[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Pokemon GO a game approved by /out/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

File: Pokemon GO logo.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon GO logo.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Is Pokemon GO a game approved by /out/ ?
>>
>>814662
all the people I have seen play this game just ride around town in their car. In what way possible could that be considered /out/?
>>
File: thePOKEMONGOSTARTERPACK.png (1MB, 1050x886px) Image search: [Google]
thePOKEMONGOSTARTERPACK.png
1MB, 1050x886px
No.
it's braveneworldish
>>
Pokemons only spawn in cities and towns, not in places where no-one comes so no.
>>
If by /out/ you mean getting pasty geeks away from their battlestations and outside moving, then yes.

If by /out/ you mean people with their heads buried in their phones aimlessly wandering down sidewalks and parks. Then no.

I played a little to see the fuss and because I played it as a child and I was quickly bored.
It's far more fun to ride a bike around town or enjoy the fresh air than crank up my data usage and look like a tool.

Plus it's a little too big-brother is watching for my taste.
>>
>>814763

What a Grade A faggot.
>>
>>814662
yes
>>
>>814662
>nothing in the countryside
>literally no pokémon
No.
>>
>>814763
The data usage is actually quite low compared to almost anything and isn't usually a problem for people, even those with limited data plans.
>>
>>814662
Personally I love it.

But most people here don't enjoy going outdoors unless there's something they can kill or physically harm there. i.e. rednecks who probably don't have smartphones anyway
>>
>>814912
Good thing we both never harm or eat animal with our 1st world lifestyle
>>
>>814912
Put a potato in that stew, it is way to saltay.
>>
>>814912
>Hurr durr! I'm a NEET man child that plays pokemon and am better than anyone else
>>
>>814662
nope, you're not supposed to be watching a screen when you're /out/

try to spot some real animals instead
set up a game camera
>>
>>814662
only if the definition of /out/ is a location in a heavily populated city area with lots of foot traffic

>large park with a lake, 3 pokestops
>2 block city park, 6 pokestops
>>
>>814662
No. Because assholes keep coming here and starting threads about it because they are too stupid to check the catalog
>>812667
>>812729
>>
>>814662
It used to be that when my roommate said he was going to the gym it meant he was going to lift weights, now it means sitting in his car playing a game on his phone.

Pokémon Go is the anti/out/.
>>
They're totally blowing it with this game. They should at LEAST have better pokemon spawning on trails and whatnot rather than high traffic areas. I don't want to catch Pokemon at fucking Starbucks.
>>
No. They spawn only in cities. You cant find anything in forests, etc. as shown in the anime. No player to player interraction and you have stare at your phone all the time because vibration alerts dont work.
>>
>>814982
>you have stare at your phone all the time because vibration alerts dont work.
does work

went walking and had it on in my pocket, every so often a mon would pop up
>>
>>814669
I walked 5k today and don't own a car. I never go outside so I'd say I'm a success story.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-19-31-57.png (667KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-19-31-57.png
667KB, 1080x1920px
Pokeyman only live in populated areas which is retarded. I want to go explore the land like Ash and Brock
>>
omg! animals are like pokemon, but in real life!
>>
Not set up as a rural or remote game. Been playing Ingress by the same company. Helped find a bunch of little trails and cool stuff near my house. Has missions that you can do at local parks and open space areas.
>>
File: image.png (519KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
519KB, 768x1024px
God no, it's fucking awful. I'm gonna just carry a gbc for my down time on trains.
>>
File: 342179.jpg (114KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
342179.jpg
114KB, 404x404px
>>814910
>The data usage is actually quite low compared to almost anything and isn't usually a problem for people, even those with limited data plans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_data#Definition
>>
>>814669
I never personally play the game in my car. I usually just go to the local park or the much more Pokemon/Pokestop inhabited park in the town over.
>>
>>814967
>working out at a gym
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHDJFFBRJRJFNRTYYEGJ
>>
I have no intention of playing this game and am honestly shocked at the amount of people talking shit about it.
>omg people on their phones all the time
You mean like they already were before this game came out?
>omg people walking around public places
And?
>omg they're congregating around ponds and cafes and shit.
The economy gets a boost and strangers have an excuse to talk to each other?
>omg they're playing a video game.
How many hours of Farmville did you play today?
>>
>>814674
Why is sam hyde on that shit twice
>>
>>818368
Technology on /out/, for a second I forgot what board I was on.
>>
No.

Keep the outdoors wild and your technology at home. Live reality, not some augmented escape.
>>
File: i cream.jpg (3MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
i cream.jpg
3MB, 2000x1333px
Rather than going /out/ and finding the animals and plants in your local area taking specimens or taking pictures of them, you go /out/ to study some pixels on your screen. Talk about wasting your time and not benefiting anybody but your addiction to a game. Can't wait for the ultra rare pokemon that ISIS will also come to try and catch.
>>
fun with friends, fun getting together walking the city, nothing to do with the ""outdoors"" really

also, putting down a lure and seeing people flock to it,

i love it for getting more people outside, more people in parks, they might be looking into their phones when it vibrates but more people on the parks is always nice
>>
>>814662
>Is Pokemon GO a game approved by /out/ ?
>can only be played in the city

No.

At least it might help against america's obesity problem
>>
i think pokemon go is a positive movement
people go outside
people walk a little more
people discover places
people talk to each other
of course this is all limited but it still is a good development
it refreshed my small home town in which you normally only see tourists and old people in the streets
>>
Datamining app that is used to map out houses.
>>
>>819942
You know it's produced by Niantic labs?
An offshoot of Google.
It uses google maps, It already has your house mapped out

>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>
Its a shit game
>>
File: pokemon_go_mtb2-1200x900.jpg (554KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_mtb2-1200x900.jpg
554KB, 1200x900px
If you fucking weebs and autists are wearing headphones and derping around on my trails I will hit you and have no remorse.
>>
>>819199
Lol you do realize you don't have to constantly look at your screen right? It gets people outside and exploring places they may not have gone before and maybe discovering something new in the areas they have already been. It's just extra incentive.
>>
>>814662
is advertising a game approved by faggots like you?
>>
>>820063
have fun alone on your trails buddy
>>
>>815207
time to find a charger mate
>>
>>814669
>>815014
Ditto, 5km last night hatching an egg, nice walking at night.
>>
>>820682
>>815014
>tfw my phone is too old to play this game
feels fucking carp. i just wanna have an incentive to walk really, really far.
>>
>>820063
>my trails
same to you faggot
>>
>>818368
nice definition. but in the real world even 2gb data plans are essentially unlimited if you don't want to stream 720p movies.
>>
File: r-lee-ermey-pictures.png (3MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
r-lee-ermey-pictures.png
3MB, 2880x1620px
>>814674
>braveneworldish
DEFINE THIS WORD YOU POSTED RIGHT NOW, MAGGOT
>>
>>819168
Happy 70 birthday old fart
>>
>>819670
Why do you not consider city exploration /out worth?
>>
>>814682
Wrong. I live out in the sticks and they pop up here all the time
>>
File: 1456773958849.gif (997KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1456773958849.gif
997KB, 500x475px
Shot answer, no.

Long answer, nooooooooooo.
>>
>>814669
I park in the city and walk around, but get a lot more poke stuff done while I'm delivering pizza tho
>>
I can no longer go geocaching without passersby assuming I'm playing this. I am, but still...
>>
>>819199
fucking watermark i swear...
>>
>>814674
I don't understand why Sam Hyde is in that picture, since he's pretty much the opposite of all those nu-male things.
>>
>>814662
I bet that most of the people that play the game don't even watch the show.
>>
>>825224
I think that's true for all Pokemon games.
>>
>>825224
Well yeah the show peaked at gen 2 and starting dying after gen 3.
>>
>>818972

because the people who unironically complain about this shit are retarded
>>
>>825224
>>825268
Holy shit you nerds
>>
>>825274
Nerd huh..?

*unsheathes battle ready zanpakuto replica*

You wanna take that back pal..?
>>
>>818707
I just dont understand the hate this game gets.
Had some shitty daytime tv show on in my office the other day, and this 240 pound woman was calling everyone who plays it pathetic, losers etc.
The audience, probably half of which spend at least as much time on farmville and candy crush were cheering their heads off.
This woman was on a DAYTIME TV show talking about people wasting their time.
Who does she think makes her job viable?
Somehow walking and socializing while playing a game is pathetic but sitting in front of the TV for 5 hours a day is perfectly acceptable.
I played it for something to do during an epic day long journey back from holiday, it was alright but i live in an area with no cell reception so i cant play it anymore
>>
There's a point near where I live that can only be walked to when the tide is low. A few idiots got stuck on it and needed the coast guard to get them back because they were distracted playing pokemon go. I wish I was kidding...
>>
No.

Put your phone down and keep the wilderness wild. The land is abused and threatened enough by people who go and don't appreciate or respect it. We don't need to encourage more abuse by people ignorant of their surroundings. If you want to go, appreciate the real world around you. If you need an augmented reality video game to motivate you; rethink your priorities in life.
>>
>>821305
Go pick up Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and read it and you'll know why it's bravenewworldish
>>
>>814674
That picture is bullshit and related to one particular person thats supposed to be attacked with it.

I know every one of those traits in a person who doesnt display all the other traits.

>beard
>glasses
>balding
>problematic

wew lad..

>>814839
Thats what bothers me most about it, it will become a marketing scheme for urban commerce.
>>
>>820686
get a dog nigger
>>
not approved.

just really gives /indoors/ people a new distraction so they can pay as little attention as possible to the world around.
>>
>>826480
Fucking triggered
>>
>>825281
No.. not really.

3/gay for making me look that up
>>
>>814662
i had more fun with the game botting desu senpai, but hey if it gets folks /out/ it's doing something right
>>
>>815207
> You'll never have a weird Black\Asian friend that can make meals out of anything and a new random girl to go camping with.
Now I want a Jelly Dounut
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIgKgexYmc
>>
>>814938
Bring a gun and you can catch real animals as well.
>>
>>825224
>still watching the show as an adult

This is worse than playing the mainstream games or GO.
>>
File: gtago.jpg (89KB, 510x398px) Image search: [Google]
gtago.jpg
89KB, 510x398px
>>
File: preview-lg.jpg (142KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
preview-lg.jpg
142KB, 1200x800px
Pokemon go is geocaching for normies
>>
>>826002
I have read brave new world and dont see a connection. Mind taking your foil hat off and explaining.

>inb4 a link to prison planet
>>
I honestly don't see it as a big deal. It gets lazy normies out of their house. Sure it's not really going /out/, but baby steps.

And personally I enjoy it. Usually spend a lot of my free time on weekends going way out of town to hike and camp. Now after work I usually go for a walk around town, and have found a lot of cool stuff I didn't know was here, because of it.
>>
>>829601
This pretty much.
>>
>>828971
Except that Pokémon go doesn't involve deliberately leaving garbage everywhere.
>>
>>826002
A brave new world is about genetic engineering. Its themes have nothing to do with the technology or social interactions behind Pokemon go. you're pseudo intellectual reference is a failure annon.

A more relevant distopian book to reference in regard to Pokemon go would be 1984. Also a high school level book that literally everyone has read and can reference.
>>
>>826002
lol fuck there's even a picture of 1984 in your photo yet you reference a brave new world??? Wtf man. Get your highshcool level literature straight.
>>
>>827220
we can use our frying pans as crying pans
>>
>>814662
>>825994

Pokemon Go is only good in cities or more populated areas, since pokemon spawn based on population densities and pokestops are located in places of cultural relevance (hence why like a third of pokestops are at churches and museums because they're based on Ingress' portal locations). There's like nothing in unpopulated areas. Unless you wanna hunt pokemon in a city, there's no reason to play it when hiking or camping /out/doors.
>>
>>820524
> you do realize you don't have to constantly look at your screen right?
Not really, it vibrates when a Pokemon is nearby, you can hold it at your side.
>>
>>829666
Calm down satin
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.