[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of volunteering with search and rescue in Ontario,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (172KB, 990x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 990x816px
I'm thinking of volunteering with search and rescue in Ontario, but I have little knowledge of what it will truley intail. Does anyone hear have experience with search and rescue? Is it worth volunteering for?
>>
>>807885
Just don't mention the staircases...
>>
>>807906
What?
>>
>>807935
Exactly. What staircases?
>>
Any legit info/advice?
>>
I don't have any legit experience here..just spitballing. But I'd imagine having some kind of credentials would go a long way , as far as survival/navigation courses..otherwise ur just another liability

But good luck anon, let us know if you find out anything
>>
>>807885
I'm from Kentucky and we just call the pope lick monster the goat man
>>
>>807885
In my experience I was mostly on call and doing nothing except playing my 3DS until the one time we had to go look for a toddler who went missing miles away from us and was found safe at home
>>
>>807885

Worked volunteer as an EMT for a summer. Some of the other volunteers were Search and Rescue. Told me a story about an old man who disappeared from his yard in a small town. Only to turn up, three days later, half-dead from dehydration in a canyon that was 60 miles away. Said he was rambling on about being followed by a group of tall things wrapped in white shroud that would always stay a certain distance away. Day and night they'd watch him in the canyon, like vultures. Until S&R found him with a helicopter. They still don't know how this guy managed to travel that far without his vehicle and he was way too old to make it through the desert in the summer heat. He claims not to know how he got there.

Volunteer if they'll have ya. Better yet if they train you for free. Disregard the person claiming that you're a liability. S&R could always use another pair of eyes and I doubt you'll be put in positions where you could get lost. Especially since S&R roll with radios like any other broad scope organization.
>>
>>809111
Yeah they provide free training for members such as wilderness first responder, high angle training and a bunch of other stuff
>>
>>807885
Do you volunteers not value your time and training?
>>
>>809113
Do it. That shit can get expensive if you pay out of pocket, and they are nice skills to have
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.