[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, So I've recently been hammering a pond in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0127[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey guys,

So I've recently been hammering a pond in my neighborhood and have been catching some nice bass 3-5 lbs. There a no-fishing sign there but I never leave any trash, or obstruct and wildlife, and the neighbors are completely cool with me fishing here too. There's an asshole who lives at one of the houses and has been yelling at me and has recently threatened to call the police. Is this neighborhood sign actually enforceable? Pic included of sign (found in some bushes and put this on my basement wall).
>>
File: IMG_0126[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0126[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here are some of the fish ive caught
>>
File: IMG_0123[1].jpg (166KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123[1].jpg
166KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>809455
In general, white signs are law around my parts. If its private property then its definetly illegal, if its a sanctuary its definetely illegal, but if its just some dick who doesnt want you fishing out of a public area near his house your fine
>>
File: IMG_0104[1].jpg (143KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104[1].jpg
143KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>809463
>around my parts.
Its a pond inside to my neighborhood, its private property for non-residents, but community property for residents.
>>
>>809467
Then its illegal. If everyone was cool with it youd be fine but that guy has a right to bitch if theres signs posted. Chances are hes just a bored old dick but those types of ponds in neighbourhoods are typically stormwater retention, where fish do end up but shouldnt really be. Theres pipes and shit running through those ponds so that could be why the no fishing sign
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>809467
If you live in the community and aren't on anybody's property, fuck them. And if it were somehow still illegal, the most you could get is a warning from the police. But once they warn you, they can get you for tresspassing if they catch you again.
>>
>>809477
Could I really get in trouble for trespassing? I live in the neighborhood.
>>
>>809478
Technically since there is a posted sign, even if you live there. As long as you have a fishing license, fuck em. Cops aren't going to give you very much, if any, shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>809490
They do have to respond if somebody calls though. Not sure what they would say since dude lives in the neighborhood. It would have to be a dick cop to give you the real "This is your official warning and you will be charged with tresspassing next time I catch you" speech.

Those laws are strange, I don't know how they pertain to property like that. I believe you could still get charged with tresspassing if you were loitering and causing mayhem at a public park as long as the officer warns you once first.

But if the fishin is that good, I would keep going. If dude really does call the cops, you won't get in trouble the first time. I had a lake like that in IL and it was the best bass spot around but it was in some condo complex and people always threatened to call the cops. I would just try to get 30min or an hour of casting in before somebody complains and then leave before the cops show up. I tried not to go there too often, limit it to different times like once a month. But unlike OP's grey area situation, I knew I wasn't allowed there.
>>
You should look into where the property lines fall on those particular lots. While I have not had anyone complain, I have experienced a similar situation. In a private neighborhood, the roads and retention ponds/lakes have easements, as long as you don't treat that property as your own (build something) you should be okay.
***PLEASE look into your own local laws as they may be different!
In my situation, there is a retention pond that is stocked at the end of the year. One particular land owner decided to post a notice of no trespassing near to the roadway. In my situation, as long as I don't utilize that area as my own (build a garage or whatever), I am LEGALLY allowed to fish on that property/shoreline.
>>
>>809455
cops don't want to get involved in neighborly disputes so they will enorce to the letter of the law. No warnings.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.