[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So im driving up to alaska from phoenix in about a month and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: FORD-SHFT-ROAD-TRIP1.jpg (328KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
FORD-SHFT-ROAD-TRIP1.jpg
328KB, 2592x1944px
So im driving up to alaska from phoenix in about a month and i wanted some advice on places to stop. Im taking somewhere around a month or 2, no real timeline. Give me some ideas!

https://roadtrippers.com/map?a2=t!14618293&lat=51.31001&lng=-125.20020&utm_campaign=trip&utm_medium=share&utm_source=copy&z=6
>>
>>817511
Stop in Alaska
>>
>>817544
while im not going to rule out the idea, thats not exactly the goal
>>
>>817511

Whatever you're going in better have 4WD and a full size spare, because you're gonna need both.
>>
>>817618
That's not really an option. I'm taking my Prius.
>>
>>817622

Prepared to get completely fucked on the Alcan highway then m8, at least bring a full size spare.
>>
>>817752
you mind clarifying? most websites are reporting that its completely paved with the occasional construction project.
>>
Be forewarned that if the border guards want to they can take your cell phone and demand the pass code. Then they go through it. It happened to me.
>>
>>817778
now that is interesting and something i dont feel comfortable with. What did they look at?
>>
>>817785
>What did they look at?
Everything. I have an Iphone and when I drove through to Skagway we got flagged, they think every Alaskan is stupid enough to carry a gun through Canada, and I had my phone shut off and I double tapped home button and closed all of my apps to try and save battery and so it wouldn't ping any cell towers. My phone was also on airplane mode and when they gave it back to me, they walked away with it, they turned off airplane mode and text messages, pictures, internet, snapchat, notes, just about everything that used to connect to the internet or talk to people was opened by them.
>>
>>817794
Americans really are that stupid though.
>>
>>817778
If anyone is curious. Here is their website with information.

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ivc-rnc-eng.html Its under referral for secondary services
>>
>>817794
Im just going to remove most things from my phone before i cross the border. I dont need 90% of my apps during this trip.
>>
>>817795
To be honest not many people care about the opinions of 12 year olds.
>>
so does anyone want to provide any good information?
>>
Basically bring Deet 100% and be prepared. As far as places to stop, pretty much anywhere you feel like. It's all beautiful. I lived in Juneau for a summer then spent a year working a few remote biological stations for a year. Really good fishing if that's your thing. Also be loud in the wild to warn bears. Buy a gun in Alaska or at least bring bear spray
>>
>>817511
Having the tools/mechanical adroitness is handy
>>
>>817511
Make sure to listen to Johnny Horton to get a true Alaskan feel
https://youtu.be/RJGLCuNU0I4
>>
File: 1438811198035.jpg (162KB, 1794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438811198035.jpg
162KB, 1794x1080px
Kennecott mine
Valdez glacier
Solomon gulch
Colombia glacier
Thompson pass
Meares glacier (pic)

When you get to Alaska take richardson highway through the mountains, amazing trip
>>
>>818774
this is cool, thank you. Going to check out the glaciers. If im not mistaken, thompson pass is already part of the route.
>>
>im driving my prius to alaska

No youre not.
>>
>>819011
logic? Provide specific hurdles.
>>
>>819012
You ever seen ice road truckers? Thats gonna be you in your rolling vagina.
>>
>>819014
go back to /b/
>>
>>819016
Remember to come back and let us say we told you so after you get stuck in east jesus fag
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.