[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tell myself I'm going to go hiking tomorrow on my day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (79KB, 680x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 680x591px
>tell myself I'm going to go hiking tomorrow on my day off
>tomorrow comes and I'm too unmotivated
>later I regret wasting my day
Who else
>>
shit, man. Me too often

that's why there are two days to the weekend
>>
Me three... How do I fight this?
>>
not once has that ever happened to me.

i wake up, head out, relax at the end

like... why would you not go outside on such a shit day?
>>
>>801615

Plan it beforehand and commit to it.

Plan should be set Wednesday. Thursday at the latest. Bag should be packed by dinner time Friday night, then set an early alarm for the morning.

Basically just remove any potential sources of natural resistance. Don't put yourself in a position where it gets to Sat morning and you realise you have to go and buy a new fuel canister then spend half the day browsing around REI before thinking 'fuck it I'll go next weekend'. Sort that shit out earlier in the week.
>>
>>801900

Plus I always have my day pack handy so if I do sleep in or whatever and it's a nice day I can just grab it, stuff a few things in then go for a day trip.

I spend all fucking week inside a gloomy office, why the fuck would I want to waste the weekend inside a gloomy bedroom in front of a laptop? If I ever do, I end up feeling depressed on Monday.
>>
> Mfw I xas supposed to check my mail yesterday, but I didn't...

Fuck the mail.
>>
File: 1439358795909.png (339KB, 579x430px) Image search: [Google]
1439358795909.png
339KB, 579x430px
Yep lots of times, having to go always alone doesn't help too.

>Goat tier weather during all the weekend
>Plan to go enjoy the mornings in the beach
>There will be tons of people there with friends and family
>Fuck better stay at home so I don't look like a loner

Working days are much better tho, beach is pretty much empty and then I can enjoy myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 700x400px
>>801974
>>Fuck better stay at home so I don't look like a loner
>>>tfw this only makes you an even bigger loner in the long run
>>
>>801983
yep I know that but sucks going to a place and be one of the few, if not the only alone guy there.
>>
File: 1465972248194.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1465972248194.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
>>801987
true outdoorsmen think the opposite.

fuck off normie
>>
>>801987
Sounds like a target rich environ.
>>
>>801615
no
even if I hate it at the time I force myself and end up being happier for it.

same with going to the gym
>>
>>801615
iktf
>>
>>801615

Quit wasting your life, anon. You only get 90 good years, if that. Eventually you won't have a day off to go hiking, you'll be senile or dead. So you should really go next time.
>>
>>802026
>Normie
>>>/R9k/
>>
>>802094
>You only get 90 good years
If hes 23, hes got like 15 more good years left as far as being outdoors to the mizzax
>>
>>804732
Not true. But if you feel that way why wait? End it now.
>>
>>801910
/out/ expidition: going to mailbox
>>
I also have this problem, except when i actually have the energy and time to do it i run into a few problems
>life in shitty nyc
>don't own gear
>down have a car
>never been outside the city
it's my fucking dream to be an outdoorsman but i wouldn't know what to do once i get to the campground/hiking

also im only 18
>>
i too run into this problem except when i finally have time and energy to do it i run into these problems

>live in shitty nyc
>dont own gear
>dont own a car
>never been outside the city except for six flags and shit
i wouldnt know what to do if i went camping or hiking, does anyone have any tips or pointers for me? being an outdoorsman has been my dream for a while

also im only 18
>>
>>805438
>>805440
wtf i typed it out again fucking 4chan said it didnt post
>>
So you didn't do anything all fucking day?

Kill yourself if you're THAT "unmotivated" that you can't go for a fucking walk in the woods bro, seriously.
>>
>>805441
yeah 4chan is slow and lame sometimes. you can still delete one
>>
>>801615
All the time
>>
>>801900
Also don't masturbate.
>>
File: 0TxQ48.gif (726KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0TxQ48.gif
726KB, 320x240px
It's only 11 am on saturday. do it i tell myself.
>>
>>805440
Find a trail outside of town, take a bus out of town to said trail, hike said trail, take bus back to town. Bring a rain jacket, a cell phone, some form of a map, water, lunchables, and some candy.
>>
>>801615
i don't really understand this. Hiking is my motivation desu
>>
>>804732
< <38 "good years"

Wtf retard? I'm 54 and on my third night tent camping. Hiked in 43 miles, 34 more left in loop.
>>
>>806430
OP here. Have you ever been really depressed? Your brain doesn't work rationally. It's something that I never understood either until I experienced it. At my worst, things that required almost zero effort were still out of reach. I couldn't even bring myself to play video games, which takes basically zero effort. I enjoy video games and all it takes is to pick up the controller and play, but you just feel like, what's the point?

I hope it never happens to you, but if it does, you'll know what I mean.
>>
>>801615
>>806620

Not a psychologist but my recommendation would be to not look at it as negative if you do not go /out/ as you wanted or planned to. Obviously not sticking to plans is less than ideal, but everyone has to start somewhere. It definitely is better motivation if you make plans with others so you cannot cancel as easily, but most of my /out/doors is by myself because everyone else I know is lazy and wants to play Overwatch/watch Game of Thrones.

I often load video games up to the menu/title screen and have that loaded for hours before eventually closing and shutting computer down. It's not even that the games are not fun, I feel they are distracting me from doing other things that can better my life long term.

I understand all too well being too anxious to go to bed at a proper time to allow waking up and taking hold of the day as I planned X days/weeks/months in advance. Sometimes I wake up on time but am not feeling it, therefore a day goes "wasted".

The problem for myself (and is still not 100% resolved) is when you view these days as "wasted" time. You do not need to be /out/doors to enjoy your life. You need to appreciate anything you do and build up from there.

Other days I wake up far later than planned (IE plan to wake up at 8am~ for whole day for kayaking but end up waking 3pm~. Now there are only 3~ hours of light and it would take 1 hour+ to get car loaded and get to destination then 30 minutes once there to get in water then another 30-1 hour to get packed so I can drive back. This is an example for kayaking but really any /out/door activity I plan works the same way, even as simple as biking, sanding and finishing my axe handle, waterproof some gear, or even fishing a water source that is maybe a 10 minute walk from my house.
>>
>>806642

Best thing I have found to do? Simply going for it, even if I get 30min on the water; it is enough to help one's mental state. Even though I would rather have a whole day on the water; I appreciate that I mustered the strength to go out AT ALL.

Bottom line, try your hardest to push yourself to do what interests you!

If you find yourself indoors and wanted to be /out/door that day, inspect your gear, sharpen knives, clean your boots, clean your room, clean your house. You would be surprised what a little change can do to your disposition. Also, extremely significant, if you can stick to a routine that will improve your outlook.

No TLDR this is not reddit

Good luck br/o/'s, it is a struggle but be the Leader you are and do what you desire with your "free" days/time.
>>
>>802094
Thats too long, I'd be happy with a quarter of that. Fuck off to people who live to be 90, just to shrivel up into a sad excuse for a person.
>>
>>806642
>>806648
Thank you for the advice and encouragement anon
>>
>>806125
wewlad
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.