[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying catch these fuckers up here in Wisconsin, at home I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: O_placidus.jpg (32KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
O_placidus.jpg
32KB, 500x338px
Trying catch these fuckers up here in Wisconsin, at home I just put chicken liver and a can of cheap cat food in a nylon and use that, but I can't find any chicken liver up here and so I threw in a can of sardines and a can of cat food in and haven't caught so much as one. I also had buy a cheap trap up hear because my homemade one that I love doesn't conform to state laws.

Any tips from any native Wisconsinites on how to catch these little cusses?
>>
>>800154
does chicken normally work then?
>>
put a butterfly net in the water behind them, then put a stick in there little revolting faces. they will jet back into your net.
>>
>>800174

Really well at home, but I think these are a different kind.

>>800177

I catch a lot by hand, but I am trying catch the big ones to eat and they are out in the deeper water close to the damn, and I don't want to go near it.
>>
Try catching a fish from that water and using it. Thats what they'd be feeding on naturally. Local bait for local fish. Or crayfish in this case.
>>
>>800154
Save yourself trouble and catch some baitfish to cut up in stead. Make sure your trap is in good contact with the bottom.
>>
>>800282

I plan to eat them, not use them as bait (I also use them as bait)
>>
>>800332
I mean use baitfish as bait. As in catch some bluegill or creekchubs, cut them up and put them into the trap.
>>
File: 70.jpg (161KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
70.jpg
161KB, 850x638px
use bacon. or a chunk of fat.
>>
>>800154
Just go to a rocky beach and pick up stones, they usually hang out in Lake Michigan though, especially on the green bay side
>>
I can go down my road about 300 yards to a little stream and just pluck em out from under rocks all day. I cooked a few last month but i didn't really like it so i just leave them be now
>>
Any good places in Minnesota? I want to try this
>>
>>802265
More specifically I am around the cities (if that helps)
>>
>>802265
any river/lake with rocky shores and lime should have them
>>
have you tried chicken skins? work pretty good for me here in assachusetts
>>
File: cray.jpg (69KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
cray.jpg
69KB, 625x468px
If you get these at a grocery or restaurant outside of LA they are usually of chinese origin. Are all the species in US edible? Do they have to be purged? I probably stepped on hundreds today while fishing.
>>
>>802330
I have never seen one. I don't go out that often (trying to more). Should I expect to be able to collect maybe 20 if searching some random body of water that is rocky? I can go to Lake superior
>>
Just move to Louisiana.
>>
>>802266
I've seen them in a few lakes, if the body of water is like a mile around they're probably around. Last time I saw one I smelt something dead about 25m from the water and saw a crayfish walking around between the water and stench.
>>
>>806055
I think this is the key let your bait fish go off a bit. they're attracted to the stench. If you are in a hurry just swipe your moms nickers.
>>
New Orleans native here. There is a species of crawfish referred to as the "Coffin Cutter". They can be differentiated from edible crawfish by they're slightly more jagged shape and sometimes have feint strips. These particular bugs aren't toxic per se, bug you will get sick eating just a few. These bugs are in no shape, way, or form any kind worth consuming.
>>
File: p1379605516.jpg (57KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
p1379605516.jpg
57KB, 399x600px
They are also known as Painted Devils. Eat a few and you'll see why. Though we never mistake one as an edible Crawfish, it's easily misconstrued by those who don't eat them often.
>>
File: Gizzards4cats&crawdads.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gizzards4cats&crawdads.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>800154

I use raw chicken gizzards because they're tough and chewy so it keeps them busy for a good while, also really good for catfishing for the same reason, it won't come flying off the hook and you can catch several with the same bait.

Old dude from Alabama taught me that trick.
>>
>>807851
i can't wait to see that thing in my nightmares
>>
>>802347
Yeah you should purge them. I haven't heard of any being inedible.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.