[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So tell me /out/, what's the advantage of these egg carton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: thermarest_z-lite_3_sol.jpg (29KB, 400x377px) Image search: [Google]
thermarest_z-lite_3_sol.jpg
29KB, 400x377px
So tell me /out/, what's the advantage of these egg carton mattresses compared to my nice foam roll mat?
>>
>>818115
I've didn't even know they existed

have you used on then OP?
>>
File: 41rFUKi+CFL._SS500_.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41rFUKi+CFL._SS500_.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
>>818119
Nope I just use a soft blue mat like this one

Went on a little snip of the PCT last month and I noticed that a lot of people had the eggy square mattresses on their packs
>>
>>818115
>multitasking

when folded you can sit on it like a small stool.
a slip on fabric thing converts mine into a camp chair.
you can use them for a wind block.
blue mats stay curled up foldups dont
you can shower on the foldouts
the foldouts are warmer to sleep on.
foldouts have more loft = cushion
>>
>>818124
They're warmer and lighter. Crazy huh?
>>
File: 352283.jpg (109KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
352283.jpg
109KB, 800x800px
>>818115
no, its okay, but with a insoaltionvalue of R=2,2 if i remember correctly, it isn't suitable for anything temperature slightly chilled. It's okay for summer.

Check if you can get a rolling, with better insulation. The company i work for, produce a 14mm thick made of evamat a.k.a. evaplast, it got a insulation value of 9, which is ridiculous! for a fifth of the price and standard therm-a-rest cost!
>>
>>818115
I assume they offer better isolation per space/weight properties, as the "egg carton" structure puts a bigger distance between you and the ground with less material than this mat:>>818124 (I assume they are sold much more expensively than those however)

Like a inflatable mat, but more durable.

Though I never used them or read papers about them or anything. That just seems to be an obvious advantage.
>>
>>818115
More comfy, fold smaller, easy to use as windscreen or fan, quick to setup/pack so it's no big deal to pop it out and use as a seat during breaks,
>>
>>818115
It doesn't have memory that keeps it rounding when you decide to use it.

Others have said if it's folded up you can sit on it like a cushion.

I also use mine when hunting by folding it two sections wide at the bottom then placing the excess against a tree. It ends up making a woods chair with backing.
>>
>>818339
I would also mention it doesn't absorb water and retain it like those cheap blue foam mats. I know it's not terrible with those blue mats but I've seen it happen. Also easier to clean much off of the accordion, at least on the thermarest one I own.
>>
>>818115
They fold up very quickly, keep their shape well, put a greater distance from you and the ground, and they're reasonably priced
>>818173
They sell for like $30, pretty reasonable imo
>>
>>818343
you can get the direct-from-china ones for almost the price of the classic blue pad, talking like $17 last time I checked? They're on Ali-Express.
>>
File: dance.gif (2MB, 245x201px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
2MB, 245x201px
>>818115
they are square?
I use the Bundeswehr ones, they are square but not egg shelly.
>>
>>818115
Posting the cheapest one on Ali Express I could find, I'd recommend it

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Naturehike-Picnic-Mat-Portable-Outdoor-Beach-Mat-Moistureproof-Camping-Mattress-Sleeping-Pad-Folding-Egg-Slot-Yoga/32661110475.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_2_10037_10017_10021_507_10022_10032_10020_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_2&btsid=45bcee09-4329-4500-b69a-1e7980cef52b
>>
>>819063
how fast does the foil come off?
>>
>>818119
They are everywhere. Don't get out much?
>>
>>818164
Post links to purchase, faggot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.