[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had great recommendations the last few threads so I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: DSC_0550.jpg (2MB, 1800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0550.jpg
2MB, 1800x1205px
I've had great recommendations the last few threads so I'll try again, every year I go on a ~2 week trip, this year I'm going from SF to somewhere in Montana and back, first day I'm going to Bend OR, haven't decided much of the route past that. I try to camp on BLM/dispersed areas in National Forest/Monument. What are some good, remote places in OR/WA/MO/ID you would recommend? My girlfriend is really into gold panning and we are GPAA members so places where there's gold are good. I'll keep the thread bumped with some of my pics from previous trips.
>>
How much do one of those tents run ya?
>>
File: DSC_0436.jpg (1MB, 1473x2200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0436.jpg
1MB, 1473x2200px
>>811566
I bought it used for $2400. New I think they are around 5 grand. Adventure Trailers is making a much nicer one now called the Tacoma Habitat that starts at $8500.
>>
NEAR BEND

https://northwestrevealed.com/2013/09/17/rivers-of-glass-glass-butte-oregon/

Atlanta Idaho for gold , hot springs and rivers for fishing or swimming

Stanley Idaho free camping everywhere, don't miss redfish lake then through ketchum

LITTLE WOOD RIVER above the reservoir near Arco Idaho

Craters of the moon for an early morning visit

Then on towards Yellowstone

Probably the most beautiful drive in the country and almost zero people.. all free camping
>>
>>811768

Oh, and Bring whatever you need as there are no stores McDonald's etc pay attention and don't be a dumbass or you will disappear and they won't find your corpses. Feel free to shit in the rivers but don't leave your shit paper everywhere, only in the river
>>
http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/08/magruder_corridor_offers_remot.html

You could check this out if you really want to be remote. Totally different scenery from that other route
>>
File: DSC_0043.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0043.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>811768
>>811770
>>811776
Checking these out, thanks
>>
File: IMG_20160710_194908.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160710_194908.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>812177
Since you are into gold, everything on these maps are historic gold mining areas, Idaho city was a mining town . If you drive towards Atlanta on the middle fork road part is a rough scary road but people do it in passenger cars lots of old mines visible, great fishing hot springs etc even if you only drive halfway
>>
File: IMG_20160710_194920.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160710_194920.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
If it's too scary for your girlfriends son drive from boise to Idaho city to Stanley to ketchum. Spend some time in ketchum avoid sun valley. Go to the gold mine and grumpys for a burger and beer.
>>
When going through Idaho to Montana, take US-12 and go over the Lolo Pass. There's a trail near the Montana border that has natural hot springs less than a mile in from the highway.
>>
>>814032
Ive had a hard time finding exactly where this place is. I only hear stories of this
>>
>>814048
It's really easy to spot from the road because there's a nice pedestrian bridge crossing the river that acts as the trailhead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.