[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>29811972 First time on this board. I made thread related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: SurveyLanding1-650x360.png (566KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
SurveyLanding1-650x360.png
566KB, 650x360px
>>29811972
First time on this board. I made thread related, I got a job as a surveyor assistant, how the Fuck do I walk 40kms a day and not want to kill myself?

I lift Btw, never skipped leg day
>>
How do you assist?
>>
>>810629
Thread link didn't work. The thread is on r9k with the same image. I carry around the sticks and hammer and shit, I write what measurement he says on the lathe and hammer it into the ground. It's a lot of walking and the weight gets more cumbersome throughout the day
>>
40km isnt even much you can literally walk that in 5-6 hours

Shouldnt you be working 12 hour shifts with that work? So you spend 40-50% of your time walking.

Sounds like those fat fucks at walmart walk more than you.
>>
good shoes with good support and cushioned soles. good socks. maybe good inserts if you need a bit more.

i love the shit out of my redbacks. since they're slip on they were a bit clunky for the first month, but since they molded to my feet they're money.
>>
>>810626
You get used to it. Simple as that.
Also get good shoes, hydrate properly and eat hearty.
>>
>>810650
>internet hero detected
>>
40k a month maybe. Have you ever seen a surveyor? They are normally fat and old.
>>
>>810653
>I'm an internet hero because I can walk 4 mph

Christ man are you 2 feet tall?
>>
>>810626
You guys don't have a UTV? wtf?
>>
>>810655
>They are normally fat and old
that's the office guys. Field surveyors are typically pretty /fit/ sometimes skinny and wirey.
All that hiking, carrying shit, whacking brush lines and pounding hubs keeps you at least moderately /fit/
>>
I walk about 40-50kms a day and don't even work out.

how fat are you OP?
>>
You'll get used to it. I'm in forestry and the first month of my job my feet and ankles were very sore from walking and standing all day, but over time your feet develop a lot of tiny, but significant muscles for standing and walking on uneven terrain. I recommend getting gel inserts for your boots and don't be afraid of getting your pants wet from all the grass and brush.
>>
>>810626
>got a job as a surveyor assistant, how the Fuck do I walk 40kms a day and not want to kill myself?

Play pokémon go you colossal pussy.
>>
>>810634
Newfag
>>>/r9k/29811972
>>
>>810626
give me this job. I have a family I'm working to provide for.
>>
>>811246
> having a family while not being financially secure.

cuck goy.
>>
>>810650
>Sounds like those fat fucks at walmart walk more than you.

what even is linoleum flooring
>>
File: Z-rI8vocpEx_.jpg (11KB, 439x450px) Image search: [Google]
Z-rI8vocpEx_.jpg
11KB, 439x450px
>>810651
>post real response
>gets lost in e-statting and shitposting

yeah, seems about right. here's a pic of the boots i have. i wore them for 12-13 hour shifts as a medic spending most of my day on my feet on pavement ad hospital tile. absolute god tier cushioning.

full disclosure: they're shit on packed snow or slick, clay mud-no grip whatsoever in those conditions.
>>
>>811375
My gf is a medic. I always worry about her feet and back from fat fuck patients.
>>
>>811375
I tried these in the field. Great in the city and on trails, terrible in the bush. OP invest in some solid danners or hanwags or something. Dunlop rubber boots possibly. All the surveyor types I know are into that kind of thing.
>>
>>811375
Yeah those are like bedroom slippers. Look comfy but you don't wear that in the field unless your job duties never have you leave the pavement
>>
>>811753
>>812043
true. really the only time i see surveyors is when they're measuring on the side of the road, so i've only ever thought of them walking on pavement.
>>
Unrelated reccomendation. Get some nike SFB's. Fantastic shoe. Stupid price.
>>
>>812053
they'd be a nice thing to change into for driving back to the office after a full day in the field.
I know by the end of my day, I take my work boots off and put on a pair of street shoes for the drive home.
I get the best performing boots I can for field work, But no matter how good they are for working in, by the end of the day they need to come off.
>>
>>812053
>only time i see surveyors is when they're measuring on the side of the road
yeah that's only a part of what some surveyors do, or alot of what other surveyors do.
The rest of the time they're out in the middle of bum-fucked nowhere, thousands of feet or more from any road, wacking brushlines through the forest or digging for corner monuments in the most god-awful places sometimes
>>
>>810650
I walk about 10 miles a day on my days off and it takes about 3.5-4 hours. That is on concrete/asphalt and not carrying anything. Twenty-ish miles, carrying equipment on most likely undeveloped land would be brutal.

Sounds like them fat fucks at walmart walk more than you m8.
>>
>>810626
>40km/day

You probably wont walk half that much OP. That might be an extreme day at work but not the norm. A lot of jobs will say shit like that to scare off dumb asses that think they will just stand around all day and cry at the first bead of sweat.
>>
>>810634
There are worse jobs
>>
dude i love hiking, and the longest distance i traveled in one day was 35km when i was 15 :)
>>
oh, and get a good pair of boots
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.