[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are water bottles /out/? I just ordered pic related - Eastman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (54KB, 640x995px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 640x995px
Are water bottles /out/?

I just ordered pic related - Eastman Tritan BPA free plastic water bottle for 8€. What water bottle do you use and why?
>>
Nalgene or Klein kanteen. /thread
>>
We need Mods to enforce a centralised gear thread...
>modsmods
>>
>>802691
We need faggots to start discussing in water bottle threads instead.
>>
I used to have some old BPA Nalgenes, but I can't find them so I got some of the new BPA-free ones. They aren't as strong as the BPA Nalgenes though, and I hope I find my old ones some day. The whole BPA thing was just hippies hyperventilating over nothing.
>>
If you want your water to stay cold get a vaccuum sealed bottle like a Hydroflask, mine keeps water cold for four days
>>
>>802698
Are you using your Hydroflask as you main water bottle while out (what you filter water into, refilling it multiple times a day, etc), or are you using to to hold a specific drink, so its more of a luxury item?

And if so, Id be interested to know what you put in it. I can only think of whiskey and ice or something like that.
>>
>>802701
I use the 64oz growler. On day trips I use it as mu main water source, but for longer stays i have used it for beer, liquor, and pop, even kept a milkshake frozen for a couple days once
>>
>>802690

I just told you this on /g/ OP.

/thread
>>
>>802705
Ha! I can imagine the look on other backpacker's faces when you pull out a milkshake 3 days in. lol. thanks.
>>
>>802701
> luxury

Are you kidding me? Ice water is a luxury below 9,000' anywhere except up north or very far south.

For a day hike a 32 or 40 oz Hydroflask is nice and refreshing.

A 64 oz growler comes with a huge weight and cost penalty when compared to a FREE empty 2L soda bottle!

Source. I have a 64oz Hydroflask, 10L MSR Dromidary and live and backpack AZ.
>>
I just got a cheap metal one for around 5 bucks that holds a litre and has a large enough opening that if i want to fill it with unfiltered water and use my lifestraw i can

I dont see the attraction to nalgene. Theyre too big and i hate the lids
>>
>>802696
>The whole BPA thing was just hippies hyperventilating over nothing.
What makes you say this?
Are you a chemist and/or endocrinologist?
Or are you just ignorant, and proud of it?
>>
File: SAM_5862.jpg (74KB, 603x577px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_5862.jpg
74KB, 603x577px
Only day hikers use thick plastic water bottles.
>>
>>802690
>Nalgene

fixed for you.

Kleen Kateen are SHIT. SHIT SHIT SHIT. I've had 2 and both have suffered from the same problem - they leak. They leak when they're shut, even tight, and they dribble everywhere when you drink from it because of the shape of the lip. And they're next to impossible to open one handed

DO NOT RECOMMEND. AT ALL.

I use a narrow mouth Nalgene 1/2 quart bottle and supplement it with large disposable water bottles for anything more than day use.

>>802728
yea this guy gets it.
>>
>>802738
Got the wide mouth 40 oz kleen kanteen and no problems with leaks. Did you have the standard or wide mouth?
>>
>>802738
>>802690 here.
No problem with my KK, but I must say it's inferior to any Nalgene I ever owned.
>>
Has anyone ever tested a vacuum insulated bottle to see if it's actually a vacuum inside? If it is a true vacuum, how resistant are they to popping a leak a filling with air, making the insulation less effective?
>>
>>802684
>Are water bottles /out/?

Only if you are using them /out/.

Personally, I preferring a glass-lined vacuum insulated bottle. Then I have the choice of hot or cold beverages that stay hot/cold much longer. I also have the option of using it as a cooker by bringing food to a boil then putting it into the bottle while still near boiling (google: thermal mass cooker). You can actually make rice in a Thermos bottle or whatever brand you like.

>>802691
It is better to direct people to a general thread like the fishing, homegrowmen, and knife general threads. Often times there will be a general gear thread you can direct people to.

Self-regulation > authority regulation.
>>
>>802789
They're vacuum bottles. No need to test when theyve still got ice in em after 10 hours in a car in the sun.
My hydroflasKS vacuum broke, I guess from getting dinged up. I could tell it broke because there was condensation on it and it stopped keeping thjngs cold. Mailed it in, getting a new one. Lifetime warranties are awesome.
>>
File: 1422840882218.gif (3MB, 289x213px) Image search: [Google]
1422840882218.gif
3MB, 289x213px
Dropped my full nalgene from table height and it spiral fractured. Looking for something metal now. Maybe something i could put over the fire to boil water in in a pinch so no plastic, thought I saw one a while back that had an integrated cup.
>>
>>803440

Try a Kleen Kanteen.
>>
>>803440
Metal Nalgene. Easy.
>>
>>802738
this. kleen kanteen is shilled like crazy. you see comments like:

>I've made the switch from Nalgene to Kleen Kanteen and am never looking back

by the 100s on the internet if you search for best water bottle. Shills are so easy to recognize nowadays...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.