely break soon and there will be no usable parts.
You have no fire.
Samurai sword is more metal for resharpen lasts longer and longer length provides more utility options.
If you ever get water you'll only have the pot to store it in which you'll probably want to use for something else.
>>
>>818675
9ft surfboard, cooking pot, solar still, recentlly deceased human
I can make cords using strips of bark, if the human looked like that then I could get a couple more fucks out of it before eating it and using bones to make tools, as well as hair for cord. Using the solar still, high concentration alcohol may not be too difficult if given enough tries, and the cooking pot doubles up as water storage
>>
>>818675
piano wire
solar still
multitool
surfboard
>>
>>818675
Machete-chop
Mosquito netting- fish
Pot-water
Ferorod
>>
>>818692
>>818714
>>819025
>>820767
>>825946
>>826180

Fucking kekkked at all these faggots who need tools to start a fire. I would love to go /out/ing with all of you just to see you damn plebs try to light a fire by doing some work in your lives for once.

I had to check the board to make sure I was on /out/. I guess with summer and the millennials it's too be expected. Oh well.

Lol

>Kids
>>
>>825014
What do I do with a machete in Alaska ?
>>
>>818675
4 canned cheeseburgers.
>>
the most versatile thing would be the shovel you can
sharpen it with a stone
use it as a paddle
use it as a frying-pan
use it as weapon
to dig small wells

the next thing would be the jerrycan you can ues
it to store water and too cook water you could also use it to distillate seawater just set it on the fire and hold the shovel over it to condensate the steam.
and empty it should give you atleast a litle bit of floating on the water
>>
>>826365
like your way spetsnaz fag
>>
>>818675
Booze, corpse, shovel, piano wire.
>>
>>818675
machete
ferro rod
Jerry's can
fresh human

use all the parts of the human,
tan the skin with its brains to make some gear, loot it fir clothes and stuff render some fat if female, make a tobacco pouch if male. dry some meat. use thevcan to boil water and survive with all my new gear untill rescue.
keep the skull bowl and tanned nipples for the memories.
>>
>>820129
(you)
>>
clothing, machete, solar still, ferro rod
>>
>>818714
>tfw you will never have your own personal speedgook
>>
>>820613
LMFAO
>>
File: 1392732310720.png (564KB, 550x620px) Image search: [Google]
1392732310720.png
564KB, 550x620px
>>818675
Machete, Pot, Nylon cord, Alcohol. Easy-peasy.
>>
Saw
Shovel
Boots
Cooking pot
>>
>>818675
map, machete, solar still and i'd be thinking a lot if i'd take jerrycan or shovel
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.