[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lugging around a tandem canoe by yourself Canoeing is fun with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Saranac146_green_angle_zoom.png (501KB, 1506x461px) Image search: [Google]
Saranac146_green_angle_zoom.png
501KB, 1506x461px
Lugging around a tandem canoe by yourself

Canoeing is fun with a buddy and I love it, but I want to take it out alone sometimes. But i bought this big old Cadillac and it's hard as fuck to transport without two sets of hands. I can do it, but its a pain in the ass and my car is scratched to shit from loading it up by myself.

Should I replace the seats and center container with traditional bars? It seems like it would definitely make lifting it easier since there are literally no places to grasp it with that shit. The seats are nice and all but you can just buy tie-on seat rests for regular canoe seats.

I don't know how much lighter that would make it, however.
>>
Step one: don't buy shitty cheap canoes
Step two: grow stronger
Step three: learn proper lifting technique
>>
>>809603

Asshat, its a nice canoe that wasn't cheap, I am strong, and I know how to lift things. It's simply too big and HAS NO PLACES TO GRIP for carrying solo.

So I'll repeat myself and say that what I am asking is should I remove the stock seats and center console and replace them with standard canoe seats?

Can you help or are you just going to be a douche?
>>
>>809709
My 16 foot swift prospector canoe is like 40 pounds and is easy as fuck to manipulate you whiney twat
>>
>>809079
Buy a one-man canoe
>>
>>809079
According to google your canoe weighs 79 pounds. Buy a better canoe or a one man.
>>
>>809709
>Op is a faggot
Says a mass produced piece of shit canoe is a good quality canoe. Nigga please get a cedar strip canoe.
>>
>>809709

Could be the best canoe in the world but why the fuck are you carrying a tandem canoe by yourself? If you are solo, buy a 1 man and stop being a tard or get a friend to tag along so you can shoulder the lot. This isnt meant for one person to carry or even canoeing in general because it's a open water model and that means you SHOULDN'T be carrying it by yourself.

These are the canoes you buy at your lakehouse and store in a garage to fuck about with in the water.

Get a proper mobile canoe, that you get for rapids etc, if you want one to heft about while walking.

They are lighter and designed for the role.
>>
>>809740

I wanted something I could take out by myself or with a friend. If I bought a one man canoe I'd be fucked if I wanted to chill out on the lake with my buddy.

For all you faggots criticizing me, I've successfully taken my 2-man canoe out alone 3 times now, so I CAN in fact do it. I'm saying its just a pain in the ass.
>>
I already bought the canoe a month ago, I love it so I'm not getting a new one, I'm just wondering if i should take the stock seat out and replace the cooler in the middle with a regular yoke.
>>
>>809781
So you've taken your canoe out a whole three times but yet come here to fucking whine about what a whale it is and how it's scratching your car. Do you even have a fucking car/truck rack for it or are you just stupid?

A yolk will make it slightly easier to carry, however since you are a whiney little bitch who bought a heavy cheap fucking canoe and can't man handle the weight why do you think a yolk will make it any easier? You'll still be a whiney cunt who doesn't plan ahead.
>>
>>809709
Fuck youre dumb man, you just dont get it.

What are you expecting to hear here? That someone magically made a 2 man canoe perfect for 1? Like fuck if u want i to be easier to carry then put a yoke in it, there is litterally no other way without completely gutting your canoe, which btw was alot more expensive than buying a basic bitch canoe and putting your own seats in from the start
>>
>>810079
His canoe also weighs twice what a nice two man canoe does, and he's too much of a bitch to carry the extra weight.
>>
>>809709
You can cut out anything extra with a sawzall or a coping saw if you want to be more careful. Anything you remove will decrease weight.
You can also cut 'carry-holes' in the right place by drilling a hole and then using a coping saw, sand it and use rubber or styro to cover it/make it comfy.
>>
>>810147
>styro
Moron
>>
File: 20130630_065217.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20130630_065217.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I've lifted my canoe on and off my car alone hundreds of times, not that hard with some practice and if you have some coordination. It's only 70-80 lbs. Just lay it along side the car, face the side away from the car, kind of powerclean it overhead with the yoke, and then set it partly onto the car roof. Then tilt it back and forth on the foam carrier blocks to walk it across the roof. I have this little routine perfected.
>>
OP here. You faggots aren't listening. I am not fucking bitching about the weight. This will probably the 3rd time i've said this but THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO GRIP THE DAMN THING!! I CAN CARRY IT JUST FINE IF I COULD GRIP IT SOMEWHERE. BECAUSE OF THE CENTER CONSOLE BEING THERE INSTEAD OF A YOKE I CANNOT HOLD IT.

and it's a nice fucking canoe you dipshits. Tell me what makes it shitty while its out on the water please.
>>
>>811263

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

You are very helpful sir. Why can't the rest of you not be pieces of shit?
>>
File: seasons.png (10KB, 383x467px) Image search: [Google]
seasons.png
10KB, 383x467px
>>813581
Hey I'm not a piece of shit either
>>
>>813580
>THE CENTER CONSOLE BEING THERE INSTEAD OF A YOKE

I see what you mean. Honestly I'd sell it and buy something easier to transport. Try an Old Town Guide. 14.5 ft, 70lbs, 900lb capacity, no seat backs and has a yoke.
>>
File: ___.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
___.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>809079
Just cut it in half when it's just you using it.
Problem solved
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.